ECT Why is a future restoration never mentioned at critical moments in the NT?

musterion

If Christ's own "not one stone upon another" was not literal but simple hyperbole, we probably shouldn't make too much of them promises. Safest to let the published authorities do the thinking. ;)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep, LA, IP and GT with that anti-Israel spirit...opposing the certain promises of GOD.

We do not oppose ourselves.

But we do oppose the idea that the Jewish nation of Israel who does not believe in Christ are somehow the apple of Gods eye, the people of God.

LA

God's Truth

Yep, LA, IP and GT with that anti-Israel spirit...opposing the certain promises of GOD.

The earthy land Israel does not matter. There is going to be a new earth. What matters is the New Jerusalem. It does not matter who is blood related to Abraham. It only matters about Jesus' blood and who are related by faith in his blood.

musterion

How does that answer Lk 23's babes, which ties the whole message together from 1 to 13 to 19 to 21 into a timeframe that cannot be broken?

Stone towers remained. 70 was not what Christ foretold.

If you won't believe the words of Christ were accurately recorded by Luke, it's not my problem.

Interplanner

To Must:

99% of what Christ said happened, and there is no NT statement by the apostles or next generation that it all hinges on the 2 towers and the wall. It was totally obvious to them what had happened. What had happened was Luke 21, 23, Mt 21:7, and Heb 6:8.

MAD is a fraud and amateur at that.

And you have to answer the timelock of Lk 23. There is no help for it.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

Just work on the segue from Mt23 to Mt24A. They are in shock. They are like children in their Judaism who can't believe what they just heard.

Yes, while those are crucial codiciles, the inverse can certainly be applied to Amos 9C, while still holding to the rumination effect of the gospel as a permeative doctrine. Agreed?

SaulToPaul 2

It takes concentration, but do you know what a segue is?

I believe a segue is a modern mode of transportation for the lazy, but I will agree that they do require concentration because the potential for accidents and broken bones, severed ligaments, strained muscular groups, is extremely high. So I would suggest proceeding with caution. Agreed?

Interplanner

I believe a segue is a modern mode of transportation for the lazy, but I will agree that they do require concentration because the potential for accidents and broken bones, severed ligaments, strained muscular groups, is extremely high. So I would suggest proceeding with caution. Agreed?

The desolation at the end of ch 23 stirs the questions that start ch 24. I would call them questions of denial and shock; they all indicate they are not ready for his answers.

Interplanner

The desolation at the end of ch 23 stirs the questions that start ch 24. I would call them questions of denial and shock; they all indicate they are not ready for his answers.

You would think Christ would tell them 'the place is going to be decimated and then restored.' Instead it's just decimated, before the judgement of the world in general.

TweetyBird

Hi and turn to Gen 15:18 , Israel will occuply the Land from the RIVER of Egypt to the Great River EUPHRATES and this is Prophecy yet to be FULFILLED !!

Land promises of Gen 15 completely fulfilled according to OT Scriptures:

God promised 6 cities of refuge:

Deu 19:7-0
Therefore, I command you, saying, 'You shall set aside three cities for yourself.' "If the LORD your God enlarges your territory, just as He has sworn to your fathers, and gives you all the land which He promised to give your fathers— if you carefully observe all this commandment which I command you today, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in His ways always—then you shall add three more cities for yourself, besides these three.

Joshua 20:7-9 lists six cities of refuge - Kadesh, Shechem, Hebron, Bezer, Ramoth, and Golan.

7 And they appointed Kedesh in Galilee in mount Naphtali, and Shechem in mount Ephraim, and Kirjath-arba, which is Hebron, in the mountain of Judah. 8 And on the other side Jordan by Jericho eastward, they assigned Bezer in the wilderness upon the plain out of the tribe of Reuben, and Ramoth in Gilead out of the tribe of Gad, and Golan in Bashan out of the tribe of Manasseh. 9 These were the cities appointed for all the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them, that whosoever killeth any person at unawares might flee thither, and not die by the hand of the avenger of blood, until he stood before the congregation.

God stated that all the land promises were fulfilled in Joshua 21:

43-45 So the Lord gave Israel all the land which He had sworn to give to their fathers, and they possessed it and lived in it. And the Lord gave them rest on every side, according to all that He had sworn to their fathers, and no one of all their enemies stood before them; the Lord gave all their enemies into their hand. Not one of the good promises which the Lord had made to the house of Israel failed; all came to pass.

And again in Joshua 23:

14-15 Now behold, today I am going the way of all the earth, and you know in all your hearts and in all your souls that not one word of all the good words which the Lord your God spoke concerning you has failed; all have been fulfilled for you, not one of them has failed. "It shall come about that just as all the good words which the Lord your God spoke to you have come upon you, so the Lord will bring upon you all the threats, until He has destroyed you from off this good land which the Lord your God has given you.

Josh 24:28 Then Joshua dismissed the people, each to his inheritance.

2 Sam 8:3 David defeated Hadadezer...as he went to restore his rule at the River [Euphrates].

1 Kings 4:21 Now Solomon ruled over all the kingdoms from the [Euphrates] River to the land of the Philistines and to the border of Egypt; they brought tribute and served Solomon

2 Chr 9:26 And he was the ruler over all the kings from the Euphrates River even to the land of the Philistines, and as far as the border of Egypt.

Neh 9:8 And Thou didst find Abraham's heart faithful before Thee, and didst make a covenant with him to give him the land of the Canaanite, of the Hittite and the Amorite, of the Perizzite, the Jebusite, and the Girgashite-- to give it to his descendants. And Thou hast fulfilled Thy promise, for Thou art righteous.

Jer 11:5 in order to confirm the oath which I swore to your forefathers, to give them a land flowing with milk and honey, as it is this day. Then I answered and said, "Amen, O LORD."

So the disciples were not out of line in asking when the Kingdom would br RESTORED , Acts 1:6

Jesus answered them and said that power was given to them to preach the Gospel to the whole world. His kingdom is not of this world, it is not a physical kingdom.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Show where a future restoration of Israel in its land is the answer that soothes a hostile interaction between Christian and Judaism. It never happens because it is not what the apostles believed.

Acts 1

6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?”

Interplanner

Acts 1

6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?”

1, they were told they were off track weren't they?
2, notice that v6 starts with So... or Therefore... Why is that there? The previous verse is the prep instructions that the Spirit was promised and coming to launch the mission of God. And stay in Jerusalem. What this means is 'staying in Jerusalem' crossed back in their minds to the type of theocratic kingdom they thought was coming from their Judaism. What he meant was he was going to involve and enlist Jewish believers first for the mission to the ends of the earth. I can see why, from their Judaism, they would switch back to that kind of kingdom, but he was not going there.

They occasionally had misconceptions from Judaism that needed to be corrected.