Why I believe war is coming

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I believe the west has miscalculated horribly, they did not expect that the neo nazi thugs they funded and supported and sent in to fire bomb the late government of Ukraine out of power would themselves seize power.

I admit it is only my opinion.

But if I am right my friends then they have a hook in the noses of Nato and the EU and because they are mad dogs they are going to pull on it. WHY? because they KNOW they were funded and supported by Nato and the EU. If that comes out it is political dynamite. They can blackmail them to do almost anything they want to. What they will do now is provoke Russia.

Russia also knows that this is what has happened, that is why they have responded as they have.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
B. Hussein Obama is going to do absolutely nothing as Putin runs over eastern Europe in a bid to rebuild the USSR. Because he backs the play. He will run his mouth, and that is about it.

Granite

Hall of Fame
There may be a "light" or limited proxy war(s) but no major engagements. It'd be bad for business.

Tinark

B. Hussein Obama is going to do absolutely nothing as Putin runs over eastern Europe in a bid to rebuild the USSR. Because he backs the play. He will run his mouth, and that is about it.

Why is it Obama's and the United States' job to "do something" all on our own? Shouldn't that be up to our European Allies to request what they want us to do? They are the ones most affected and they are the ones that should be deciding what needs to be done and request our help if needed.

not4sure

1236407_10203248216344694_799951218_n.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why is it Obama's and the United States' job to "do something" all on our own?

We can not make others participate. What makes you think we can do that? Government exists to wield the sword of justice. Obama is on Putin's side. You are fooled by the leftist smoke and mirrors.

rexlunae

Why is it Obama's and the United States' job to "do something" all on our own?

No one said it was. Unilateralism is not going to be helpful. And Europe has been participating from the beginning.

Shouldn't that be up to our European Allies to request what they want us to do?

It's everyone's responsibility. No less ours.

They are the ones most affected and they are the ones that should be deciding what needs to be done and request our help if needed.

What needs to be done, I think, is to expand NATO into some of these countries that are threatened with Russian invasion. Russia will see that as provocative, but it is the only way to protect their sovereignty.

alwight

Why is it Obama's and the United States' job to "do something" all on our own? Shouldn't that be up to our European Allies to request what they want us to do? They are the ones most affected and they are the ones that should be deciding what needs to be done and request our help if needed.
Surely Sarah Palin can see Russia from Alaska, but we can just about see France from the UK, never mind Russia.
Maybe Putin will want to annex Alaska next? :think:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
This kind of thing should have been expected. Hes ex kgb afterall.

Putin joined the KGB in 1975 upon graduation, and underwent a year's training at the 401st KGB school in Okhta, Leningrad. He then went on to work briefly in the Second Chief Directorate (counter-intelligence) before he was transferred to the First Chief Directorate, where among his duties was the monitoring of foreigners and consular officials in Leningrad.[28][29]

From 1985 to 1990, the KGB stationed Putin in Dresden, East Germany.[30] During that time, Putin was assigned to Directorate S, the illegal intelligence-gathering unit (the KGB's classification for agents who used falsified identities) where he was given cover as a translator and interpreter.[31] One of Putin's jobs was to coordinate efforts with the Stasi to track down and recruit foreigners in Dresden, usually those who were enrolled at the Dresden University of Technology, in the hopes of sending them undercover in the United States. Despite this, Putin biographer Masha Gessen disputes the "KGB Spymaster" image that has been built around him and instead says that Dresden was essentially a backwater job that Putin himself resented:

Putin and his colleagues were reduced mainly to collecting press clippings, thus contributing to the mountains of useless information produced by the KGB. Former agents estimate they spent three-quarters of their time writing reports. Putin's biggest success in his stay in Dresden appears to have been in...[contacting] a U.S. Army Sergeant, who sold them an unclassified Manual for 800 marks.[31]

Following the collapse of the communist East German government, Putin was recalled to the Soviet Union and returned to Leningrad, where in June 1991 he assumed a position with the International Affairs section of Leningrad State University, reporting to Vice-Rector Yuriy Molchanov.[29] In his new position, Putin maintained surveillance on the student body and kept an eye out for recruits. It was during his stint at the university that Putin grew reacquainted with his former professor Anatoly Sobchak, then mayor of Leningrad.[32]

havenofear938

Bad economic times are tinder for the flames of war. People listen to demagogues. I don't think the USA which is trillions in debt can continue to be the policeman of the world and frivolously jump into expensive wars like they did in Iraq.

PureX

The people of any nation have to unite and stand up for themselves against their abusers. Otherwise they will be kept poor and divided and subjugated. There is nothing the United States or any other nation can do to change this simple fact. Everyone has to fight to be free, and to keep their freedom. The enemy is always within. That enemy is our own lack of unity and courage.

As long as we continue to ignore this simple fact of reality, we will continue meddling in the lost causes of other nations, and we will continue to lose our own freedom here at home.

The people of the Ukraine, if united, could make Russia's occupation cost them far more than they are willing to pay. But to do that, they need to be united in their desire to resist Russia's domination. If they are not united in their resistance, divided they will fall, and nothing we can do will change that.

In the meantime, we should be thinking about how we can unite our own people against the oligarchs who have taken control of our government, and who are systematically driving most of us into the poor house while they strip us of our rights. We have our own battles to engage, and our own freedom to maintain, and we aren't doing it.

rexlunae

The people of any nation have to unite and stand up for themselves against their abusers. Otherwise they will be kept poor and divided and subjugated. There is nothing the United States or any other nation can do to change this simple fact. Everyone has to fight to be free, and to keep their freedom. The enemy is always within. That enemy is our own lack of unity and courage.

As long as we continue to ignore this simple fact of reality, we will continue meddling in the lost causes of other nations, and we will continue to lose our own freedom here at home.

The people of the Ukraine, if united, could make Russia's occupation cost them far more than they are willing to pay. But to do that, they need to be united in their desire to resist Russia's domination. If they are not united in their resistance, divided they will fall, and nothing we can do will change that.

It is certainly true that a united Ukraine would be much harder to Russia to dominate. But that isn't reality. The Ukraine that exists is inherently divided by language, culture, and political ideology, like most large nations. The Russians have exploited that divide stir up paranoia in the Russian-speaking parts in order to annex territory and break up and destabilize the country, and that is reprehensible.

In the meantime, we should be thinking about how we can unite our own people against the oligarchs who have taken control of our government, and who are systematically driving most of us into the poor house while they strip us of our rights. We have our own battles to engage, and our own freedom to maintain, and we aren't doing it.

Totally agreed here though.

PureX

It is certainly true that a united Ukraine would be much harder to Russia to dominate. But that isn't reality. The Ukraine that exists is inherently divided by language, culture, and political ideology, like most large nations. The Russians have exploited that divide stir up paranoia in the Russian-speaking parts in order to annex territory and break up and destabilize the country, and that is reprehensible.
Only a short while ago, the country was united in it's decision to break out of the Soviet Union. But going it alone was difficult, and they allowed their own oligarchs to take control. So they thew them out, and now there is a power vacuum for Putin to exploit. The people of the Ukraine need to figure out what they want, and then find the courage to make it happen. And until they do this, they were remain vulnerable to whatever tin-pot dictator has the guts to take the wheel.

I feel sorry for them, I do. But we can't think for them. And we can't make them make themselves free.

Putin is just doing what he thinks is good for Russia. That's his job.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

Totally agreed here though.

:plain: Ditto

rexlunae

Only a short while ago,

It was a full generation ago. It's been 23 years. There are plenty of adult Ukrainians who've never lived in the Soviet Union, and I'd bet you'd find them to be a significant portion of the Maidan.

the country was united in it's decision to break out of the Soviet Union. But going it alone was difficult, and they allowed their own oligarchs to take control.

Not unlike Russia, really.

So they thew them out, and now there is a power vacuum for Putin to exploit.

Not exactly true. Some of the people who are in power now in Ukraine qualify as oligarchs themselves.

The people of the Ukraine need to figure out what they want, and then find the courage to make it happen. And until they do this, they were remain vulnerable to whatever tin-pot dictator has the guts to take the wheel.

I'm not entirely clear on what you're proposing, but the idea that in order to have a stable, secure nation they must reach some kind of overwhelming consensus is strange. Real democracies don't typically do that. Fake democracies like Russia do.

I feel sorry for them, I do. But we can't think for them. And we can't make them make themselves free.

I don't think anyone asked you to think for them. As far as "making them free" goes, we can certainly push for the conditions where it might be possible. They are demanding it already, in large numbers.

Putin is just doing what he thinks is good for Russia. That's his job.

I'm not sure that's true, but I think he has larger responsibilities than that if he wants to be seen as a world leader, which he clearly has in the past. He's already gotten Russia booted from the G8. I don't think it's appropriate to look at the actions of nations as some sort of amoral power game where they are fully justified in any actions they take by appealing to what is good for their countries.

PureX

I'm not entirely clear on what you're proposing, but the idea that in order to have a stable, secure nation they must reach some kind of overwhelming consensus is strange. Real democracies don't typically do that. Fake democracies like Russia do.
People must unite in their determination to be free from oppression as their first priority. And they need to hold onto that determination as they establish their methods of governing after they remove the oppressors. Until they do this, they are not likely to succeed, and our meddling doesn't change that. Because even if the oppressors are removed from power, a new batch will immediately rise up from within to take their place, if they can.

You can't just want freedom, and expect it to show up automatically after the overthrow. You have to KEEP fighting for it, to establish it in the gap left behind by the overthrow, and keep fighting thereafter to keep the would-be dictators from arising and taking over, again.

My point is that freedom, justice and opportunity require constant effort because the 'enemy' of these is all around us. And always AMONG us.

The United States keeps getting caught up in these useless struggles in other nations because we're forever trying to establish a freedom that they aren't really willing to fight to establish and keep. And ultimately, no one else can do it for them.

If the people of the Ukraine want freedom and democracy, they need to unite in that cause, FIRST. And then they need to keep that priority when it comes time to set of a new government. It's not rocket science. Freedom requires sacrifice. If they aren't willing to pay the price, they aren't going to have it, or keep it. That's just the way it is.

And we'd better relearn that lesson, ourselves, very soon, or we aren't going to have it anymore, either.
They are demanding it already, in large numbers.
If they really want it, nothing will stop them. Because the oppressors will always be outnumbered.
I'm not sure that's true, but I think he has larger responsibilities than that if he wants to be seen as a world leader, which he clearly has in the past. He's already gotten Russia booted from the G8. I don't think it's appropriate to look at the actions of nations as some sort of amoral power game where they are fully justified in any actions they take by appealing to what is good for their countries.
The question is, is he representing the people of Russia, or not? If he is, then he's doing his job.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
When I think of Americans [and I've met not a few] and I was saved in part through an American ministry, I can't help but love Americans. But Americans cannot see that there is an evil power working through many of it's institutions and arms of government.

I watched horrored and fascinated one day a nature programme, a huge tarantula was being attacked by a really evil looking fly, the whole purpose and intent of this nasty creature [and apparently they always win this battle] is to inject her eggs into the soft underbelly of the spider. They will hatch and as larvae commence to feed upon the spider. From the moment the eggs are injected that spider is doomed.

The Federal reserve is just such a parasite. But the goal of the bankers is not just America...they have America, but the world.