ECT Why God sent Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So are you saying Paul was not forgiven because we know he was.

I was hoping you would stop hedging your answer. Paul was not forgiven, unless you think the Lord Jesus Christ was a liar. He did not receive remission of sin. He was counted as crucified and raised up where he is dead to sin.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Word of God jumped him in a alley one day and showed him everything.

No, you're thinking of John Nelson Darby

"The pretribulation rapture......historians are still trying to determine how or where Darby got it. . . . Possibly, we may have to settle for Darby's own explanation. He claimed that the doctrine virtually jumped out of the pages of Scripture once he accepted and consistently maintained the distinction between Israel and the church". - Timothy P. Weber, Living In The Shadow Of The Second Coming: American Premillennialism, 1875 - 1982

achduke

I was hoping you would stop hedging your answer. Paul was not forgiven, unless you think the Lord Jesus Christ was a liar. He did not receive remission of sin. He was counted as crucified and raised up where he is dead to sin.

Why would forgiving Paul make Jesus a liar? I still do not see any proof that Paul blasphemed the Holy Spirit.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The 12 after Pentecost were filled with the Holy Spirit and God spoke through them. To speak against them was to speak against the Holy Spirit who gave them utterance.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why would forgiving Paul make Jesus a liar?

Matthew 12

32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

achduke

Matthew 12

32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Once again it does not specifically say he blasphemed against the Holy Spirit. Even 1 Timothy 1:13 does not specify who he blasphemed against but he was given mercy for his ignorance.

Show me a biblical definition of blasphemy.

1 Timothy 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

achduke

The 12 after Pentecost were filled with the Holy Spirit and God spoke through them. To speak against them was to speak against the Holy Spirit who gave them utterance.

Everyone claims they have the Holy Spirit. If you speak against them are you committing blasphemy?

Danoh

No, you're thinking of John Nelson Darby

"The pretribulation rapture......historians are still trying to determine how or where Darby got it. . . . Possibly, we may have to settle for Darby's own explanation. He claimed that the doctrine virtually jumped out of the pages of Scripture once he accepted and consistently maintained the distinction between Israel and the church". - Timothy P. Weber, Living In The Shadow Of The Second Coming: American Premillennialism, 1875 - 1982

Geez, but you're slow - every human being in every area of life has experienced moments like that - including you.

"So that's what this is..."

"So that's what she meant..."

"So that's where this part goes..."

"So that's who killed so and so..."

"So that's how this works..."

In fact, as you are fond of being an example of, anytime one person reads their notions into another's intent, it is due to their having jumped the gun a bit too soon before bothering first to ask a few more questions.

Read my OP's pdf on Darby again - see for yourself the actual PAULINE distinction that was on Darby's mind BEFORE the other one litterally jumped out of Scripture to welcome him due to the prior distinction the eyes of his understanding had finally been opened up to - the PAULINE DISTINCTION of who he, Darby, was in Christ.

Man are you both slow and wicked in its resulting fool ideas.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Once again, the FACT that Jesus Christ is the Son of God is NOT the SAME FACT that He died for our sins."

A key distinction that is, too...

So you think they did not know that Christ died to free them of their sins?

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Geez, but you're slow - every human being in every area of life has experienced moments like that - including you.

"So that's what this is..."

"So that's what she meant..."

"So that's where this part goes..."

"So that's who killed so and so..."

"So that's how this works..."

In fact, as you are fond of being an example of, anytime one person reads their notions into another's intent, it is due to their having jumped the gun a bit too soon before bothering first to ask a few more questions.

Read my OP's pdf on Darby again - see for yourself the actual PAULINE distinction that was on Darby's mind BEFORE the other one litterally jumped out of Scripture to welcome him due to the prior distinction the eyes of his understanding had finally been opened up to - the PAULINE DISTINCTION of who he, Darby, was in Christ.

Man are you both slow and wicked in its resulting fool ideas.

The pre-tribulation rapture theory is a lie.

The seven years of tribulation is a lie.

The Jews are Gods people, is a lie.

LA

Danoh

So you think they did not know that Christ died to free them of their sins?

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

LA

Welcome back, Laze...at the same time; too bad you've returned in your same old daze.

Where does it say in those passages that Christ died for their sins?

I mean without reading the Lord's Words through Paul into them at the very least, what; over three years later?

Okay, so you don't agree with that. But neither your view nor mine are the issue. What the Scripture says about these things is.

We ought to at least keep an open mind to comparing each's understanding in light of the Word.

Don't be like Tet; his mind is not only made up, but so is the constant stream of half-truths and mis-statements he seems to need to thrive on.

The best to you in that.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Welcome back, Laze...at the same time; too bad you've returned in your same old daze.

Where does it say in those passages that Christ died for their sins?

I mean without reading the Lord's Words through Paul into them at the very least, what; over three years later?

Okay, so you don't agree with that. But neither your view nor mine are the issue. What the Scripture says about these things is.

We ought to at least keep an open mind to comparing each's understanding in light of the Word.

Don't be like Tet; his mind is not only made up, but so is the constant stream of half-truths and mis-statements he seems to need to thrive on.

The best to you in that.

Joh 1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Everyone claims they have the Holy Spirit. If you speak against them are you committing blasphemy?

Everyone claims they have the Holy Spirit (in the way the 12 did) does not mean they did. In fact, nobody does today. Therefore, your question doesn't get answered.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Strange how she only calls the tribulation a "theory". You can certainly debate the timing of the departure. Yet it is not a theory that Jews are God's people. Perhaps she meant Israel. And the tribulation is not a theory to her.

Psa 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psa 18:3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
Psa 18:4 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid.
Psa 18:5 The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me.
Psa 18:6 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
Psa 18:7 Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth.
Psa 18:8 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.
Psa 18:9 He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet.
Psa 18:10 And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind.
Psa 18:11 He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
Psa 18:12 At the brightness that was before him his thick clouds passed, hail stones and coals of fire.
Psa 18:13 The LORD also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire.
Psa 18:14 Yea, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them.
Psa 18:15 Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O LORD, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils.
Psa 18:16 He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters.
Psa 18:17 He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me.

Dan 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
Dan 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
Dan 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
Dan 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

LA

Status
Not open for further replies.