ECT WHY GENTILES ARE IN THE BODY ??

turbosixx

Nope.

In Romans he is contrasting between the Jew under the Law who asserted he was a Jew merely outwardly: and the Jew who actually was a Jew, under the Law.

I agree he is using "under that law" as an example but he takes it further to those under faith.

He is pointing out that being a Jew (circumcised) and trusting the law is of no value if you break the law.
Rom. 2:25 For circumcision indeed is of value if you obey the law, but if you break the law, your circumcision becomes uncircumcision. 26 So, if a man who is uncircumcised keeps the precepts of the law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision? 27 Then he who is physically uncircumcised but keeps the law will condemn you who have the written code and circumcision but break the law.
So he says the Gentile will be "regarded" as circumcised if he keeps the precepts of the law. The law is a shadow and gives us a physical example of what we have in Christ.

Then he takes it to the Spirit which is not the law but faith.
Rom. 2:29 But a Jew is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter. His praise is not from man but from God.

We can see in Colossians he doesn't say "regarded" as circumcision but says [COLOR="#800080]"you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,"[/COLOR]

Circumcised by Christ is by the Spirit as we see in Romans.

Your welcome :)

turbosixx

OK, I understand that you will never understand.... Just put the Bible in a blender and make a mess of it.

It understand it perfectly. No gaps all the pieces fit.

Tell me. Jesus preached about the kingdom a lot. Can you point out a passage where he describes the kingdom you envision?

I believe he is describing the church. For example:
Matt. 13:18 “Therefore hear the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside. 20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. 22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. 23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”

DAN P

That is a great way to do Bible study.

That could present a problem.

There is a thread called Do Christians Have 'Vile' Bodies? that is asking whether our bodies are truly vile.

It is based on this verse:

Philippians 3:21
21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.​

Without looking at a dictionary, what do you think "vile" means in that verse?

Hi and the Greek VILE / TAPEEINOSIS has many meanings , like : LOW ESTATE , BE MADE LOW , VILE , and HUMILIATION and a Greek transliterated word !!

dan p

Danoh

I agree he is using "under that law" as an example but he takes it further to those under faith.

He is pointing out that being a Jew (circumcised) and trusting the law is of no value if you break the law.
Rom. 2:25 For circumcision indeed is of value if you obey the law, but if you break the law, your circumcision becomes uncircumcision. 26 So, if a man who is uncircumcised keeps the precepts of the law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision? 27 Then he who is physically uncircumcised but keeps the law will condemn you who have the written code and circumcision but break the law.
So he says the Gentile will be "regarded" as circumcised if he keeps the precepts of the law. The law is a shadow and gives us a physical example of what we have in Christ.

Then he takes it to the Spirit which is not the law but faith.
Rom. 2:29 But a Jew is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter. His praise is not from man but from God.

We can see in Colossians he doesn't say "regarded" as circumcision but says [COLOR="#800080]"you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,"[/COLOR]

Circumcised by Christ is by the Spirit as we see in Romans.

Your welcome :)

You're fooling yourself again.

And good luck with that denominational translation of...

Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

The KJV has it right - the s in spirit IS lower case.

For the issue there (rebellion) is the same heart/spirit (or heart attitude) as in verse 8 in the following...

Psalms 78:1 Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.

78:5 For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children: 78:6 That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children: 78:7 That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments: 78:8 And might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their heart aright, and whose spirit was not stedfast with God.

Put away your books based approach, Turbo.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Acts 17: 11, 12.

Danoh

That is a great way to do Bible study.

That could present a problem.

There is a thread called Do Christians Have 'Vile' Bodies? that is asking whether our bodies are truly vile.

It is based on this verse:

Philippians 3:21
21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.​

Without looking at a dictionary, what do you think "vile" means in that verse?

Instead of a word study, I do a word concordance.

I look for a same and or similar words and or similar themes, in and throughout my KJV.

I don't own copies of any other version.

Just a matter of basic rules of reading comprehension diligently applied to my KJV.

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

8:12 And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them.

That, in light of the issues touched on in a passage and or its surrounding ones.

Along with other rules, like contrast.

The contrast in Philippians 3:21 being between a vile body and a glorious one.

And something about an empowerment our present body does not possess.

There is a contrast there between a body that falls short somehow, and one that will be much more limitless in ability.

Which points me to other passages wherein that or an aspect of it, is touched on.

And that is a familiar theme: our resurrection...and its eternal enablements.

1 Corinthians 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

Dishonour = weakness

Glory = power.

Vile = weakness.

Glorious = empowered.

Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

A body fully empowered unto its intended use in glory one day - in contrast to our present one, subject to all sorts of limitations.

In other words...

Colossians 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

With Him = with His same empowered body.

A glorious body.

Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

That kind of thing...

Also, when I do use the Greek, I only use it for a concordance as well.

In other words, for where a same or a closely related word is used, and how it is.

I don't bother with the tenses, and moods, and multiple definitions, and all the rest until I have done the above "throughly."

More important is those related themes.

And the issue is between our present body, and one which will one day be exalted - that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

A body above all things. No longer their subject, but their ruler...in Him.

No longer the need to "keep under my body."

Rather, a body that is like Him - an heir WITH Him OVER ALL things with Him.

My approach is a bit more drawn out, and a bit circuitous.

But I like its results - I am forced to rely on Scripture's narrative alone.

And I am forced to look throughout the Scripture and at all sorts of scenarios in the Scripture.

And all that resulting familiarity with all the Scripture over time then serves me during other studies.

And my sought out answers end up fuller; much more well-rounded. Based on much more than a Greek word or two.

I like that result.

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

The former in this passage, results in the latter there.

Makes it easier to go by the Word, as to what is what.

Rom. 5: 6-8.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

For the issue there (rebellion) is the same heart/spirit (or heart attitude) as in verse 8 in the following...

Psalms 78:1 Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.

78:5 For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children: 78:6 That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children: 78:7 That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments: 78:8 And might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their heart aright, and whose spirit was not stedfast with God.
I approve of the above.

turbosixx

You're fooling yourself again.

And good luck with that denominational translation of...

I believe you are right in that it's lower case.

Put away your books based approach, Turbo.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Acts 17: 11, 12.

I agree it's about rebellion but rebellion under the old law was the physical act but under the new it's of the heart. That's why he says "by the Spirit, not by the letter". He's contrasting the two. The Jews were wanting to cling to their heritage and the old law but Paul is trying to prove to them faith is better.

What makes someone a Jew?

Right Divider

Body part
It understand it perfectly. No gaps all the pieces fit.
You've certainly convinced yourself of that.

Tell me. Jesus preached about the kingdom a lot. Can you point out a passage where he describes the kingdom you envision?
The kingdom that Jesus preached was spoken about all through the scripture. Here are a few examples:

Dan 7:27 (AKJV/PCE)
(7:27) And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom [is] an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Luke 1:31-33 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:31) And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. (1:32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: (1:33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Rev 11:15 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:15) And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become [the kingdoms] of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

I believe he is describing the church. For example:
Matt. 13:18 “Therefore hear the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside. 20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. 22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. 23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”
That's because you continue to cling to Churchianity.

Last edited:

Danoh

lol about the capitals in English 17 centuries later! Wow you guys are the ticket.

Yo, clueless, that was not my point.

For whether the thing is in caps or not; or divided into separate words, or not; or punctuated or not - none of that ever determined Scripture's intended meanings.

Rather, the Scripture as a whole does - when - compared with itself, as a whole.

Case in point...

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Hunh?

The scripture alone is its own interpreter.

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Hunh?

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Hunh?

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

Hunh?

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Therefore, one is to...

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Which is where we find the truth of Romans 5: 6-8 - in each our stead, properly interpreted - by Scripture itself.

Because the scripture alone is its own interpreter.

Always was, always will be, though heaven and earth might pass away...