Why folks struggle with Paul

clefty

NO

Stop acting like GOD had to try anything.
He was on trial...revealing Himself

You are making GOD out to be foolish.
GOD IS ALL KNOWING AND NEVER MADE A MISTAKE WHAT SO EVER.
evidence of regret and relenting is also in scripture...as is changing His mind

Heard of Open Theism?

YOUR FAULT LIES IN BELIEF IN THE TRINITY.
huh? How...and who said I do?

NOR WERE THE ANGELS KILLED.
didnt say that...but the opposite...nothing ever killed until the substituted animal instead of the Law breakers...His MERCY finally revealed

please consider your words and the origins of and the motives behind.

Our merciful GOD is without change and never made any mistake and cannot, being all knowing.

Free will is like that...the entire universe watches...

popsthebuilder

He was on trial...revealing Himself

evidence of regret and relenting is also in scripture...as is changing His mind

Heard of Open Theism?

huh? How...and who said I do?

didnt say that...but the opposite...nothing ever killed until the substituted animal instead of the Law breakers...His MERCY finally revealed

Free will is like that...the entire universe watches...
GOD repented.

As in turned from or stopped a thing.

Not as in changed mind.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

clefty

GOD repented.

As in turned from or stopped a thing.

Not as in changed mind.

Was He forced to turn or into stopping?

Or did He change His mind?

Regretted too...

Tested to see...

Led Israel into the wilderness lest they change their mind...they failed anyways...lol...

clefty

GOD was on trial? Really?

Scripture please

Start in the OT

Taste and see...choose ye this day...

On to the NT...IF I be lifted up...etc...

All over scripture He is searching for character witnesses that declare Him GOOD INDEED...

And free willingly NOT because they were forced by fear or “bought”...juries are quite mindful of that

clefty

Neither.

Actually Moses stopped Him by reminding Him how He would look to the jury if He destroyed with His jealous Wrath His own people...

Bold move on Moses part...killer instinct recognizes its own...

Actually Paul too had that killer instinct and is why he emphasized submission to the weakest in their faith lest they fail in a free will choice but are coerced and made to stumble...

Subtle tactics in the war for souls...

Of course people forgetting the great controversy that it is are in Stockholm sydrome mode and thus compromised and not really fighting the good fight...

popsthebuilder

Actually Moses stopped Him by reminding Him how He would look to the jury if He destroyed with His jealous Wrath His own people...

Bold move on Moses part...killer instinct recognizes its own...

Actually Paul too had that killer instinct and is why he emphasized submission to the weakest in their faith lest they fail in a free will choice but are coerced and made to stumble...

Subtle tactics in the war for souls...

Of course people forgetting the great controversy that it is are in Stockholm sydrome mode and thus compromised and not really fighting the good fight...
I don't even know where to start with this it seems so very wrong

clefty

I don't even know where to start with this it seems so very wrong

What seems wrong? that Moses and Paul had killer instincts? and know what is at stake and were chosen as useful for it?

How about Abraham? David? Man after His Own heart yet still too bloody to build the House for His name...

Peter? Only disciple to take a swing...

How about Jacob?...fought Yah and WON...hence his new name...

What part of this great controversy seems wrong to you? He brings not peace but a sword? Two edged? Preceding from His mouth?

This is it...your one life chance...the ancient war is already won for us...but the battle rages even harder...you ready?

popsthebuilder

What seems wrong? that Moses and Paul had killer instincts? and know what is at stake and were chosen as useful for it?

How about Abraham? David? Man after His Own heart yet still too bloody to build the House for His name...

Peter? Only disciple to take a swing...

How about Jacob?...fought Yah and WON...hence his new name...

What part of this great controversy seems wrong to you? He brings not peace but a sword? Two edged? Preceding from His mouth?

This is it...your one life chance...the ancient war is already won for us...but the battle rages even harder...you ready?
I was born ready friend.

The sword cuts away the flesh from Spirit. Separated the old from the new creation. Jacob wrestled GOD, as in faught against GOD. He did not win against GOD but against self, submitting to GOD.

clefty

I was born ready friend.

The sword cuts away the flesh from Spirit. Separated the old from the new creation. Jacob wrestled GOD, as in faught against GOD. He did not win against GOD but against self, submitting to GOD.

Jacob claims to have seen the face of God...struggled with Him and was preserved...Hosea backs him his victory Hosea 12:4

He did not submit but it was only by divine intervention he was paralyzed (subsequently remained crippled and Israel still does not eat of that tendon)

Realizing he was not battling an ordinary man he then put God in a headlock and demanded his blessing and got it...a name which means “strove with El and prevailed” doubtful Esau or anyone would mess with him now...lol

Nothing there about striving against himself...

The Talmud has stories of rabbis beating Yah in arguments too...lol...explains a lot...

popsthebuilder

Jacob claims to have seen the face of God struggled with Him and was preserved...Hosea backs him his victory Hosea 12:4

He did not submit but it was only by divine intervention he was paralyzed (subsequently remained crippled and Israel still does not eat of that tendon)

Realizing he was not battling an ordinary man he put God in a headlock and demanded his blessing and got it...a name which means “strove with God and prevailed” doubtful Esau or anyone would mess with him now...lol

Nothing there about striving against himself...

The Talmud has stories of rabbis beating Yah in arguments too...lol...explains a lot...
You need to attempt to understand that the vast majority of sacred texts is to be understood metaphorically and not literally.

As if one of limited cognitive abilities can win an argument with the all knowing.

I am very aware of the struggle of Jacob.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You need to attempt to understand that the vast majority of sacred texts is to be understood metaphorically and not literally.

If that's true, how does one determine what is metaphor and what actually happened?

As if one of limited cognitive abilities can win an argument with the all knowing.

clefty

don’t underestimate the Jew...LOL...with Jews you lose...implied even the donkey carrying one to curse them...

well you missed on both counts the event and its spiritual component...

And for no reason...or?

popsthebuilder

don’t underestimate the Jew...LOL...with Jews you lose...implied even the donkey carrying one to curse them...

well you missed on both counts the event and its spiritual component...

And for no reason...or?
Oh? How so?

clefty

Oh? How so?

How so which part? The first which has a long standing tradition...proud to a fault...and still even more powerful daily

Or the second which in post #50 you state:

“He did not win against GOD but against self,” swing and a miss

“submitting to GOD.” swing and another miss...

And with this you arent even holding the bat or at the plate...lol

“You need to attempt to understand that the vast majority of sacred texts is to be understood metaphorically and not literally”

popsthebuilder

How so which part? The first which has a long standing tradition...proud to a fault...and still even more powerful daily

Or the second which in post #50 you state:

“He did not win against GOD but against self,” swing and a miss

“submitting to GOD.” swing and another miss...

And with this you arent even holding the bat or at the plate...lol

“You need to attempt to understand that the vast majority of sacred texts is to be understood metaphorically and not literally”
So you actually think Jacob over powered the omnipotent? It never dawned on you that it was the will of GOD for such to happen?

You are beginning to be quite disrespectful also. Is that you overpowering your conscience?

clefty

So you actually think Jacob over powered the omnipotent? It never dawned on you that it was the will of GOD for such to happen?
of course Jacob won...the whole night the fight was in temporal terms...man to man...rules of combat...but well, seeing that He couldn’t defeat Jacob and the sun was rising He CHEATED and use divine MAGIC POWERS to cripple Jacob...of course Jacob then realized something was different and hung on making his demands...the Diving one could have called ten thousand angels horse men and chariots and fire itself and floods and earthquakes too to get Himself out of that headlock but He DIDNT...He kept fighting according to the RULES...and well finally HAD to bless Jacob...with a name that signified exactly what HE wanted because HE chose that name for Jacob and not another...now why did Yah have to do that?

You are beginning to be quite disrespectful also. Is that you overpowering your conscience?

Least I dont dis the Word of Yah itself because I missed a swing...and with “scripture...all just metaphorical not literal” lol...

Sorry mr “born ready”...just messing with you...trying to make this fun

Sharpening iron here...

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

If that's true, how does one determine what is metaphor and what actually happened?

What do you mean?

It has nothing to do with the past and everything to do with today.

What do you mean, "what do you mean?"

You said, "the vast majority of sacred texts is to be understood metaphorically and not literally."

How does one determine what is metaphor and what actually happened, if what you say, that the vast majority of texts are to be understood metaphorically and not literally, is true?