Why folks struggle with Paul

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So you actually think Jacob over powered the omnipotent? It never dawned on you that it was the will of GOD for such to happen?

You are beginning to be quite disrespectful also. Is that you overpowering your conscience?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
of course Jacob won...the whole night the fight was in temporal terms...man to man...rules of combat...but well, seeing that He couldn’t defeat Jacob and the sun was rising He CHEATED and use divine MAGIC POWERS to cripple Jacob...of course Jacob then realized something was different and hung on making his demands...the Diving one could have called ten thousand angels horse men and chariots and fire itself and floods and earthquakes too to get Himself out of that headlock but He DIDNT...He kept fighting according to the RULES...and well finally HAD to bless Jacob...with a name that signified exactly what HE wanted because HE chose that name for Jacob and not another...now why did Yah have to do that?

Least I dont dis the Word of Yah itself because I missed a swing...and with “scripture...all just metaphorical not literal” lol...

Sorry mr “born ready”...just messing with you...trying to make this fun

Sharpening iron here...
"Overpowered" is the wrong word to use.

"Endured to the end" is a better fit, and it fits the overall plot of the Bible, at least as far as what God told the Jews to do to be saved, "endure to the end and you will be saved."

popsthebuilder

What do you mean, "what do you mean?"

You said, "the vast majority of sacred texts is to be understood metaphorically and not literally."

How does one determine what is metaphor and what actually happened, if what you say, that the vast majority of texts are to be understood metaphorically and not literally, is true?
I'll have to attempt to respond to this later. It is something that will take time I don't have right now.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk