• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Why don't creationists publish?

redfern

You would agree that anything which begins to exist has a cause.

No, I do not agree. Implicit in your statement is the need for “a cause” to exist before the Big Bang. To exist “before” the Big Bang means there was time before the Big Bang. I don’t expect you to know the mathematics involved, but can you show us that you at least have a conceptual idea of why physicists say there was no time before the Big Bang?

Redfern.... You said "There is no supernatural, ..." So, if you start with that belief, then in actuality you are not willing to follow evidence that may lead to an intelligent designer...IOW, shoehorning.

Au contraire. My beliefs are based on my best understanding, but as is true in all science – given convincing evidence that I am wrong, I will change. Are you equally open to admitting it when shown an important belief of yours is in error?

Origin of the universe and origin of Life are hardly peripheral issues.

I was careful to use the word periphery – not peripheral. By that I am referring to the fact that the Big Bang involved conditions so foreign to what we see around us now that we have to go to the extreme edges of our science to try to understand it. Similarly with abiogenesis – if we assume life started here on earth, then that first life commenced billions of years ago in some microscopic place that was probably long ago carried down into the interior of the earth and melted by the action of plate tectonics.

… unresolved issues. ... You didn't even return to the one issue we were discussing before. The various rescue device explanations evolutionists employ to explain away our high mutation rate, within their old Earth beliefs.

I assume you are referring to our exchange in the “Evolution is a Falsehood” Thread. I clearly explained there that I am not conversant with many of the biological terms and concepts that are essential to understand and meaningfully evaluate the arguments relative to VSDMs. Clint Eastwood long ago taught me that “A good man knows his limitations.” I choose not to simply quote mine from materials that sound like they buttress my ideas. You seem to not impose that limitation on yourself.

Well.... there you go... You start with the conclusion and come up with a shoddy interpretations. We know mutations can cause deformities and even extinctions in birds. We have never seen mutations improving the design of birds... But you believe in spite of the evidence. We do see where pre-existing genetic information can help birds adapt and survive changing environments.

Fascinating reply. Leading up to this you asserted that “if bad design is evidence against an intelligent Creator, then good design must be evidence for an intelligent creator.” In response I used the example of nature designing both good and bad wings to show how childishly nonsensical your claim was. But rather than acknowledging that, you respond as though the core idea under discussion was the role of mutations. Straw man extraordinaire.

I think you inject this mutational load idea so often because you have found it is something few people know enough about to be able to effectively respond to you. Earlier in this thread you and Jose Fly briefly tangled over this. I followed a link Jose Fly gave to another thread from earlier this year in which you two apparently had a more extended exchange on the subject. I did download a couple of peer-reviewed papers on genetic load that were linked. Although the subject-specific content in those papers was well above my pay grade, I did see where the authors of the paper titled “Negative selection in humans and fruit flies involves synergistic epistasis” stated quite clearly what the dispersion of “deleterious alleles” would look like both with and without the effects of “synergistic epistasis”. The more than a dozen co-authors of that paper concur in saying that the actual observed dispersion of “deleterious alleles” was mathematically consistent with the predictions of synergistic epistasis.

“Synergistic epistasis” is a proposed biological mechanism that Kondrashov (and others?) suggested decades ago may explain why mutational load has not been observed to necessarily lead to extinctions. It is also a term that you (and Sanford) have long denigrated as just a “rescue” device.

Arguing with me is going to get you nowhere on this, since I am simply a novice in this forwarding what I have read in the few papers on the subject. I would be impressed if you would contact one or more of the authors of the paper whose title I mentioned, and then you and Sanford show them what is wrong. Remember, their paper has already passed the peer-review process, so any counter-arguments you and Sanford might offer will need to be able withstand the same level of professional scrutiny.

Science is not wrong. Evolutionists were wrong.

Ahhh, yes, I anthropomorphized science. Not a good idea for me to do when I know you are going to focus on such an egregious error.

They claimed the useless appendix was evidence of common ancestry. Science has actually shown that the appendix does have function. So evolutionists say it does not matter if it has function or no function ...it is still evidence for their beliefs. What that shows is that evolutionary beliefs are non falsifiable and evidence does not matter. Interpretations are shoehorned to fit their belief system.

Hard to keep up with you. I thought we had just reached an agreement that you don’t consider the appendix as vestigial, so the “useless” argument is not applicable. But now you turn right around on a rant about whether being vestigial (yeah, I used the word) requires the organ to be useless.

Ok, so if the “useless” vs “vestigial” argument is your focus now, fine. I know you would love to demand that if Mother Nature no longer uses an organ for its original purpose, then for some unfathomable reason she is prohibited from using that organ in any other beneficial way. Please tell me your logic isn’t so crippled that you actually think that.

But, if it would help, I will send you a cute little puppy that you can cuddle with to console you while you are in emotional therapy because Mother Nature doesn’t play by your childish rules.

And, since you omitted responding to the part of my last post that most directly deals with the subject of this thread (creationists publishing), I will simply repost that part of your prior message here:

If you are interested in articles from the same scientists that deal with origins science, then check out journals that cater to their specific beliefs. IOW, A scientist with evolutionary beliefs is unlikely to get published in a journal that caters to intelligent design or Biblical creation. Likewise a Biblical creationist does not expect to have his beliefs published in a journal that caters to evolutionary beliefs.

Nature does not care whether we are secular or creationist. If a scientific idea is incorrect, and that idea is used as the basis for testable studies, nature isn’t going to care a whit about the logic, the motivations, the sincerity, the reputation, the religious persuasion, the skin color, or what flavor of ice cream one prefers. Accordingly, within secular science when there is disagreement, then efforts are made to have nature demonstrate which idea is the correct one (if either one is correct). So if creationists differ with secular scientists on how nature works, then why not have the integrity to do the same - jointly find a way to see which is right? If there are fundamental errors in secular science, then wouldn’t it be more productive to demonstrate those failings rather than to form a little side clique that refuses to publish opposing technical papers?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can you show us that you at least have a conceptual idea of why physicists say there was no time before the Big Bang?

Because they prefer nonsense over the truth.

"No time" is a philosophical impossibility.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

redfern

And a logical one, too.

I appreciate the responses from you and Stripe. I take your responses as showing that you two are bereft of any conceptual understanding of why physicists make the “no time before the Big Bang” claim. I wonder if 6days’ response will follow suit?

I would be glad to fill in a little bit of the underlying reasoning, but first perhaps 6days will bring something to the discussion that I will need to consider.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I appreciate the responses from you and Stripe. I take your responses as showing that you two are bereft of any conceptual understanding of why physicists make the “no time before the Big Bang” claim. I wonder if 6days’ response will follow suit?

I would be glad to fill in a little bit of the underlying reasoning, but first perhaps 6days will bring something to the discussion that I will need to consider.
Honestly, does it truly matter why someone makes an argument for something if their reasoning for it is wrong or illogical?

Please consider that time cannot be created for the following reason. Creation means going from non-existence to existence, which itself is a sequence, a before and after. And any before and after sequence requires time. Time therefore is a precondition of creating. Thus time itself cannot be created.

Therefore, to argue that time was created at the Big Bang is a contradiction in logic, and since truth is non-contradictory, therefore time must have always existed, because the alternative is self contradictory.

Last edited:

redfern

Honestly, does it truly matter why someone makes an argument for something if their reasoning for it is wrong or illogical?

Please consider that time cannot be created for the following reason. Creation means going from non-existence to existence, which itself is a sequence, a before and after. And any before and after sequence requires time. Time therefore is a precondition of creating. Thus time itself cannot be created.

Therefore, to argue that time was created at the Big Bang is a contradiction in logic, and since truth is non-contradictory, therefore time must have always existed, because the alternative is self contradictory.

As recently as a century ago, I think almost all scientists would agree with what you said. But that is because we had never before had to deal with things of dramatically different size than this world we live in. Effectively, early men knew almost nothing about things smaller than the specks of dust we see sparkling in a sunbeam, and early records indicated that we had no comprehension of things bigger than that dome over the flat earth in which twinkly lights called stars were embedded.

When early microscopes and telescopes came along, we were amazed as we realized the degree to which we had been ignorant about the microscopic and the cosmic worlds that we found. Initially even these new huge and tiny worlds seemed to still obey some pretty firm rules – like Newton’s Laws of motion. But there were little observations that just seemed to resist the rules that we were so confident in. Ultimately, about a century ago two revolutionary and major new understandings in physics went a really long ways towards once again unifying all observed phenomenon under the umbrella of physics. These two new fields are collectively known as “Modern Physics”, since they involved concepts that transcended the Newtonian ideas. Individually, these new branches of physics are “Quantum Mechanics” – dealing with what rules apply in the world of the super-super small, and “Relativity’ – dealing with sizes and speeds and distances vastly greater than man had previously any comprehension of.

Regarding your “this defies logic” assertions, such statements are commonly voiced by students when they commence their studies in Modern Physics. When those who are not in physics are presented with such ideas, they often express what I view as incredulous skepticism, similar to what you said. And sadly, ala Stripe, some simply resort to blatant mockery.

In the years after Einstein had presented his Theory of Relativity to the world he was often invited to lecture at colleges. At one such lecture in his native Germany an Electrical Engineering professor was seen to storm out of the lecture hall early muttering that he refused to listen to such palpable nonsense. And in a similar vein, Werner Heisenberg, one of the crucial figures in developing Quantum Mechanics, said he would often take evening walks in the forests around Copenhagen, trying to convince himself that nature really worked the way the mathematics said it must.

So, “this defies logic” –yeah, I too have been there and said the same. I can guarantee that if you demand that nature is limited to rules that apply to dust particles and people and mountains and even planets, then you might equally well declare that what you see in your neighborhood is the same as you would see in every neighborhood on the planet. Physicists learn from nature, and do not dictate to nature how she must behave.

And, as I often say, the acid test is not whether our scientific ideas seem logical, but rather how Mother Nature responds when you try to put those ideas into practice. As Stripe is driving along snickering about how nonsensical Modern Physics must be, I wonder if he is paying attention to the GPS navigation system that is giving him directions – a system whose underlying mathematics depends on the correctness of Einstein’s Theory of Relativity.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And, as I often say, the acid test is not whether our scientific ideas seem logical, but rather how Mother Nature responds when you try to put those ideas into practice. As Stripe is driving along snickering about how nonsensical Modern Physics must be, I wonder if he is paying attention to the GPS navigation system that is giving him directions – a system whose underlying mathematics depends on the correctness of Einstein’s Theory of Relativity.

This is question begging. You assume the truth of your theory. Another math model might do better than relativity.

There are plenty of reasons to doubt Einstein and plenty of reasons to seek a better model. No. 1 among those being that seeking to falsify relativity is to practice science, while to declare it as fact is to embrace dogma.

6days

Redfern said:
...To exist “before” the Big Bang means there was time before the Big Bang.
So your argument is that absolutely nothing, created absolutely everything? Your belief is based on a false 'religion' ...based in illogical and pseudo-scientific concepts.
Redfern said:
... can you show us that you at least have a conceptual idea of why physicists say there was no time before the Big Bang?
Sure...SOME secular physicists propose 'no time' (and a variety of other explanations) because they start with the conclusion and invent explanations / rescue devices trying to make evidence that their beliefs. (Cold whoosh, a bounce inside a black hole, multiverse, eternal inflation, ETC)

A prominent secular cosmologist says "Either time did not exist before the beginning; somehow time sprang into existence. That’s a notion we have no grasp of and which may be a logical contradiction. The other possibility is that this event which initiated our universe was a violent event in a pre-existing universe" So there you go.... Even secularists suggest that there was an eternal cause.

Redfern said:
My beliefs are based on my best understanding, but as is true in all science
Science shows our DNA code what is the most sophisticated code in existence. And we know that all codes which transmit information have a code maker. So illogical, and a scientific conclusion is that there was a very intelligent code maker. On the other hand it would be illogical to think that a code which sends information, receives information and requires action can possibly self create.
Redfern said:
I am referring to the fact that the Big Bang involved conditions so foreign to what we see around us now that we have to go to the extreme edges of our science to try to understand it.
But, Redfern... IT IS NOT SCIENCE!!! You are talking about your beliefs from the past. A host of rescue device explanations have been made trying to make that belief system fit the evidence. (Faster than speed of light cosmic inflation... Trillions of times faster than the speed of light now, dark energy, white holes, dark matter, worm holes and more.
Redfern said:
Similarly with abiogenesis – if we assume life started here on earth...
Based on evidence...I assume that the theory of biogenesis is correct. Life only comes from life. Based on evidence and logic I assume the cause was an omnipotent omniscient life.
Redfern said:
Leading up to this you asserted that “if bad design is evidence against an intelligent Creator, then good design must be evidence for an intelligent creator.”
I think what I suggested is that if you are going to use the argument that bad design is evidence against the Creator, then you should also be willing to acknowledge that good design should be considered as evidence for a Creator...That is logical.
Redfern said:
In response I used the example of nature designing both good and bad wings to show how childishly nonsensical your claim was.
You ignored the reply to this. Part of the reply was that it is observational science to see that there is degradation of good design. It is not observational that nature can create good wing design.
Redfern said:
The more than a dozen co-authors of that paper concur in saying that the actual observed dispersion of “deleterious alleles” was mathematically consistent with the predictions of synergistic epistasis.
“Synergistic epistasis”....is also a term that you (and Sanford) have long denigrated as just a “rescue” device.
Pfffft and pfffft
First off... I googled 'Sanford' along with 'rescue device' and didn't come up with anything.
Secondly... Nobody has said that there are no scenarios when synergistic epistasis is impossible. It MAY have an effect in SOME situations, and is more possible in populations with high birth rates. But... To suggest synergistic epistasis prevents the human genome from continuous long term degeneration is nothing more than rescue device, trying to rationalize the evidence with beliefs. (The articles discussing this propose it as a solution to the observed problem)
Redfern said:
Ok, so if the “useless” vs “vestigial” argument is your focus now...
Nothing to do with 'vestigial'. Evolutionists argued a "useless" appendix was evidence for their common ancestry belief system. So, the logical argument that follows from that is a functional appendix is evidence against the common ancestry belief system.
However.... Logic is not in play since their argument is non falsifiable. They argue good design and bad design support their belief system. (vertebrate eye design as example). They argue that functionality and non functionality support their belief system. Evolutionism is a fog that covers any landscape.
Redfern said:
If there are fundamental errors in secular science, then wouldn’t it be more productive to demonstrate those failings rather than to form a little side clique that refuses to publish opposing technical papers?
Your statement is a bit naieve in that journals and magazines cater to a specific audience. They normally don't publish articles that is going to cost them a loss of subscribers. The secular journals also use circular reasoning when it comes to origins. " The scientific establishment’s stance is similar to that of a child who forms an exclusive club, one of the stipulations for membership being that all members must be “extremely smart.” The child then includes in the by-laws the statement that all smart people should think that he (the founding member) is always right. Thus, he concludes that those who do not think he is always right are not smart. Then, he proceeds to malign those not in the club based on the idea that they are not smart. And as proof that they are not smart, he states that it is obvious they are unintelligent because they are not members of his club. In reality, his motivation for castigating those outside his club is simply the fact that they disagree with him, which is the same motivation that propels the evolutionary establishment to reject all creation science articles." https://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=9&article=2508

redfern

You assume the truth of your theory.

Sometimes the word “truth” is used a bit too flippantly. We gain confidence in theories as they pass more and more stringent tests. But by hard experience, we have learned that declaring our ideas as “truth” is a perilous thing to do.

Another math model might do better than relativity.

Absolutely. For a long time we though Newton nailed it with his laws. But the planet Mercury in its orbit just wouldn’t cater to what Newton said, and there were problems between Newton and E&M. Relativity solved those problems. Some day we might find discrepancies between relativity and things we haven’t come across. But nothing has come along so far that has proven better than relativity.

There are plenty of reasons to doubt Einstein

News to me. Care to share a few?

… reasons to seek a better model … being that seeking to falsify relativity is to practice science

Yup, part of science is whomping on current theories to see if they stand up to new data. Whole lotta banging on relativity has been done. You know of any places it has failed?

while to declare it as fact is to embrace dogma.

Remember – not declare it as fact, but build confidence in it as it passes more and more tests.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sometimes the word “truth” is used a bit too flippantly.

By hard experience, we have learned that declaring our ideas as “truth” is a perilous thing to do.

Not declare it as fact, but build confidence in it as it passes more and more tests.

Then you shouldn't have said: "A system whose underlying mathematics depends on the correctness of Einstein’s Theory of Relativity" or: "Relativity solved those problems."

Those are assertions of the truth of your assumption, ie, that relativity is correct.

We gain confidence in theories as they pass more and more stringent tests.
Gaining confidence in an idea is rather irrelevant. It always needs to be falsifiable. The gaining confidence part should simply be motivation to find new ways to do away with it in part or in its entirety.

For a long time we though Newton nailed it with his laws. But the planet Mercury in its orbit just wouldn’t cater to what Newton said, and there were problems between Newton and E&M.
The solution to that was to address reference points, not assert the constancy of light speed.

Some day we might find discrepancies between relativity and things we haven’t come across. But nothing has come along so far that has proven better than relativity.
So certain, are you?

Not so much discrepancies, relativity is certainly a useful approximation so it's results can help, but a better model — hopefully one based on an idea that is reasonable from the perspective of logic — might certainly provide more accurate results.

Yup, part of science is whomping on current theories to see if they stand up to new data. Whole lotta banging on relativity has been done. You know of any places it has failed?
Start at the inception of relativity: Do you know how Einstein "proved" the constancy of light speed?

genuineoriginal

As Stripe is driving along snickering about how nonsensical Modern Physics must be, I wonder if he is paying attention to the GPS navigation system that is giving him directions – a system whose underlying mathematics depends on the correctness of Einstein’s Theory of Relativity.
Many people believe that time slows down as something approaches the speed of light.
This belief is based on a misunderstanding of Einstein's theory where it is assumed that the mathematical constant (c) is a physical constraint on speed because of how close the value is to the speed of light in a vacuum.
This misunderstanding created the fictional notion that time is a dimension and is mutable.

genuineoriginal

Time dilation is a Big Lie.

A big lie (German: große Lüge) is a propaganda technique. The expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, about the use of a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously".

redfern

… build confidence in it as it passes more and more tests.

… an idea … always needs to be falsifiable.

Isn’t that implicit in speaking of passing a test? If something does not pass the test, it [what?]

The solution to that (“problems between Newton and E&M”) was to address reference points, not assert the constancy of light speed.

Uhhh …. What reference points do you recommend we use?

There are plenty of reasons to doubt Einstein

Not so much discrepancies, relativity is certainly a useful approximation so its results can help, but a better model — hopefully one based on an idea that is reasonable from the perspective of logic — might certainly provide more accurate results.

I see. When asked to list some “reasons to doubt Einstein”, you only assert some vague possibility of a better theory coming along.

… nothing has come along so far that has proven better than relativity.

So certain, are you?

I don’t see you showing I am wrong on that assertion.

Start at the inception of relativity: Do you know how Einstein "proved" the constancy of light speed?

I am not aware that Einstein proved any such thing.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If something does not pass the test, it
is probably falsified.

What reference points do you recommend we use?
I don't know. The ones that are being talked about in whatever you're doing.

If you're driving a bus faster than c and a dog is running after it, then it is never going to catch up, but if the dog runs faster than c, it could.

I see. When asked to list some “reasons to doubt Einstein”, you only assert some vague possibility of a better theory coming along.
Yes, I like to be mysterious. :)

I am not aware that Einstein proved any such thing.
I agree. ;)

Have you read the paper that he wrote to establish relativity?

redfern

Please consider that time cannot be created for the following reason. Creation means going from non-existence to existence, which itself is a sequence, a before and after. And any before and after sequence requires time. Time therefore is a precondition of creating. Thus time itself cannot be created....

JR, in my previous response to this post from you, I deferred discussing the “conceptual basis” for “no time before the Big Bang”, because I wanted 6days to weigh in on the issue first. He has now done that. His reply, Stripe’s posts, and genuineoriginal’s posts show very little understanding of, and very little interest in gaining understanding about this Big Bang – time business. You at least composed a cogent response in which you told why it did not seem reasonable to you. We may be miles apart on theology, but I will gladly try to politely address your concerns about science.

The consistent theme I see in many of these posts, and which is common from new physics students is “not logical”, “not logical”, “not logical”. In fact it is logical (mostly – some things still have us befuddled), but – as I have said before, not if you limit yourself to the logic we have grown up with in the “medium-sized world” we live in.

Before going to the world of cosmology – relativity and the Big Bang, I want to first address the extreme other end – the quantum world. Decades ago I was reading in Volume III of Richard Feynman’s “Lectures on Physics”. I consider Feynman to be the premier American physicist of the last century. Wikipedia has a good article on the fascinating story behind Feynman writing his magnificus opus, so I won’t repeat the account here.

(side note - Feynman died in the late 1980’s, but Caltech endowed a chair under Feynman’s name in the Department of Physics. Last year the Nobel Prize in Physics was awarded to Kip Thorne, who had long occupied the Feynman chair at Caltech. Kip and I grew up very close to each other, and attended the same local schools, but he was just enough older that we didn’t pal around much together (my older brother and Kip still communicate back and forth). After high school Kip quickly disappeared into high academia, and was given a tenured full professorship at Caltech at the age of thirty. I would like to think some of his smarts rubbed off on me in our youth, but it just didn’t happen. Several decades ago I spoke with Kip briefly while he was visiting the university I was at, but I did not remind him of who I was, and he gave no indication he recognized me. I last saw him in 1985 when he came to my mother’s funeral.)

Anyway – back to Feynman’s Lectures. My hackles went up when I first read this in his book:

We have been talking about the probability that an electron will arrive in a given circumstance. We have implied that in our experimental arrangement (or even in the best possible one) it would be impossible to predict exactly what would happen. We can only predict the odds! This would mean, if it were true, that physics has given up on the problem of trying to predict exactly what will happen in a definite circumstance. Yes! physics has given up. We do not know how to predict what would happen in a given circumstance, and we believe now that it is impossible - that the only thing that can be predicted is the probability of different events. It must be recognized that this is a retrenchment in our earlier ideal of understanding nature. It may be a backward step, but no one has seen a way to avoid it... So at the present time we must limit ourselves to computing probabilities. We say "at the present time," but we suspect very strongly that it is something that will be with us forever - that it is impossible to beat that puzzle - that this is the way nature really is.

That is a pretty clear declaration of how much our innate sense of what is logical has to be revised to deal with nature at a quantum level. I fought it for a long time.

But look at it this way. We are pretty confident that ideas like Newton’s Laws are really dependable. Nothing we find in the quantum world should turn Newton’s laws into nonsense. And so imagine that we had all been born as some sort of intelligent beings that were the size of atoms. We would grow up in that super-small world learning the rules that apply there. Those rules don’t have to be, and aren’t identical to the ones that have served us so well in our current world. But our teeny brains would adopt those quantum rules for the same reason our brains are conditioned to the rules governing our classical world – because they work, and our survival depends on them.

But in our imaginary existence as quantum-sized beings, we might begin to speculate about how the quantum rules we innately used would look in a bigger world. In other words, we would take the rules for how atoms and other individual quantum-level things work, and apply those rules (using the appropriate math) to dozens of atoms, or even millions of atoms at once. What would a collection of a few million atoms do – the individual atoms might each be doing their own thing - but there will still be discernable rules that apply to the group as a whole. When we really get lots of atoms – trillions, then we are talking about specks of dust in our classical world. But specks of dust obey Newton’s Laws. It turns out, that in our imaginary quantum being world, we decide to give a name to the way we expect gazillions of connected atoms to act. We will call those “Nootun’s Laus”. And indeed, they are effectively the same as the laws from their homophonic counterpart.

In summary, the quantum laws are preferable in as much as they apply both to the quantum world, and can be extended to the classical world we really live in. The reverse is not true; there are aspects of the quantum world which are simply incompatible with classical physics. But from a practical viewpoint, Newton’s Laws are pretty much accessible to all of us, and do a fine job of dealing with our classical world. But if you need to be accurate to a dozen decimal places, ya better go the quantum route.

Nuff in this post, since I expect (and actually hope) some posters will simply “TL, DR” it.

Last edited: