Why do people like Trump?

SUTG

I'm asking this to try and find what the typical Trump supporter is like. They're presented in the media as being blue-collar, country music loving, NASCAR and WWE viewing, Bible thumpin' people without advanced college degrees who live in the "flyover" states. Of course I know there are probably both nuggets of truth as well as exaggerations and misrepresentations in that characterization of the typical Trump supporter.

I know there are some Trump supporters on here, but do many of you live in the heart of Trump country? if so, what are the demographics/ what percentage of the locals support Trump? How close or far are they to the characterizaion above? How passionate are the about Trump? Are they pushy or preachy with their views?

One of the reasons I am asking is because I myself am a Trump supporter, but I live in San Francisco, CA, of all places, and rarely visit ares where there are a lot of Trump supporters; most of my travel has been either international or long before Trump was elected. I definitely don't fit many of the characterizations above: I'm white collar, don't listen to much country music, don't watch NASCAr or WWE, am an atheist, have a Bachelor's degree, and live in San Francisco. I have a few friends out here who support Trump, but I don't think they're really "typical" either. Out here, it is probably 90% Trump dis-approvers, and they're passionate and preachy about it.

Anyways, thanks for any insight.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
People who like Trump like him because he upset the status quo. He trashed the establishments of both the Republican and Democratic Parties and won. They like him because he is a political outsider and a true "maverick."

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Republicans have typically been notorious when it comes to standing up to attacks from the national liberal media. Most of them have cowered in trembling fear before them while having the audacity to call themselves "leaders."

Trump does the opposite. He calls out the media and puts them in their place. It's my favorite thing about him.

Aimiel

When he says, "Drain the swamp," I get excited. There's stagnant, mossy, moldy and cob-web covered do-nothings in D.C.. They're money-grubbers, suckling at the teats of special interest groups who only care about pleasing their pet corporations. It's just what the founding fathers warned against and why our country is in the mess it's in. Because law favors big business, the mom-and-pop stores nearly disappeared and now they're on the chopping block once again while Fancy Nancy eats gourmet ice cream from a $24,000 Sub-Zero freezer. We're tired of the status quo. We have voted for him because he's a business leader, our country is morally and financially bankrupt and he's uniquely designed by God for God's Purposes at this late hour. We're going to see even more of his faith at work in the next four years and many so-called 'atheists' will be thankful for it.

When push comes to shove: there are no atheists in foxholes. God sent His Son to save the lost of this world and give us eternal life. He's trying to get as many as He can to come home for supper, before the real judgement begins on this lost and dying world. Trump is God's Trumpet. He's offensive to those who stand in opposition to God. He was designed that way. God is using him to turn people to Him. America needs to fall on her knees, seeking God. That's obvious. Seeing the haters in the media and his political opponents only makes Trump more determined and his followers more excited. Thank God for our great President, Donald Trump.

THIS STORY explains a lot, IMHO.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I live in a solidly red section of a solidly blue state, NY. Have multiple advanced college degrees and am smarter than the average bear. I've worked blue collar jobs and enjoyed them. I like country music, especially classic country. Not a fan of NASCAR or WWE. And I respect my bible too much to thump it. :)

I find that lately I have grown to like Trump more than ever, because more than ever, the insanity of the left reveals itself on a daily basis.

Gary K

Banned
Trump has done more to upset the apple cart of corruption that has flowed through DC than any president in my lifetime, and most likely since before the beginning of the 20th century. There's a reason both sides of the aisle don't like him and have cooperated to try to stop him. And that reason is their corruption. If what they have done is shown in the light of day many of them will go to jail. Some will be executed for treason. They deserve it for the things they've done.

I like that agenda. It's what needs to be done to clean up our nation. We have lived in the morass of deceit, dishonesty, and paid off politicians for far too long. Dishonesty breeds distrust, and there is very little trust in anything or anybody left in this nation. The way I see it Trump is our last and best hope to clean it up. But, he faces a cabal that has been in place for many decades and they do not want their perfidy known or have to give up their streams of wealth. If the swamp wins the government of the US will no longer tolerate liberty. We will be no different that the old Soviet Union, North Korea, China, Cuba, etc....

SUTG

I live in a solidly red section of a solidly blue state, NY. Have multiple advanced college degrees and am smarter than the average bear. I've worked blue collar jobs and enjoyed them. I like country music, especially classic country. Not a fan of NASCAR or WWE. And I respect my bible too much to thump it. :)

I find that lately I have grown to like Trump more than ever, because more than ever, the insanity of the left reveals itself on a daily basis.

This is the kind of response i was looking for (although I enjoyed the others as well). I'm guessing you're in upstate NY. What is the political climate like up there? I guess what I'm really wondering is how welcoming they would be to a polite, but contrary position. For example, if someone politely mentioned that they didn't care for a particular policy of the Trump administration so far. (I am aware that this is a highly unlikely scenario, but I think it is possible)

Here in SF, you're expected to wholly accept the ravings of anti-Trump hive mind at all times. Wrong-think is not tolerated. It's quite anti-intellectual actually. I was wondering if it was as bad in Trump country but only with the exact opposite set of positions or if it was less so. I do often do my part in saying the "wrong thing" when Trump comes up on conversation around here, and people's heads explode. Unsurprisingly, it turns out many of them have not taken the time to question, challenge, or examine the beliefs they hold so strongly.

SUTG

Republicans have typically been notorious when it comes to standing up to attacks from the national liberal media. Most of them have cowered in trembling fear before them while having the audacity to call themselves "leaders."

Trump does the opposite. He calls out the media and puts them in their place. It's my favorite thing about him.

This is a good point, and one of my favorite things about Trump. People often say that he's brash and rude, and I reply "well, yeah, that's because he has to be". Most of the media, Hollywood, and late night television bully most non-progressive politicians towards a state of compliance. But Trump will not be bullied.

ok doser

Beautiful day today, working outside, cued this up on the Android while I'm raking leaves - very much recommend

way 2 go

best trump briefing ever , calls out the media in front of the media

SUTG

Beautiful day today, working outside, cued this up on the Android while I'm raking leaves - very much recommend

Ah, I can't watch/listen now as I am on a conference call but I recognize VDH when I see him. Will have to listen later...

richardmiami21

Well, that's kinda obvious, he is conservative which many Americans like, charismatic and the business like custom essays writing feels better during his presidency

Last edited by a moderator:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

Gary K

Banned
This is a good point, and one of my favorite things about Trump. People often say that he's brash and rude, and I reply "well, yeah, that's because he has to be". Most of the media, Hollywood, and late night television bully most non-progressive politicians towards a state of compliance. But Trump will not be bullied.

You hit the nail on the head right there. What the media likes to point out as Trump's rudeness and as his "lashing out" is Trump hitting back as hard as he is hit on a daily basis. He doesn't just stand there and obediently take his whipping by the media like a good little boy, i.e. a victim. He hits back just as hard as they hit him with all the lies and they have never experienced anyone standing up to them before. They hate it.

ok doser

You hit the nail on the head right there. What the media likes to point out as Trump's rudeness and as his "lashing out" is Trump hitting back as hard as he is hit on a daily basis. He doesn't just stand there and obediently take his whipping by the media like a good little boy, i.e. a victim. He hits back just as hard as they hit him with all the lies and they have never experienced anyone standing up to them before. They hate it.

this has gotten a lot of attention on the leftist groups on FB that I troll - obnoxious reporter just keeps droning on and on talking over Trump while he's answering - at 0:14 he says, very calmly, "keep your voice down please"

and the left goes absolutely ballistic! :darwinsm:

it's being described as "Lashing out", "a DEMAND" (these retards love their allcaps) and my fave - "disrespectful to women and minorities" :darwinsm:

I used to think these were being played for political advantage, but realize now (and especially after I dove deep into the Nick Sandmann/Nathan Phillips fiasco last year) that these morons actually believe this stuff, heart and diseased soul - they are certifiably insane

ok doser

This is the kind of response i was looking for (although I enjoyed the others as well). I'm guessing you're in upstate NY.

way upstate, northern NY, four miles from the Canadian border. Closer to Ottawa than Albany. Closer to Montreal and Toronto than NYC.

What is the political climate like up there?

tbh, it only comes up at election time and people are pretty reserved
I guess what I'm really wondering is how welcoming they would be to a polite, but contrary position.

I was in some interesting conversations in the past about issues of immigration with people who held strong beliefs and weren't interested in being swayed

For example, if someone politely mentioned that they didn't care for a particular policy of the Trump administration so far. (I am aware that this is a highly unlikely scenario, but I think it is possible)

I was a daily visitor at a local library when the Kavanaugh hearings were ongoing - the librarian followed it rabidly and bought the MSM position - I'd love to get her reaction to the accusations currently facing Biden :chuckle:

I do often do my part in saying the "wrong thing" when Trump comes up on conversation around here, and people's heads explode.

I've done the same, when there's a particularly contentious issue in the public consciousness

ok doser

ffreeloader

this has gotten a lot of attention on the leftist groups on FB that I troll - obnoxious reporter just keeps droning on and on talking over Trump while he's answering - at 0:14 he says, very calmly, "keep your voice down please"

and the left goes absolutely ballistic! :darwinsm:

it's being described as "Lashing out", "a DEMAND" (these retards love their allcaps) and my fave - "disrespectful to women and minorities" :darwinsm:

I used to think these were being played for political advantage, but realize now (and especially after I dove deep into the Nick Sandmann/Nathan Phillips fiasco last year) that these morons actually believe this stuff, heart and diseased soul - they are certifiably insane

A similar thing here with eider: https://theologyonline.com/forum/pol...80#post2745580

Eider had a constructed (false) reality about the circumstances of the Ben Shapiro/ Andrew Neil interview that he still got wrong, even after the evidence was put right in front of him

the very definition of delusional

these are the people driving the discussion around climate change, immigration, etc - our emotional, delusional neighbors

Gary K

Banned
ffreeloader

A similar thing here with eider: https://theologyonline.com/forum/pol...80#post2745580

Eider had a constructed (false) reality about the circumstances of the Ben Shapiro/ Andrew Neil interview that he still got wrong, even after the evidence was put right in front of him

the very definition of delusional

these are the people driving the discussion around climate change, immigration, etc - our emotional, delusional neighbors

If you haven't seen the video I posted here look up G. Edward Griffin's interview with the ex-KGB officer Bezemenov(sp?). He said back in the 1980s when the interview took place that the political brainwashing done by the USSR and it's allies in the media and politics here would be so deep he could take them to the USSR and put the physical evidence right in front of them and they would refuse to believe it. We see the truth of what Bezemenov said was_happening/would_happen on a daily basis. It is now 2 generations since Bezemenov said what he said, and he said the KGB plan was only one generation then from being complete.

When a person understands that TV is deployed in every home, almost, and it is a very effective mind control tool, you begin to understand how this was accomplished.

quip

BANNED
Banned
I'm asking this to try and find what the typical Trump supporter is like. They're presented in the media as being blue-collar, country music loving, NASCAR and WWE viewing, Bible thumpin' people without advanced college degrees who live in the "flyover" states. Of course I know there are probably both nuggets of truth as well as exaggerations and misrepresentations in that characterization of the typical Trump supporter.

I know there are some Trump supporters on here, but do many of you live in the heart of Trump country? if so, what are the demographics/ what percentage of the locals support Trump? How close or far are they to the characterizaion above? How passionate are the about Trump? Are they pushy or preachy with their views?

I live in a rural red area of a primarily blue state. Your stereotype is spot-on...locally speaking.

Trump is a political and moral plague amidst a biological one; justly wrought by God upon the U.S. because of all those Christian's who voted the Godless scourge into the oval office.

Y'all need a good lashin'. :whip: