why do fast food places uses STYROFOAM cups?! unhealthy

republicanchick

I have heard from more than one source (one being a worker at a convenience store) that Styrofoam is BAD when you apply heat (coffee, etc)

But every fast food place I know uses it.

If you complain about it, some places will let you use your own cup or a non-styro one

The guy @ the convenience store who told me not to mix styro w/ hot (anything) said it is worse than people think.

hmmm..

++

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...The guy @ the convenience store who told me not to mix styro w/ hot (anything) said it is worse than people think.

hmmm..
Is he your regular doctor or just filling in? :plain:

One thing we can know is that it isn't biodegradable so the fewer of those things used the fewer go into a landfill.

In the southern US, we do our drinking from a Dixie Cup.
He's not just whistling. :nono:

Aussie Man

Seriously? Does no one see the irony in fast food and health? If you're eating fast food just be honest with yourself and expect it to be unhealthy.. There's no false advertising in "fast" food otherwise it would be called "healthy" food??

Levolor

Seriously? Does no one see the irony in fast food and health? If you're eating fast food just be honest with yourself and expect it to be unhealthy.. There's no false advertising in "fast" food otherwise it would be called "healthy" food??

My fast foods are fruits and veggies... maybe cooked leftovers.

But! That isn't what this thread is about. :)

btw, Welcome to TOL! May you be blessed and be a blessing too.

Aussie Man

Health is apolitical.

Thanks for the kind words before... I just think people need to be realistic... If we buy food on the run from profit motivated cost conscious fast food vendors it is unrealistic to expect them increase costs in consideration of our health. So I made a choice to avoid it completely and I feel amazing for it... Even fast veggies may be grown in questionable conditions so again, it's about being realistic..

Processed food and most fast food is absolute garbage, period.. Either enjoy it and be honest about it or eat actual food.

Just cut out all processed food and eat fresh if you're that concerned about health.. Sugar and bread and dairy all that garbage too. Just have espresso in a small paper cup..

If we want it bad enough we'll make the necessary choices.

Last edited:

MaxGrit

Is he your regular doctor or just filling in? [emoji14]lain:

One thing we can know is that it isn't biodegradable so the fewer of those things used the fewer go into a landfill.

He's not just whistling. :nono:
just dump it in the ocean to get the moonbats even more crazy