Why are there monuments of Confederate soldiers

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
gcd39eaqfzgz.jpg

The evil ideas are still there, and they're still being justified by modern racists, and alt-righters trying to pretend they're not racist.

in what way is the negro equal to the white man?

drbrumley

Communist Criminals Vandalize Christopher Columbus Monument in Batimore
Thomas DiLorenzo

The Christopher Columbus monument in Baltimore is 225 years old, and is the oldest monument to Columbus in America. *Young communist criminals videotaped themselves vandalizing the monument with a sledge hammer in protest of “the initial invasion of European capitalism” by Columbus.
Nancy Pelosi, the Italian-American daughter of a former mayor of Baltimore, should be asked what she thinks of this, seeing how she and her Demo-Bolshevik pals are behind the funding of all these violent, criminal Bolsheviks.
The Washington Monument in Baltimore is older than the one in D.C., and is sure to be on the commiecriminal hit list.

Danoh

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/08/why_are_there_monuments_of_confederate_soldiers.html

In the Civil War, America suffered a fall from grace. But grace was used to turn enmity into comity.

This is why the Civil War monuments existed, in part, perhaps in the largest part.* A shattered nation needed to come back together.* Secession was treason.* Treason was disgrace; worse, treason was committed to protect the evil of slavery.* Men died to stop it.* Men died to save it.* We know who won.* But with battlefields stained with blood, and the shops, streets and homes filled with maimed bodies, broken futures, and fractured souls, how do you mend two warring sides?*
The President saw the need to overcome the conceit that a person can own another in servitude; he had to destroy the idea that slavery was acceptable; and once doing that, remove the disgrace from the person.* Let them restore their dignity, sense of place, recognizing those parts of themselves that were honorable and good.* They were made to see that this thing about slavery they got horribly wrong.* He believed that to be at peace and to become neighbors again, to be one nation again, they must forgive; they must get past it; they must see each representative of the former enemy as a whole being, fully vested with all the rights and privileges of citizenship.* There are no spoils for the victors because there is no one vanquished.* We are brothers again.

The monuments are there basically to give back dignity to good people who went wrong. Evil ideas can become acceptable in a society and we have no place as a modern enlightened society to judge them according to our full moral understanding today.

Tell that to the descendents of those slaves - who for way, way long after that continued to undergo the horrendous dehumanization, raping, and murdering, way into, and past the 1960's - not only at the hands of such "good people" but as millions of such "good people" ignored and or rationalized it all.

That writer's perspective?

The same old, bigoted, narrow-minded lens that not only allowed the above widely spread double-standard and it's horrors, to begin with, but the very double-standard being witnessed by all the world, once more.

But Lincoln did note in his writings that the slaves were an inferior being.

For Lincoln's had been a confused mix of Darwin and Replacement Theology's myth of some sort of a God inspired Manifest White Destiny.

As widespread as that myth as a disease was (and has somewhat remained) it would stand to reason that "the good white folk" of that time would have had no problem having allowed the criminals behind all that, way back when, to walk away Scott-free because - well, the war was enough towards helping these otherwise good people to see their momentary evil for what it was...

Must mean that the hunt for the criminals behind Hitler's Nazi atrocity - until they were brought to justice...had been wrong.

It is one thing to love our country.

Totally another to so willingly turn a blind eye to the obvious once more.

When a President is not only once more endorsed by the David Dukes of all that as "speaking to" them, but as "speaking to the heart" of so many supposedly otherwise "good people" - all that shows is just how far such have NOT come at all.

That just shows the actual compass of such.

Regardless of what such obviously delude themselves into believing is their true compass.

1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

glassjester

does that mean they're equal?

well, no

not if you consider diabetes, hypertension, cancer death rates, etc: http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-h...es/why-7-deadly-diseases-strike-blacks-most#1

I don't think anyone's arguing that (except for skin color) every black person is physically identical to every white person. That's not what anyone means when they say people are equal.

Even white people aren't equal to other white people in that sense. No one is equal to anyone else in that sense.

ClimateSanity

Tell that to the descendents of those slaves - who for way, way long after that continued to undergo the horrendous dehumanization, raping, and murdering, way into, and past the 1960's - not only at the hands of such "good people" but as millions of such "good people" ignored and or rationalized it all.

That writer's perspective?

The same old, bigoted, narrow-minded lens that not only allowed the above widely spread double-standard and it's horrors, to begin with, but the very double-standard being witnessed by all the world, once more.

But Lincoln did note in his writings that the slaves were an inferior being.

For Lincoln's had been a confused mix of Darwin and Replacement Theology's myth of some sort of a God inspired Manifest White Destiny.

As widespread as that myth as a disease was (and has somewhat remained) it would stand to reason that "the good white folk" of that time would have had no problem having allowed the criminals behind all that, way back when, to walk away Scott-free because - well, the war was enough towards helping these otherwise good people to see their momentary evil for what it was...

Must mean that the hunt for the criminals behind Hitler's Nazi atrocity - until they were brought to justice...had been wrong.

It is one thing to love our country.

Totally another to so willingly turn a blind eye to the obvious once more.

When a President is not only once more endorsed by the David Dukes of all that as "speaking to" them, but as "speaking to the heart" of so many supposedly otherwise "good people" - all that shows is just how far such have NOT come at all.

That just shows the actual compass of such.

Regardless of what such obviously delude themselves into believing is their true compass.

1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.
Writers perspective is bigoted? How? As for telling the descendants what I just said, they would gladly accept it if they had been taught the truth in our education system.

Danoh

Writers perspective is bigoted? How? As for telling the descendants what I just said, they would gladly accept it if they had been taught the truth in our education system.

That would be "Educational" not "educating system.

Even that much is perhaps a bit telling - about your own "educating" :chuckle:

Then again, Trump went (Trump's mobbed up crooked, dirty money old man bought his son's way in) to Wharton (til Trump dropped out; he found it so taxing).

Look how far that got him - all the way to the hit fake reality tv show known the world over as The Trump Flubministration.

I take it you have yet to vet the man?

It's never to late, ya know.

ClimateSanity

I said education not educating. You can t defeat my argument so you pick on simple grammar errors. Yours is just as faulty? Did you fail to finish the fourth grade?

ClimateSanity

That would be "Educational" not "educating system.

Even that much is perhaps a bit telling - about your own "educating" :chuckle:

Then again, Trump went (Trump's mobbed up crooked, dirty money old man bought his son's way in) to Wharton (til Trump dropped out; he found it so taxing).

Look how far that got him - all the way to the hit fake reality tv show known the world over as The Trump Flubministration.

I take it you have yet to vet the man?

It's never to late, ya know.
So, you have no logical response? Just admit you are wrong. It's no shame.

Danoh

So, you have no logical response? Just admit you are wrong. It's no shame.

Perhaps you linger on a thread like most Trump lemmings tend to do.

Me; I might post a thing and either move on to some other forum on TOL, if not just move on to some other activity in my life.

Try that sometime.

ClimateSanity

Educational*- means something that educates, and it is an adjective
Education*- is a noun. When used with objects as a determiner it means related to or about education.

In your concrete example*education system*refers to the schools, universities, etc. - the system consisting of different bodies that provide education. Thougheducational system*can also be used to refer to the same entity, it is a more general phrase and any system that has an effect of making someone more educated can be considered educational, for example a piece of software that helps kids to learn something can be called*educational system....

You see you snotty little effete fellow? My usage was correct in the context used and yours was also allowable. Next time, don't let your pride overrule your thinking process.

ClimateSanity

Perhaps you linger on a thread like most Trump lemmings tend to do.

Me; I might post a thing and either move on to some other forum on TOL, if not just move on to some other activity in my life.

Try that sometime.
Just move on you little obsessive troll.

northwye

The Left as used on TOL is not clearly defined. The Left seems to be understood as being an idology which is not Marxist, but some other vague set of ideas. The Left has been called "liberalism." In fact Michael Savage wrote a book he called "Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder."

But the social scientists - a psychiatrist, a couple of historians, a sociologist, a psychologist or two - Herbert Hendin, Christopher Lasch, Daniel Yankelovitch and Michael W. Doyle - who studied the Counterculture of the Sixties and Seventies were aware that there was a Marxist influence upon that movement. Most of them were also aware that the Counterculture, especially in the sixties, came as much out of the Beat Poets, the Art Bohemians and the LSD drug movement as from the New Left, which was Marxist.

Keven MacDonald, a psychologist, has been more specific in his study of the influence of Marxism upon the Counterculture of the sixties and seventies. He has pointed out that the Counterculture grew out of the Frankfurt School's Transformational Marxism. The Political Corrcstness movement of the Marxist Left, which is so dominant in the politics of the Democratic Party and used over and over by the contemporary younger Leftists, comes out of Transformational Marxism and more specifically out of the Frankfurt School's interest in anti-semitism, and the causes of the authoritarian personality - Christianity and the family. Racism, sexism, homophobia, Islamic-phobia and etc. have been made into weapons of propaganda, and of attitude and belief change.. Identity Politics is another name for Political Correctness.

The contemporary Left is Marxist.

The Left people of 2016-2017 know nothing or very little of the Beat Poets and the Art Bohemians who were an influence on the Counterculture in the sixties.. Almost none of the present day Leftists who are under 40 would know who Lawrence Ferlinghetti is. He was born in 1919 and is still alive.

Our Mass Media had been so taken over by the Marxist Left that even wikipedia had an article on the Leftist bias of that Mass Media. The public approval rating of the Mass Media had dropped drastically in the last few years.

See: http://www.gallup.com/poll/195542/am...s-new-low.aspx

"September 14, 2016.
Americans' Trust in Mass Media Sinks to New Low..... Americans' trust and confidence in the mass media "to report the news fully, accurately and fairly" has dropped to i

The possible alliance between the Islamic jihadists and the present day Marxist Left is politically incorrect to mention and even more politically incorrect is talking about a possible connection between high level Democratic operatives and Pedophilia. Any talk of Pedophilia and the Marxist Left is "Made Up" and "Fake News."

Marxism is fundamentally anti-Christian. Marx turned Hegel, who was not anti-Christian, "on his head" and made Marxism very anti-Christian. Marxism is a form of the spirit of anti-Christ of I John 4: 3.

"Once the earthly family is discovered to be the secret of the
heavenly family, the former must be destroyed (annihilated), in theory
and in practice." Karl Marx, Feuerbach Thesis #4

"In the eyes of the dialectical philosophy, nothing is established for
all time, nothing is absolute or sacred." (Karl Marx)