ECT Why are Christians afraid of Judgment Day?

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
I have come across Christians who say there is no day of judgment and reject the plain truth of scripture and worse, those who claim that the Commandants were done away with, and that even if not, Grace covers them anyway. But the Bible teaches that truth in the whole of Gods Word matters, and the Law is part of Gods character, and Grace is not a wholesale license to sin. But people just want to hear the easy path without even thinking about it, but there are consequences to that as Jesus made clear..

Matthew 10:14-15
14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. 15 Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

Matthew 13:41
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

God cares about everything His children do, and it matters...

Matthew 12:36
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

God knows that Satan will come to temp them and He will protect them who are truly His children, but those who love sin will have to face Gods Judgment Day at the end...

2 Peter 2:9
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

But the Judgment Day also applies to those who accept Christ and follow him...

1 John 4:17
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Revelation 3:5
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

So many who think Grace allows them to sin all they want, or the Commandments mean nothing, or pick only the parts of the Bible they want and reject the other, or pick up false ideas of Universalism or in "Once Saved, Always Saved", may be surprised at Judgment Day that their name is not in the Book of Life.

Revelation 20:15
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Now if Christians are willfully ignoring or rejecting what God gives us in scripture and continue in sin and iniquity what will happen on Judgment Day?.

Right Divider

Body part
I have come across Christians who say there is no day of judgment and reject the plain truth of scripture and worse, those who claim that the Commandants were done away with, and that even if not, Grace covers them anyway. But the Bible teaches that truth in the whole of Gods Word matters, and the Law is part of Gods character, and Grace is not a wholesale license to sin. But people just want to hear the easy path without even thinking about it, but there are consequences to that as Jesus made clear..
Who says that "grace is a wholesale license to sin"?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. 15 Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

God knows that Satan will come to temp them and He will protect them who are truly His children, but those who love sin will have to face Gods Judgment Day at the end...

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

So many who think Grace allows them to sin all they want, or the Commandments mean nothing, or pick only the parts of the Bible they want and reject the other, or pick up false ideas of Universalism or in "Once Saved, Always Saved", may be surprised at Judgment Day that their name is not in the Book of Life.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Now if Christians are willfully ignoring or rejecting what God gives us in scripture and continue in sin and iniquity what will happen on Judgment Day?.

You must never have read what Paul said in direct response to such an accusation, and it's telling that you didn't quote anything that he says in your post.

Here's what Paul said:

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection,knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.For he who has died has been freed from sin.Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death.But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 6:1-23 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans6:1-23&version=NKJV

Go read Romans, because you seem to have forgotten what it says.

Bradley D

There are many surface Christians who want things of human nature and heaven.

There is a Gospel Song "Everyone wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die."

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
You must never have read what Paul said in direct response to such an accusation, and it's telling that you didn't quote anything that he says in your post.

Here's what Paul said:

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection,knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.For he who has died has been freed from sin.Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death.But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 6:1-23 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans6:1-23&version=NKJV

Go read Romans, because you seem to have forgotten what it says.

But many are being basically taught some form of universalism, that you go to purgatory or some form of penance and then you are fine, or that human beings are immortal and go straight to heaven and skip the Second Coming with no judgment which is not what scripture shows.

Aimiel

Most Christians know very little, if anything, about judgment. They don't realize that God's Judgement, like everything else that He does: is a VERY good thing. He is capable of judging us now, if we only seek Him for it and will guide us to be righteous in all our ways. He instructs us to be perfect, as He is perfect. He wants us to make use of His Grace, while it's available. One day: man will exhaust His patience with sin and on that day: look out, because Jesus said there would be trouble like this world has never known. Men will attempt suicide and live. They will be so afraid of His Judgements that they will try to kill themselves to avoid it and they will not be able to escape. Choose whom you will serve: God or Satan. Life or death. God's Judgement is needed and it is how God wants us to be guided on this very straight and very narrow Path of Life. Too many choose the wide highway to hell.

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
Who says that "grace is a wholesale license to sin"?

Who are these "many"? Name some... quite just making vague accusations.

Need to look around a bit... here is a sample..."God’s grace wipes out everything else on the landscape. It is not puny but plentiful. Not teeny but torrential. Not mini but majestic. It meets us right now, at our point of need, and equips us with courage, wisdom, and strength. It surprises us in our worst moment with overflowing buckets of faith. His grace is not a gentle shower washing away the problem. It is a raging, roaring river whose current knocks you off your feet and carries you into the presence of God. "

Check the sermons being taught on grace...

"But this past week I was talking to someone about grace, and they objected with the grace litmus test, and I don’t know what happened, but I sighed out of exasperation and decided to give a different answer than the one I had always given before.

The man said to me, “So are you saying I can just go sin all I want?”

And I smiled and said, “Yep. If that’s what you want to do, go right ahead.”

I got the “Deer in the headlights” look back from him. I think he had heard rumors that my type of theology existed, but he had never met anyone who was so willing to give him a license to sin as I had just done.

So yes, in a way, grace is a license to sin" https://redeeminggod.com/grace-is-fr...-all-you-want/

Right Divider

Body part
Need to look around a bit... here is a sample..."God’s grace wipes out everything else on the landscape. It is not puny but plentiful. Not teeny but torrential. Not mini but majestic. It meets us right now, at our point of need, and equips us with courage, wisdom, and strength. It surprises us in our worst moment with overflowing buckets of faith. His grace is not a gentle shower washing away the problem. It is a raging, roaring river whose current knocks you off your feet and carries you into the presence of God. "
And what, specifically, is wrong there? [In that unattributed "quote"]

Where is the "license to sin" in there?

Check the sermons being taught on grace...

"But this past week I was talking to someone about grace, and they objected with the grace litmus test, and I don’t know what happened, but I sighed out of exasperation and decided to give a different answer than the one I had always given before.

The man said to me, “So are you saying I can just go sin all I want?”

And I smiled and said, “Yep. If that’s what you want to do, go right ahead.”

I got the “Deer in the headlights” look back from him. I think he had heard rumors that my type of theology existed, but he had never met anyone who was so willing to give him a license to sin as I had just done.

So yes, in a way, grace is a license to sin" https://redeeminggod.com/grace-is-fr...-all-you-want/
You might want to check your link: Not found, error 404

This person seems like a confused crank. Do you think that he is representative of those that are saved by grace through faith and preach the same?

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
And what, specifically, is wrong there? [In that unattributed "quote"]

Where is the "license to sin" in there?

You might want to check your link: Not found, error 404

This person seems like a confused crank. Do you think that he is representative of those that are saved by grace through faith and preach the same?

Just use google...there are many similar sermons allowing for sin and you even have people bringing it up why some of these things are being taught.."Recently someone asked why his church teaches that "the law is done away, was a burden for the people to keep and was nailed to the cross," while we in the Living Church of God teach obedience to all ten of the commandments...."https://www.tomorrowsworld.org/commentary/but-i-was-told-the-law-was-done-away

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
Most Christians know very little, if anything, about judgment. They don't realize that God's Judgement, like everything else that He does: is a VERY good thing. He is capable of judging us now, if we only seek Him for it and will guide us to be righteous in all our ways. He instructs us to be perfect, as He is perfect. He wants us to make use of His Grace, while it's available. One day: man will exhaust His patience with sin and on that day: look out, because Jesus said there would be trouble like this world has never known. Men will attempt suicide and live. They will be so afraid of His Judgements that they will try to kill themselves to avoid it and they will not be able to escape. Choose whom you will serve: God or Satan. Life or death. God's Judgement is needed and it is how God wants us to be guided on this very straight and very narrow Path of Life. Too many choose the wide highway to hell.

His judgment is true, and for people to think they will avoid it, is self deception...

Right Divider

Body part
Just use google...there are many similar sermons allowing for sin and you even have people bringing it up why some of these things are being taught.."Recently someone asked why his church teaches that "the law is done away, was a burden for the people to keep and was nailed to the cross," while we in the Living Church of God teach obedience to all ten of the commandments...."https://www.tomorrowsworld.org/commentary/but-i-was-told-the-law-was-done-away
So you think that you're an Israelite?

Aimiel

His judgment is true, and for people to think they will avoid it, is self deception...
Amen. ONLY His Judgment is Truth. Any other judgment is biased, subjective and ill-informed. He looks upon the thoughts and intents of the heart. He is Holy. We ought to seek His Holiness. :thumb:

:aimiel:

Jerry Shugart

Recently someone asked why his church teaches that "the law is done away, was a burden for the people to keep and was nailed to the cross," while we in the Living Church of God teach obedience to all ten of the commandments...."

Liberty and freedom from what?:

" For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another" (Gal.5:13).​

"As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God" (1 Pet.2:16).​

Peter referred to the law as a "yoke"?:

"Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?" (Acts 15:10).​

Paul also referred to the Law as a "yoke of bondage":

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage" (Gal.5:1).​

Paul contrasted the "yoke of bondage" with the "liberty" which belongs to all who have been set free from the law.

DAN P

HI and what JUDGMENT DAY are you pointing too ?

Are you talking about 2 Cor 5:10 ?

Or are talking about Matt 25:32-34 ??

Or are you pointing to 1 Cor 3:10-15 ?

dan p

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
Amen. ONLY His Judgment is Truth. Any other judgment is biased, subjective and ill-informed. He looks upon the thoughts and intents of the heart. He is Holy. We ought to seek His Holiness. :thumb:

:aimiel:

And it begins with His chosen, those at the house of God, or believers, so there is a Judgment Day for Christians.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Even though many think they wont have to face it, there are many text where the Bible speaks about a Judgment Day......

Revelation 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Here we see that the Gospel message contains, the Judgment ?
So the question now is.....how do you prepare yourself for God's Judgment Day, or more importantly, to be able to pass God's 'Investigative Judgment' ?
Now Christians have to note, that in the Judgment process, a person's name can be taken out of the Book of Life......

The Bible makes clear that a person's name can be taken out of the Book of Life.
Revelation 22:19
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

That fact alone, destroys the idea of "Once Saved, Always Saved"

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
Liberty and freedom from what?:

" For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another" (Gal.5:13).​
"As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God" (1 Pet.2:16).​

Peter referred to the law as a "yoke"?:

"Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?" (Acts 15:10).​

Paul also referred to the Law as a "yoke of bondage":

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage" (Gal.5:1).​

Paul contrasted the "yoke of bondage" with the "liberty" which belongs to all who have been set free from the law.
But not to go into sin and the realm of Satan, as Christ clearly said 'Go and Sin No More'...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
And it begins with His chosen, those at the house of God, or believers, so there is a Judgment Day for Christians.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Even though many think they wont have to face it, there are many text where the Bible speaks about a Judgment Day......

Revelation 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Here we see that the Gospel message contains, the Judgment ?
So the question now is.....how do you prepare yourself for God's Judgment Day, or more importantly, to be able to pass God's 'Investigative Judgment' ?
Now Christians have to note, that in the Judgment process, a person's name can be taken out of the Book of Life......

The Bible makes clear that a person's name can be taken out of the Book of Life.
Revelation 22:19
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

That fact alone, destroys the idea of "Once Saved, Always Saved"

This is what happens when you mix two different gospels meant for two different groups of people.