Who won round 7 of BRX?

Who won round 7 of BRX?

• Sam Lamerson

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Bob Enyart

Votes: 21 67.7%

• Total voters

RightIdea

Just based solely on Bob's stunning conviction of Lamerson's hypocrisy in the issue of extra-biblical sources, this has to go to Bob, no matter what side you're on and no matter which side is right. To say otherwise is to be guilty of pure bias, ignoring the plain truth.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
What RightIdea said... :up:

Bob has shown that in the OV we can actually believe our Bible. How convenient is that? You mean I don't have to have alphabet soup at the end of my name to read the Bible? Wow! The Bible agrees with the OV. You have to go to seminary, or at least believe what some guy tells you above the Bible, to get confused enough to come to the settled/Calvinist opinion.

Rom 10:9-10
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
NKJV

Now what? Is this just another riddle we need to learn Greek origami to decipher? The world has no hope, if these "wise" men are right.

This round goes to Bob.

RightIdea

I will say, tho, that Bob is rapidly running out of room to put forth a positive case for the Open View! He's used at least 2/3rds of the debate so far to refute Sam, and he hasnt' really made a postive case! He must do this, asap! 3 rounds remaining, and the last round is usually a recap/conclusion round, so I hope Bob hits the positive case hard and as thoroughly as possible in the next 2 rounds!

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
COME ON SAM throw a mean hook!!! Or an Uppercut!!!

COME ON SAM throw a mean hook!!! Or an Uppercut!!!

Sam - you are a nice guy and a Christian.:jessilu:

Face it like a man that your position :hammer: is full of contradictions and pagan, Greek Philosophy. I think you need to repent for the sin of hypocrisy in the debate and blatant mis-representation of our Lord's character.
Next Sam, You need to answer Enyart's questions clearly and directly. Stop Running away. :dog: PLEASE, even if the answer is painful, lay it out there so we can see if your position has any consistancy, value or hope left at all! If there is any way left that you or your supporters can conceive of to defend the settled view - bring it forth now with strength and fortitude! Get up off the mat and keep fighting Sam!!!! I know you've been saving up on the word count so you can really go for the knock out punch here at the end - Just DO IT! Give Bob Enyart a BODY SLAM! :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :thumb:

SAM IS THE MAN!

amosman

Sam, you're doing great .
I'm trying to catch up on my reading of this exchange, but so far I'm leaning toward your position.

RightIdea

What on earth is he doing great? He gave a blatantly incorrect answer for the definition of Free Will (he described freedom of action, not will), he specifically asked to talk about Greek pagan influence and when Bob did, Sam just blew it off in a mere couple of sentences, and he still hasnt' answered most of Bob's questsions, and a bunch of Bob's questions Sam has literally just ignored as if they don't exist! And then Sam accuses Bob of doing that, instead! Hypocrite! And on top of everything else, Sam repeatedly appeals to non-biblical authority, before turning around and falsely accusing Bob of doing that, claiming he himself only stands on scripture. Double hypocrite! He is caught with his pants down, and Bob's about to sprint to the finish line.

What on earth has Sam being doing great??? The laymen Calvinists in their own participation of threads here at ToL are doing a vastly better job of debating than Sam is! 2 Sam 24, that's a hard hitting passage! The question of how we discern a false prophet, another great issue! These laymen are doing 10 times as great as Sam is. We would have had a better debate if one of them had debated Bob instead.

What on earth is Sam doing great???

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
BEA-SLQ20: Everything that He wanted to be wrong about, including that the Jewish leaders would likely persecute His followers, and that many will be deceived by “false christs” who will “deceive, if possible, even the elect.” As with the purpose of all prophetic warning, Jesus prophesied this in hopes of preventing it! The Lord indicates this by continuing, “See, I have told you beforehand. Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look…,’ do not believe it.” That is: I am telling you this “beforehand,” not to prove that I foreknew or predestined it, but hoping that it will not happen!

Money.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
This "battle" is like watching Andre the Giant beat up Mini-Me. Somebody please give Sam some different ideas?

Peter and Judas? Peter and Judas? Peter and Judas? Peter and Judas?

OK, this is played out. Next!!!

RightIdea

Freak said:
Sam Lamerson, by far.
Based on WHAT?

What has Lamerson done right? What has Bob done wrong? Point something out.

Lamerson is a broken record stuck on a sour note and it's getting really old! Bob has responded to his arguments in the 10s of thousands of words! It goes without saying that Sam will disagree with Bob's response, duh, but to say Bob hasn't responded is utterly preposterous. And Sam spent rounds and rounds of flat out ignoring the existence of half of Bob's questions, pretending they weren't even there. He demanded Bob present his case for Greek pagan influence, and when Bob did, Sam said it was irrelevant -- hypocrite! Sam gave a ludicrous definition of free will, and a ludicrous "hermeneutical" principle. We should try to discern the intent of the author? No kidding, Sherlock.

What has Sam done right? What, exactly?

SOTK

I think Sam won the round and continues to win the debate, however, I agree with Sam that this really isn't too much of a debate. Both contestants seem to talk past each other although I think Bob has done the majority of this.

As I've stated earlier, I think Bob is an intelligent and passionate man of God, however, he writes too much and the majority of his points get lost. Sam, on the other hand, in my opinion, spends more time in Scripture and uses Scripture to conclusively show the Truth.

Keep up the good work, Sam! :up:

In Christ,

SOTK

novice

Who is the stooge now?
SOTK said:
Sam, on the other hand, in my opinion, spends more time in Scripture and uses Scripture to conclusively show the Truth.
With all due respect what debate are you reading?

Clearly it isn't the one happening here on TOL.

Freak

RightIdea said:
What has Lamerson done right? What has Bob done wrong? Point something out.
The Scripture has already spoken in favor of his position. Sam's points are rooted in Scriptural truth. Bob has gone wrong in several areas. His belief that God the Son gave up any of His divine attributes is bizarre. That's one example, for starters.