Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Bob Enyart

Votes: 30 76.9%

• Total voters

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I saw round 3 as the first round with a decisive winner. Bob!

theo_victis

I love this debate. It is getting good. I know Sam is going to lay out some more ammo for Bob to chew on. I cant really tell who is going to win this one because i dont think the opening rounds are going to head and tails seperate the winner from loser. Its going to be a narrow battle! This is good.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Bob Enyart said:
Sam, resistance is futile. “Righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne” (Psalm 97:2). You have devoted great space to distractions and to claims that I did not give you anything specific to rebut. But the reason you have refused so far to address my answers, is that the Openness move to the greater and lesser divine attributes is debilitating to the Settled View. There is nothing you can say.

Checkmate.

Quite right! I believe it truly is checkmate. Dr. Lamerson is going to really have to pull a huge rabbit out of his hat so recover at this point.
Bob not only won this round, he's all but won the debate.

Resting in Him,
:Clete:

RightIdea

Well, Bob's declaration of victory at first glance was a bold and slightly egotistical declaration but likely accurate. However, I think Sam kind of pulled the rug out from under that by denying the Kenotic view (which I have difficulty even comprehending how anyone can do that), and so that complicates matters.

I definitely think Bob won this round! However, it'll take more work than perhaps previously anticpated to prove he won the debate. (And by "won the debate" I mean executing the decisive victory in this particular battle. The Battle of Midway won the war against Japan only 6 months after Pearl Harbor -- we lost every major battle before that, and won every major battle after. In hindsight, we can see it did effectively win the war. However, we still had to fight on and convince the Japanese of that. LOL