ECT WHO PICKED YOUR APOSTLE ??

turbosixx

Hi and I just now found what you were asking about 1 Cor 1:17 and Not 1 Cor 11:1 , is that right !!

dan p

Sorry if I'm not making myself clear, let me try again from the top.

Your title suggests Christ is divided and you have chosen to follow one particular man, “Who picked YOUR apostle”. In 1 Cor. 1 Paul addressed that very issue and said there should be no division. 10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
He then explains the nature of the division. 12 Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.”
To show them how ridiculous it is he asks 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

I was hoping you could show me, in your understanding, using the context of 1 Cor. 1 where Paul says there should be no division how there is division.

Last edited:

DAN P

Sorry if I'm not making myself clear, let me try again from the top.

Your title suggests Christ is divided and you have chosen to follow one particular man, “Who picked YOUR apostle”. In 1 Cor. 1 Paul addressed that very issue and said there should be no division. 10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
He then explains the nature of the division. 12 Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.”
To show them how ridiculous it is he asks 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

To support the fact that Paul is not the only apostle we are to follow, I then used Eph. 2 where Paul tells us that God’s household was built on the apostles, plural, not apostle singular as in Paul only. 19….and members of the household of God, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone

I was hoping you could show me, in your understanding, using the context of 1 Cor. 1 where Paul says there should be no division how there is division.

Hi and I have already shown you when Paul was called to be an Apostle , and do not believe Gal 1:15 !!

He was separated FROM his mother's WOMB and having CALLED Paul by His Grace , how clear is that !!

So then Paul was the FIRST / PROTO saved by Grace !! Gal 1:15 and 1 Tim 1:15 and 16

Firist ONE in the Body of Christ !! 1 Cor 12:13 !!

Paul was the first INDWELT by the Holy Spirit , 1 Cor 12:3 !!

And the ONLY ONE called to to Preach the MYSTERY , Rom 16:25 !!

And we are all EXPECTED to preach to all the Dispensation of the MYSTERY as written in Eph 3:9 which you never do , DO YOU ??

DAN P

turbosixx

Hi and I have already shown you when Paul was called to be an Apostle , and do not believe Gal 1:15 !!

He was separated FROM his mother's WOMB and having CALLED Paul by His Grace , how clear is that !!

So then Paul was the FIRST / PROTO saved by Grace !! Gal 1:15 and 1 Tim 1:15 and 16

And we are all EXPECTED to preach to all the Dispensation of the MYSTERY as written in Eph 3:9 which you never do , DO YOU ??

DAN P

So that voids Paul saying there should be no divisions?

meshak

BANNED
Banned

DAN P

Here is what Jesus said to His appostles:

"Go therefore make disciples of all nations... teachings them to obey everything I have commanded you".

Danoh

In 1 Cor. 1, Paul addressing the issue of their having allowed divisivness over distinctions.

He is not asserting there are no distinctions.

Note, for example, how that years later, in Romans 15, he refers to the need not only for the observing of distinctions, but also for the absence of divisiveness when faced faced with distinctions...

This is a principle or rule he often notes througout Romans thru Philemon.

But anyway, here he notes both

Romans 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 15:2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. 15:3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.

15:5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15:7 Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

15:14 And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another. 15:15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,

15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost. 15:17 I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God.

15:18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

15:20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation: 15:21 But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.

Be of the same mind as to your getting along with one another where you differ...

Also, I am your Apostle...

He asserts the need for both.

But, this is often lost sight of by far too many on far too many sides of the now far too many sided fence

Danoh

And this was given before Paul joined them.

And while it might be commendable that you take that as it reads, it is not commendable at all that you continue to fail to consider its actaul scope and context.

One might as well say it is okay to drink a bottle of poison when thirsty because it is a liquid and so is water.

That is your logic. A logic you continue to fail to see.

Its time to grow up. The right shoe goes on the right foot, and the left on the left.

Its time to leave behind the "one size should fit both" that is the mind of a child.

You really ought to consider that much.

DAN P

In 1 Cor. 1, Paul addressing the issue of their having allowed divisivness over distinctions.

He is not asserting there are no distinctions.

Note, for example, how that years later, in Romans 15, he refers to the need not only for the observing of distinctions, but also for the absence of divisiveness when faced faced with distinctions...

This is a principle or rule he often notes througout Romans thru Philemon.

But anyway, here he notes both

Romans 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 15:2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. 15:3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.

15:5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15:7 Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

15:14 And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another. 15:15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,

15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost. 15:17 I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God.

15:18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

15:20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation: 15:21 But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.

Be of the same mind as to your getting along with one another where you differ...

Also, I am your Apostle...

He asserts the need for both.

But, this is often lost sight of by far too many on far too many sides of the now far too many sided fence

Hi . and Paul brought many divisions !!

Saved by Grace Acts 9:6

A new man in Eph 2:15

Anew Body of Christ , 1 Cor 12:13

A new SUPPER in 1 Cor 11:25

A new place of recidence Eph 1

A A new Baptism Eph 4:5

Just to mention a FEW !

This is a BIG DIVISION from Pentecosalism and Covenant Theology and RCC !!!

DAN P

meshak

BANNED
Banned
And while it might be commendable that you take that as it reads, it is not commendable at all that you continue to fail to consider its actaul scope and context.

One might as well say it is okay to drink a bottle of poison when thirsty because it is a liquid and so is water.

That is your logic. A logic you continue to fail to see.

Its time to grow up. The right shoe goes on the right foot, and the left on the left.

Its time to leave behind the "one size should fit both" that is the mind of a child.

You really ought to consider that much.

You exalt Paul over Jesus' word.

You make simple gospel complicated. It is greave sin to do that. Jesus' word is not just for "scholars" to understand.

Take heed of Jesus' simple instructions, friend.

Danoh

Hi . and Paul brought many divisions !!

Saved by Grace Acts 9:6

A new man in Eph 2:15

Anew Body of Christ , 1 Cor 12:13

A new SUPPER in 1 Cor 11:25

A new place of recidence Eph 1

A A new Baptism Eph 4:5

Just to mention a FEW !

This is a BIG DIVISION from Pentecosalism and Covenant Theology and RCC !!!

DAN P

For give me for the tone in which what you are about to read from me to you here may come off.

Your above reply is just your need to justify your being unwilling to allow those you differ in understanding with to be where they are in their particular learning curve, until they learn otherwise.

You are exactly the same way towards those you differ in understanding with within Mid-Acts.

That is just a quirk in your particular personality that you then allow yourself to rationalize (your misperceived right to insist your view on others) via one passage or another.

All that Greek and you can't see that divisivness over differences in understanding is the very issue Paul is addressing - at the same time that he just as heavily emphasizes important distinctions between things?

Again, my apology for my strong words, not against you, but against your practice as to this.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus gave perfect example how to follow Him.

He also said not to let anyone call you a teacher because He is the Teacher.

Why are you guys arguing over who is to follow?

Jesus is the One His servants ought to be following.

Danoh

Jesus gave perfect example how to follow Him.

He also said not to let anyone call you a teacher because He is the Teacher.

Why are you guys arguing over who is to follow?

Jesus is the One His servants ought to be following.

Are you yourself not being a teacher by that?

DAN P

For give me for the tone in which what you are about to read from me to you here may come off.

Your above reply is just your need to justify your being unwilling to allow those you differ in understanding with to be where they are in their particular learning curve, until they learn otherwise.

You are exactly the same way towards those you differ in understanding with within Mid-Acts.

That is just a quirk in your particular personality that you then allow yourself to rationalize (your misperceived right to insist your view on others) via one passage or another.

All that Greek and you can't see that divisivness over differences in understanding is the very issue Paul is addressing - at the same time that he just as heavily emphasizes important distinctions between things?

Again, my apology for my strong words, not against you, but against your practice as to this.

Hi and I am honest and HUMBLE as John W ,!!

Do you remeber what Jesus said , that what He is bringing is DIVISION !!

Explain that to me !!

Everyone is right and only the WORD can convict all !!

Show me a verse that proves the so-called Mid-Acts position , IF you can ??

I am am worried as to our differing , so prove anything I have said to be wrong !!

I have FUN every day , what about you ??

dan p

turbosixx

DAN P

So was Paul not speaking the truth that there should be no divisions?

Danoh

Lol - never mind, DP, continue where you are. Fairness in learning curve theory demands I leave one where they believe they still need to be until they themselves come to a point where they no longer see its need, if not its lack in wisdom.

Mine was to point it out; not to now turn having done so into one more means of biting and devouring one another.

Animosity is a useless use of one's spiritual energy; I'll not be a part of how you'd rob us both of that.

Danoh

Nope, I am only spreading what Jesus says.

Jesus teaches, not me.

Where did you get that?

Where does a teacher get what they teach another? From a book.

You quoted a Book - THE Book.

Is your sense of common sense really that low on the learning curve that you can not see that you are teaching, or attempting to?

Out of a Book, just as a teacher teaches out of a book.

Do you not realize the low level of attempting to communicate anything to you demands one have to go down to?

Your sense of common sense is like that of a child - who, wanting two dimes and a nickle, is yet unable to distinguish that the quarter it has received instead is the same amount.

If so, you have no business "teaching" anything - it appears you don't even know what quoting a book is in the above - it is "teaching" or attempting to.

Are you really that dense? You don't have to be...

The best to you in this continually demonstrated obviously low mental capacity of yours...I wouldn't wish it on you; I know that much.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Where did you get that?

from NT.

I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior.

Lordship belong to Jesus, meaning He is the Master and I will strive to take heed of what He says and observe what He teaches and commands.

It is that simple, friend.