ECT Who is the Predestined?

Danoh

When we look at the following passage we can see that the "called" are believers (them that love God) and it is those who are already believe who are predestined:

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren" (Ro.8:28-29).​

The key to the teaching of this passage depends on an understanding of the meaning of the Greek word translated "for" found at the beginning of verse twenty-nine. The word is a conjuction which ties the two verses together, and the word means "the reason why anything is said to be or be done..it is added to a speaker's words to show what ground he gives for his opinion" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

Here is another translation which makes the meaning even more clear:

"And we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose, because those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters"
(Ro.8:28-29).​

At Romans 8:29 Paul tells us why he says that "all things work together for good" for the saved, those he describes as the called: "because those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son."

The reason why "all things work together for good" in regard to the saved is because the saved are predestined to be conformed to the image of the Son. That will happen when the Lord descends from heaven and the saved will put on bodies just like his glorious body:

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body"
(Phil.3:20-21).

When the word "predestination" is used in regard to the destiny of man the meaning is that those who are already saved will, in the future, put on a body just like the Lord Jesus' body.

The word does not mean that some people are predestined to be saved and others are not.

Yeah, somewhat.

But the "all things work together for good" is elaborated on there as referring to how that all things end up working together to conform the Believer to the image of Christ.

But only as said Believer looks at all things in light of, or through, Mystery Truth.

This is a recurrent Body teaching in Paul's Epistles.

As in...

2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the LORD.

And in...

2 Corinthians 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

And so on.

But good luck with that, Mr. Romans through Revelation.

Acts 17: 11, 12.

glorydaz

Them He forknew: Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

What was foreknown was that the Son would have a Body...those who would be created IN HIM.

beloved57

Are you claiming God did not know from the beginning that His Elect ONE would have a body of believers who would be conformed into His image?

You saw my quote. That's what I'm claiming. I don't know what you are talking about. My quote was in rebuttal to something someone said that wasn't scripture.

glorydaz

You saw my quote. That's what I'm claiming. I don't know what you are talking about. My quote was in rebuttal to something someone said that wasn't scripture.

Ah, so you don't deny that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Elect ONE and His having a body was foreknown?

glorydaz

I don't know anything about the jesus you believe in and this is a rabbit trail!

Oh, that's too bad. Perhaps you've never heard.

Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

beloved57

Oh, that's too bad. Perhaps you've never heard.

Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Rabbit trail.

john w

Hall of Fame
Rabbit trail.

Prove that you are one of "the elect," one of those predestined to salvation, as I''ve been asking you for years, Clavinist/Calvinist bedeviled666. Watch the crafty, subtil(Genesis 3:1 KJV)dismissal, evasion, dodge ball, tap dancing with a top hat, and white cane....Watch...

And prove that your children, your boy(s), girl(s), are not predestined to hell.

Go ahead.

Cliff-Claven1.jpg

beloved57

Prove that you are one of "the elect," one of those predestined to salvation, as I''ve been asking you for years, Clavinist/Calvinist bedeviled666. Watch the crafty, subtil(Genesis 3:1 KJV)dismissal, evasion, dodge ball, tap dancing with a top hat, and white cane....Watch...

And prove that your children, your boy(s), girl(s), are not predestined to hell.

Go ahead.

Cliff-Claven1.jpg

Rabbit trail!

john w

Hall of Fame
Rabbit trail!

As I predicted: Watch the crafty, subtil(Genesis 3:1 KJV)dismissal, evasion, dodge ball, tap dancing with a top hat, and white cane....Watch...

He spams that to everyone, and has spammed that 666 times, in the last year, to any challenge, to his admitted satanic Calvinism.

That is all the bedeviled666 has.

Prove that you are one of "the elect," one of those predestined to salvation, as I've been asking you for years, Clavinist/Calvinist bedeviled666. Watch the crafty, subtil(Genesis 3:1 KJV)dismissal, evasion, dodge ball, tap dancing with a top hat, and white cane....Watch...

And prove that your children, your boy(s), girl(s), are not predestined to hell

Not a peep, as he admits that he/his kids are predestined to hell.

beloved57

As I predicted: Watch the crafty, subtil(Genesis 3:1 KJV)dismissal, evasion, dodge ball, tap dancing with a top hat, and white cane....Watch...

He spams that to everyone, and has spammed that 666 times, in the last year, to any challenge, to his admitted satanic Calvinism.

That is all the bedeviled666 has.

Prove that you are one of "the elect," one of those predestined to salvation, as I've been asking you for years, Clavinist/Calvinist bedeviled666. Watch the crafty, subtil(Genesis 3:1 KJV)dismissal, evasion, dodge ball, tap dancing with a top hat, and white cane....Watch...

And prove that your children, your boy(s), girl(s), are not predestined to hell

Not a peep, as he admits that he/his kids are predestined to hell.

More long drawed out rabbit trail nonsense !

john w

Hall of Fame
More long drawed out rabbit trail nonsense !

As I predicted-filler, cliche's, grunts, snorts, from another wolf, as I picked him apart, reducing him to sound bytes, as he/she admits, on record, that he/she does not even know if he/she is one of these so called "elect" to salvation, "predestined" to salvation, nor can he/she encourage his/her children, as he/she has no clue as to whether they are "elect/predestined" to salvation, or hell.

Thanks for the "good news," demon, as you "preach" a subtil form of works "justification," perverting the good news/gospel of Christ.

Throw us another sound byte, bedeviled666......Go ahead, run to GOOG.