ECT WHO IS THE HEAD OF THE EKKLESIA TODAY ??

Right Divider

Body part
Uh... except for the multiple points at which Scripture quotes or alludes to various "outside sources." Then it would perhaps be nice to have some idea what is being talked about.
Instead of "hinting" at what you're talking about, why don't you actually point directly to it?

Danoh

Now go ahead and cite the biblical text which states that "Only words that appear explicitly in the Bible may be used by Christians to define and describe their beliefs." Chapter and verse, please.

Isaiah 8:20; 2 Tim. 3:16-17, for starters, but you know you are looking to hold on to what you have long since concluded.

Cruciform

Isaiah 8:20; 2 Tim. 3:16-17, for starters, but you know you are looking to hold on to what you have long since concluded.
Of course, neither of these selected texts in any way states that "Only words that appear explicitly in the Bible may be used by Christians to define and describe their beliefs." Try again?

Wick Stick

Instead of "hinting" at what you're talking about, why don't you actually point directly to it?
I'm not hinting at anything. I'm saying that the Bible regularly makes quotes and allusions to other books. So, no, it is not all-inclusive or self-containing.

Are you asking for examples? Here's a partial list, to which I could add considerably.

Jarrod

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So no actual refutation whatsoever. That's what I thought.

You don't have a foot to stand on except for what your links say.

Ephesians 5:23 New King James Version (NKJV)

23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.

Cruciform

You don't have a foot to stand on except for what your links say.
...according to the entirely non-authoritative opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, anyway. :yawn:

Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.
No disproof whatsoever, since no one here has denied that Jesus is the Head of his Church. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
...according to the entirely non-authoritative opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, anyway. :yawn:

No disproof whatsoever, since no one here has denied that Jesus is the Head of his Church. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

:ha: Then who is this Pope that you worship. Is he not the head of your church?

Cruciform

Yes, and your cited source is garbage per your usual RCC propaganda.
...according to the entirely non-authoritative opinions of your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, anyway. :yawn:

No doubt you much prefer your usual non-Catholic sectarian propaganda.