ECT Who is right?

God's Truth

2nd Peter

Knowing this first that no scripture is of any private interpretation

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Only the RCC see this as a licence for them to interpret the scripture

[and you talk about changing the meaning of words] the bible is to be simply read and believed.

What scripture do YOU not understand that you need somebody to interpret it for you?.

Free will means to all the world and his wife that you can do what want...only you change it to mean something else.

We are not just to read and believe the scriptures. We are to read, believe, and obey the scriptures.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 15:14
You are my friends if you do what I command.

John 8:31 Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Right Divider

Body part
The truth is not up for discussion or to be argued over. The truth as found in the word will always fulfil the purpose in whom it is sent. The sheep will always accept the truth while the goats eat any old trash.
Isn't it strange that Paul never really talks about sheep and goats (apart from ONE reference to sheep from a Psalm).

heir

TOL Subscriber
We are not just to read and believe the scriptures. We are to read, believe, and obey the scriptures.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 15:14
You are my friends if you do what I command.

John 8:31 Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
Then why don't you?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I agree.

For me, I can see that Paul preached something different, for a different purpose than the rest of the Bible. There are only a handful of relatively minor differences that pop up with those that agree with this.

Most others disagree and lump him in with the rest of the Bible. There are thousands of views and denominations that pop up when beginning Bible study with this view.
great post!