ECT Who is right?

Danoh

Looking at any issue as to whether or not this or that is sound or not, the actual issue is always one of what overall understanding of things one is looking at things from to begin with.

In this, to simply assert that one party is off in a thing that another is not off in, without laying out the basis of one’s view that it might be explored, is often the mark of an opposition outright, out of plain old incompetence at examining the various sides of any view.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
When you've been on TOL long enough you'll see how the wrong person when presented with a plain statement of scripture will just ignore it.

SaulToPaul 2

Looking at any issue as to whether or not this or that is sound or not, the actual issue is always one of what overall understanding of things one is looking at things from to begin with.

In this, to simply assert that one party is off in a thing that another is not off in, without laying out the basis of one’s view that it might be explored, is often the mark of an opposition outright, out of plain old incompetence at examining the various sides of any view.

I agree.

For me, I can see that Paul preached something different, for a different purpose than the rest of the Bible. There are only a handful of relatively minor differences that pop up with those that agree with this.

Most others disagree and lump him in with the rest of the Bible. There are thousands of views and denominations that pop up when beginning Bible study with this view.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
When you've been on TOL long enough you'll see how the wrong person when presented with a plain statement of scripture will just ignore it.

well that is because this wrong person has a different interpretation of said scripture

I think you have the wrong interpretation

do you understand interpretation????
or
did you change the meaning of that word as well?

musterion

Yep. If I ever had the privilege of being a policymaker on TOL, I'd insert a dishonesty clause just so such people can be perma-banned.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I agree.

For me, I can see that Paul preached something different, for a different purpose than the rest of the Bible. There are only a handful of relatively minor differences that pop up with those that agree with this.

is that
progressive
revised
acts 2
mid acts
or
acts 28?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
All of these will agree on 97% of issues.

which are what?
is there a mad confession somewhere?

I want to know
do you go to church?
do you sin?
do you say the Our Father?
can a mad homosexual get married?

can mad people answer questions?

SaulToPaul 2

which are what?
is there a mad confession somewhere?

I want to know
do you go to church?
do you sin?

All you have to do is pay attention. You will see a few minor things we disagree on.

We are trying to get together a Magisterium to craft a cathecism.

I will keep you posted.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
All you have to do is pay attention. You will see a few minor things we disagree on.

We are trying to get together a Magisterium to craft a cathecism.

I will keep you posted.

you can start by answering my questions

I want to know
do you go to church?
do you sin?
why doesn't this site have a mad option for religion?

SaulToPaul 2

you can start by answering my questions

I want to know
do you go to church?
do you sin?
why doesn't this site have a mad option for religion?

1. I am the church, how can I go to a church? I study the Bible with like minded believers.

2. I sin daily. Sin dwells in my body, and produces sins.

3. Why would I say the "our father"? It's a tribulation context, for Jews.

4. I do not know any mad homosexuals. I suppose if their state allows it, they can.

5. MAD isn't a religion, I'm guessing.

6. We can, if we feel it's worth the effort.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
1. I am the church, how can I go to a church? I study the Bible with like minded believers.

2. I sin daily. Sin dwells in my body, and produces sins.

3. Why would I say the "our father"? It's a tribulation context, for Jews.

4. I do not know any mad homosexuals. I suppose if their state allows it, they can.

5. MAD isn't a religion, I'm guessing.

6. We can, if we feel it's worth the effort.

is it worth the effort to ask a mad person a question?
no
they can't, will not, don't answer questions
so
you have to answer for them
no
they do not go to church on sunday
no
they do not sin
so
they do not have to say the Our Farther
because
they are already saved
and
yes a practicing homosexual is saved as long as they are mad

I am happy to answer the questions for you

Danoh

no
so
no
no
they do not sin
so
because
they are already saved
and

Regrettably, yours is exactly the approach to a thing I wrote the OP against, and or, in light of.

STP answered your questions.

Regrettably, you read your misunderstandings into his answers.

And he answered your questions; he did not skirt them as you asserted, not only when you asked your questions, but continued to assert after he answered them.

Also, your questions are off to begin with, because your basis is.

Yours is an obvious misunderstanding of the setting in which Matthew thru Early Acts are depicted; those many statements made and questions asked by various individuals within its overall narrative, being a key to understanding said setting, and by that; the intended sense of the meaning of passages within those writings.

As I noted in my OP, one can not explore such things with one already so set in his tradition, on the one hand, animosity his filter, on the other.

Last edited:

glorydaz

no
so
no
no
they do not sin
so
because
they are already saved
and

You earned yourself a big fat F. Not one question right. :chuckle:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
well that is because this wrong person has a different interpretation of said scripture

I think you have the wrong interpretation

do you understand interpretation????
or
did you change the meaning of that word as well?

2nd Peter

Knowing this first that no scripture is of any private interpretation

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Only the RCC see this as a licence for them to interpret the scripture

[and you talk about changing the meaning of words] the bible is to be simply read and believed.

What scripture do YOU not understand that you need somebody to interpret it for you?.

Free will means to all the world and his wife that you can do what want...only you change it to mean something else.

Truster

The truth is not up for discussion or to be argued over. The truth as found in the word will always fulfil the purpose in whom it is sent. The sheep will always accept the truth while the goats eat any old trash.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The truth is not up for discussion or to be argued over. The truth as found in the word will always fulfil the purpose in whom it is sent. The sheep will always accept the truth while the goats eat any old trash.

the sheep are better off in the flock with the shepherd looking after it