Who Here Chose To Be Heterosexual?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You'd rather be a pervert and wear your lifestyle on your sleeve, grossing normal folks out.

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
You'd rather be a pervert and wear your lifestyle on your sleeve, grossing normal folks out.

Yes, that's exactly right, Inzlet. You are so impressive to me. I am always impressed when disabled individuals attain positions that make them feel special.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Yes, that's exactly right, Inzlet. You are so impressive to me. I am always impressed when disabled individuals attain positions that make them feel special.

You don't live up to the "uber" that you claim unless you attribute that status to God. You fail in a position for a remedy. God does not.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
You don't live up to the "uber" that you claim unless you attribute that status to God. You fail in a position for a remedy. God does not.

whereas sky catches the essence of who you are?

My image is in Christ and it is explained in the Bible. Do you understand that? No you don't. You are a self proclaimed Atheist. Good luck with that and the people you influence.

Quincy

The argument that some choose to be gay while others are naturally inclined to be gay doesn't really help Christianity. Either they all choose or they don't and you still have some who are that way by nature. I don't think I've read Arthur say that he believes absolutely no one is capable of choosing a sexuality. He is just saying he couldn't and pointing out most people would feel the same way, so it doesn't make sense to think every homosexual chose it. I think some of you need reading comprehension improvement, unless he stated clearly and concisely somewhere on the forum he believes no person can possibly choose their sexuality and I missed it. Anyways, some of you should learn to read and analyze statements thoughtfully. It's a problem when people don't on this forum........ or in the outside world :plain: .

sky.

BANNED
Banned
If God and the Scriptures had "sanctioned" homosexuality the world would have ended long ago.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I was taught that homosexuality was a type of blasphemy because it directly denies the commandment to multiply and fill the earth.

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
I was taught that homosexuality was a type of blasphemy because it directly denies the commandment to multiply and fill the earth.
walking down the street also directly denies multplication, no? Gay reproduction is the purest form of human reproduction. No abortions are necessary and every child is wanted. No, oooooops babies. ( i Sense you were an ooops.)

sky.

BANNED
Banned
walking down the street also directly denies multplication, no? Gay reproduction is the purest form of human reproduction. No abortions are necessary and every child is wanted. No, oooooops babies. ( i Sense you were an ooops.)

Oh good lord. You're afraid of yourself.

Quincy

If God and the Scriptures had "sanctioned" homosexuality the world would have ended long ago.

I disagree because regardless, there is always a percentage of the population that is homosexual. They have always been there and will always be. Whether or not they are open about it or keep it under wraps because the powers that be suppress it is irrelevant.

That is the sad thing I think many Christians don't understand. Homosexuality has, is and will always be part of human nature. Whether or not it is tolerated is irrelevant, because even within the "closets" it happens.

The world would have ended long ago if homosexuality could be the cause of it. If God is omnipresent and willing to destroy cities/countries because of it, then he'd know about all the homosexual acts that happen everywhere and would destroy many places.

It just goes to show, I think many Christians know homosexuality is a fact of human nature. Some just want it suppressed and not openly tolerated. It still exist and happens regardless. So that really just leaves one to deduce that some people just don't like it. Thats fine really, I don't care if people hate homosexuals. But it is what it is.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I am very tired of witnessing Christianity tear itself apart over this issue. The very term homosexual wasn't even invented until Karoly Maria Benkert published a few pamphlets. That is not to say that same sex relationships didn't exist. Plato discusses same sex relationships as did Aristotle although apparently to a much lessor extent. I found an interesting article published at Stanford in 2002 that seems to cover the topic without much bias. Here is the link. http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/homosexuality/

Back to my point. In the early church sex acts of any sort including between man and wife were viewed as sinful. That stance slowly gave way and became modified. Read the linked article before saying that I am incorrect. So here we are in 2013 and what we are seeing is people leaving condemnatory churches in droves. All because of varying understandings of the role of sex in life. I am sad to see this state of affairs. Sin, to me, is between God and each individual. It should not be between theologians, popes, preachers or any other group and those seeking a closer relationship with God. Am I as a heterosexual any less a sinner than a man who sodomizes his wife or a priest who pleasures himself? Each of us will die and it will do no good to point at someone else and claim "that person sinned more". Yet, in the meantime, we all to a greater or lessor extent lay sin at the doorstep of others when it might be more productive to accept the forgiveness of our own failings and encourage others to seek God.

I generally refrain from comments on "the gay issue" other than to engage aCW once in a while. But I would like to state this....if I ever were to meet a lesbian or gay man whose only sin is to love someone who is the same sex I will regard them as far less a sinner than I am. And I would not remain a member of any church that viewed such a person as somehow a greater sinner and condemned them for their love of a same sex person. That, quite frankly, is one of the most significant reasons more and more people are leaving churches. I pray to God that this satanistic divide can be overcome.