ECT Who can relate to this:

Cross Reference

"The longer I have walked with God, the more I have looked back to realize that my whole Christian life has been of His Mercy and won to His Grace; my whole life being of His Mercy which, in His time of faithfulness, when I wasn’t, won His Grace by the washing of regeneration. I had more than did my own thing and now, by His Grace, purposed in me, has He allowed me to see the depths of my sin He has deposited into the sea of His forgetfulness__ for which I owe Him a debt, you are well aware, I can't pay."

. . . . Cross Reference

PureX

"The longer I have walked with God, the more I have looked back to realize that my whole Christian life has been of His Mercy and won to His Grace; my whole life being of His Mercy which, in His time of faithfulness, when I wasn’t, won His Grace by the washing of regeneration. I had more than did my own thing and now, by His Grace, purposed in me, has He allowed me to see the depths of my sin He has deposited into the sea of His forgetfulness__ for which I owe Him a debt, you are well aware, I can't pay."

. . . . Cross Reference
Maybe if you put that in english instead of some weird psudo-archaic 'bibliospeak', I could identify with it. As it is, I don't even know what you're saying.

Cross Reference

Maybe if you put that in english instead of some weird psudo-archaic 'bibliospeak', I could identify with it. As it is, I don't even know what you're saying.

Well and perhaps, it doesn't apply to you. Perhaps your life was more righteous than mine that God's love to you would be more uniquely yours..

PureX

Well and perhaps, it doesn't apply to you. Perhaps your life was more righteous than mine that God's love to you would be more uniquely yours..
Or perhaps your God is so entangled with your religiosity that you can't express yourself about God without falling into this weird pseudo-archaic 'bibliospeak'.

Whatever, it's your God and your life. But you asked if we could identify, and I believe I answered your question. If you didn't like my answer then you shouldn't have asked.

Last edited:

republicanchick

. . . . Cross Reference

you protestants act like you are not required to do a thing to be close to Jesus

if this is what u r saying you are DEAD WRONG

++

Sheila B

. . . . Cross Reference

I agree wholeheartedly! Eloquently expressed!

Buzzword

. . . . Cross Reference

This is actually a textbook example of the kind of foreign language-esque bundles of cliches that too many church people can only throw around like a battered pigskin, instead of relating their experiences in their own words.

Church kids find it trite and outsiders find it bewildering, arrogant, elitist, etc.

I actually posted this on FB just for fun, in quotes, and one of my former pastors replied with "Do what now?"

Cross Reference

This is actually a textbook example of the kind of foreign language-esque bundles of cliches that too many church people can only throw around like a battered pigskin, instead of relating their experiences in their own words.

Church kids find it trite and outsiders find it bewildering, arrogant, elitist, etc.

I actually posted this on FB just for fun, in quotes, and one of my former pastors replied with "Do what now?"

They are my own words __ and it wasn't just for fun I wrote them.

“In the last time there will be scoffers, following their own ungodly passions.” Jude 1:18 (ESV)

You gotta know, you were expected, Buzzy.

Buzzword

They are my own words __ and it wasn't just for fun I wrote them.

“In the last time there will be scoffers, following their own ungodly passions.” Jude 1:18 (ESV)

You gotta know, you were expected, Buzzy.

And you gotta know, nothing I said was "scoffing".
Also, it is ludicrously churchy of you to respond to realistic criticism with eschatological nonsense, which implies a theological ivory tower on your part.

Which is a big factor in my and Purex's criticism of your statement.
It is becoming a more and more plain fact that this kind of language use in churches is turning outsiders away and sending kids brought up in it heading for the hills at first opportunity.

Meanwhile, those of us whose plain-language testimony is our basis for witnessing draw people to us.
Maybe Christ converts them, maybe not, but we are building real relationships with real people in the real world.

Not waxing church-poetical among the supposedly-converted.

Cross Reference

And you gotta know, nothing I said was "scoffing".
You can't be serious!

Also, it is ludicrously churchy of you to respond to realistic criticism with eschatological nonsense, which implies a theological ivory tower on your part.

Implies?? "Churchy of me?? By whose plumbline? Your nominal mind?

Which is a big factor in my and Purex's criticism of your statement.
It is becoming a more and more plain fact that this kind of language use in churches is turning outsiders away and sending kids brought up in it heading for the hills at first opportunity.

So what is your testimony? Speak it. Let it be judged as you have judged mine.

Meanwhile, those of us whose plain-language testimony is our basis for witnessing draw people to us.

Ah, Yes! "To us", you say? Who are you?

Maybe Christ converts them, maybe not, but we are building real relationships with real people in the real world.

And it is your job to know who are the sheep of His pasture. Do you even believe you are one or care to find out? You really don't have me wondering about that. And for whose sake??!! The Kingdom of God; a "Real life" relationship in Jesus Christ you are supposed to offer and don't or your church organisation with its revivals that don't work, bake sales, games and social "chicken dinner" gatherings? You know what I am speaking of and can't deny it. Programs and more programs. Involvements, serving on the board and being an usher, etal. So-called Bible studies that no one learns anything. I have been there to experience the deadness of it all __ the absence of a life giving Spirit. Why not admit you know nothing of that sort of thing.

All of that notwithstanding, you will no doubt continue to make your religious organisation your object of worship, as most are doing these days.

oatmeal

you protestants act like you are not required to do a thing to be close to Jesus

if this is what u r saying you are DEAD WRONG

++

Receiving salvation Romans 10:9-10 and achieving fellowship with God and His son and fellow believers are two different things. I John 1:3

Buzzword

You can't be serious!

Pointing out that one's word choice can have a negative effect upon the intended audience is not "scoffing".

Implies??

So you mean to state your elitist attitude outright instead?
That would simplify things.

So what is your testimony? Speak it. Let it be judged as you have judged mine.

My testimony is not the subject of this thread.
And you can interpret legitimate criticism as "judging" all you want, but it just makes you seem defensive and unable or unwilling to answer your critics.

Ah, Yes! "To us", you say? Who are you?

I am myself.
I know there are others who share my conviction that using churchspeak does nothing but alienate people, so I speak as part of a group, even though I do not identify with any particular group except those who follow Christ.

And it is your job to know who are the sheep of His pasture.

Last I checked, my only "job" was to love God and love my neighbor.
And the latter requires that I do not alienate him/her with my word choice.

Do you even believe you are one or care to find out? You really don't have me wondering about that.

I do not live in fear because I live to love God and love my neighbor.

He commands us to do so.
He does not command us to huddle in a church building like preppers in a bunker while the rest of the world goes about its day.
He does not command us to hijack words which have multiple meanings and use them to try to separate those we have decided are sheep from those we have decided are goats.

And for whose sake??!! The Kingdom of God; a "Real life" relationship in Jesus Christ you are supposed to offer and don't or your church organisation with its revivals that don't work, bake sales, games and social "chicken dinner" gatherings? You know what I am speaking of and can't deny it. Programs and more programs. Involvements, serving on the board and being an usher, etal. So-called Bible studies that no one learns anything. I have been there to experience the deadness of it all __ the absence of a life giving Spirit. Why not admit you know nothing of that sort of thing.

I honestly have no clue what you're trying to accomplish with this wall -o'-rant.

I try my best to daily love God and share His love with people around me, and I am satisfied with that.
I do not require a church building or church programs to do so, because He has equipped me over time to build relationships.

I grew up in and then outgrew the traditional church.

All of that notwithstanding, you will no doubt continue to make your religious organisation your object of worship, as most are doing these days.

You presume incorrectly that I have a "religious organization".
I do not.

I am not a member of a church congregation, and I do not identify with any particular denomination.

I am myself, doing my best to follow the two greatest commandments through Christ's example, in the strength and ability He has given me.

Not in the cliches and platitudes and biblespeak of the traditional church.

Cross Reference

Pointing out that one's word choice can have a negative effect upon the intended audience is not "scoffing".

So you mean to state your elitist attitude outright instead?
That would simplify things.

My testimony is not the subject of this thread.
And you can interpret legitimate criticism as "judging" all you want, but it just makes you seem defensive and unable or unwilling to answer your critics.

I am myself.
I know there are others who share my conviction that using churchspeak does nothing but alienate people, so I speak as part of a group, even though I do not identify with any particular group except those who follow Christ.

Last I checked, my only "job" was to love God and love my neighbor.
And the latter requires that I do not alienate him/her with my word choice.

I do not live in fear because I live to love God and love my neighbor.

He commands us to do so.
He does not command us to huddle in a church building like preppers in a bunker while the rest of the world goes about its day.
He does not command us to hijack words which have multiple meanings and use them to try to separate those we have decided are sheep from those we have decided are goats.

I honestly have no clue what you're trying to accomplish with this wall -o'-rant.

I try my best to daily love God and share His love with people around me, and I am satisfied with that.
I do not require a church building or church programs to do so, because He has equipped me over time to build relationships.

I grew up in and then outgrew the traditional church.

You presume incorrectly that I have a "religious organization".
I do not.

I am not a member of a church congregation, and I do not identify with any particular denomination.

I am myself, doing my best to follow the two greatest commandments through Christ's example, in the strength and ability He has given me.

Not in the cliches and platitudes and biblespeak of the traditional church.
Deal with it. It's not my problem.

andyc

. . . . Cross Reference

Amen to that!

Livelystone

. . . . Cross Reference

Summed up as in the words of Paul: "where sin abounds grace abounds even more".

This is true for every Christian. IMO it is a persons honest confession that brings the stark reality home that the only reason we have been not been judged by our flesh, is the only reason why we have not been utterly consumed by our flesh.

In case I failed to make my point..........

No one is overcoming temptation to sin but only because God in His mercy is keeping us from sin.

When all heterosexual christians wake up to the truth they will realize that the only reason they are not homosexual is because God did not allow satan the necessary leeway for that to happen......... Not because they did not feel any tendency on their part to have homosexual desires, because if God had removed this aspect of His hand of protection from them....... they would be totally gay! :)

Most persons judge "bad sin" as starting somewhere beneath what they have yielded to when the truth is the only reason any of us have not committed any particular sin is because of grace, not just as Christians but also while we were yet sinners