White Privilege

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
What is “white privilege” and what does OP video have to do with it? :idunno:

Nothing really. Maybe the fact that "white privilege" doesn't always work if one is a homeless, mentally ill white guy who gets filmed assaulting a McDonalds employee.

In other words, there's a limit even for white privilege. And that might be what has some folks angry. Or might just be another troll. Hard to say.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I guess he's upset Baldy didn't get an asswhoppin.
I have to admit I'm a little upset Baldy didn't get an asswhoppin.

I'm pretty sure it was enough of a whooping that he won't grab a woman like that again even if he wasn't seriously hurt. Which is a pretty good result, really.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
...there's a limit even for white privilege. And that might be what has some folks angry....

great work! :thumb:

a perfect example of the kind of crap that earned you the distinction of the most dishonest poster on the site :first:

and earned you this, from knight:
The Barbarian is a jerk who has posted on TOL for years and when he makes a database wasting post he exposes himself to possible banishment. Heck it wouldn't hurt my feeling at all to permanently ban him.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
(questions about what white privilege has to do with this)

Barbarian observes:
Nothing really. Maybe the fact that "white privilege" doesn't always work if one is a homeless, mentally ill white guy who gets filmed assaulting a McDonalds employee.

In other words, there's a limit even for white privilege. And that might be what has some folks angry. Or might just be another troll. Hard to say.

great work! :thumb:

a perfect example of the kind of crap that earned you the distinction of the most dishonest poster on the site :first:

And we have our answer. Thank you.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I think that guy was out of his gord and if he does stuff like that in public imagine what he does in dark alleys.

Maybe so. If so, he needs to be taken in and helped. But sometimes the school of hard knocks works. At very least, someone needs to step in and do an assessment.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Well one vector would be being able to drive around a white neighborhood and not get pulled over.

Given all the videos of cops and (more often) would-be "helpers" of the cops, it's easy to think that it happens always and everywhere. It happens too often, but I think it happens a lot less than it used to happen. Racists are the brightest people around, but surely they have seen the consequences of acting up when people have cameras.

fool

Hall of Fame
Maybe so. If so, he needs to be taken in and helped. But sometimes the school of hard knocks works. At very least, someone needs to step in and do an assessment.

He'll get one when he's doing his time for grabbing a 100 pound teenage girl.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
He'll get one when he's doing his time for grabbing a 100 pound teenage girl.

She did rather well for a 100-lb. teenage girl. She pulled him back across the counter, and pummeled him. But good to know someone is checking to see if he's dangerous to himself or others.

ok doser

Well one vector would be being able to drive around a white neighborhood and not get pulled over.

by that measure, blacks have black privilege

I think that guy was out of his gord and if he does stuff like that in public imagine what he does in dark alleys.

watch the video again - what is he grabbing her for?

he's holding his wallet and receipt in his left hand - looks to me like all he was trying to do was get her to look at the receipt

he never hits her

... Racists are the brightest people around...

:freak:

Danoh

watch the video again - what is he grabbing her for?

he's holding his wallet and receipt in his left hand - looks to me like all he was trying to do was get her to look at the receipt

he never hits her

:freak:

He assaulted her when he not only grabbed, but pulled her forward. Here is a closer view.

Warning: This one is not bleeped.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n0SUldXpHPs

Anyone one whom anyone does that too who does not immediately go into "clobberin time" when that is done to them, is the one off his gourd.

I used to teach a martial arts self-defense class and that was one thing I would attempt to instill in each class - that the moment anyone grabs you like that, you are to completely go animal on them, as they are out to hurt you, period.

Just some of the issues I'd have to address were things like how that right then and there is no time to be worried about what is wrong with them, what their motive might be, what you may or may have not done to set them off or not, whether or not they like you, who might or might not approve, what trouble you might or might not get in, and so on - all issues repeatedly raised in every class of different students I taught that class to.

Often, I would actually have to help them to learn how to tap into that kind of attack mode within themselves that their attacker would surely be working off of from within him or herself.

Why?

Because various societal pressures basically wean out the ability in many people to automatically go into fight mode to where, when something like that happens to people they shut down *.

Some of this kind of shut down is obvious in that woman's co-workers.

Such was obviously not the case in that woman's poetry - she was clearly able to tap into the exact kind of fight mode his putting his hands on her called for.

While I'm at it, I sincerely doubt that McDonald's manager had not caught that on the video feed of both the inside and outside of a McDonald's that their stores are all equipped with and that feed into both the manager's office and McDonald's corporate.

Ok d, your earlier comments caused me to attempt to revisit that video from within a wider frame of reference for those things that differ.

I would suggest you do the same.

:chuckle:

* Being able to go into fight mode at will and from within a calm, cool, and collected manner, during such critical moments just might be what all teachers and kids should be trained in, for the next time some fool decides to take out fellow kids in a school.

Danoh

Here, this little guy (first 8 seconds into the video) has the right idea, lol

"When the girl you're wrestling has a tough little brother..."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0bSE-rh7jFg

And that kind of an activity - Olympic Style Wrestling - or perhaps even Judo - might be a practice worth incorporating in all schools.

It builds confidence in oneself, but more importantly, repeatedly puts one in a situation where they learn to tap into their fight mode ability, both at will, and in a calm, cool, and collected manner.

Last edited:

Danoh

It's the belief that whites have natural inherent advantages over other races.

No wait - that's white superiority.

I always get those mixed up

I took some time off to reflect on that a bit, from both a Secular and, a Scriptural perspective.

Result?

White privilege is the societal privilege that benefits people whom society identifies as white in some countries, beyond what is commonly experienced by non-white people under the same social, political, or economic circumstances. Wikipedia

In a sense, the phrase is a misnomer.

For, within a society wherein some other ethnicity and or class is the predominant one in some way, theirs would be the Societal and or Class Privilege, beyond what is commonly experienced by those not of that Class, under the same social, political, and or economic circumstances.

This is also the case within all levels of any society and or "culture."

Even here on TOL there is often the rightly expressed concern by some, that others on here are extended a privilege beyond what is commonly experienced by those not of that class, under the same circumstances.

First ones to take issue with that valid concern, people like you and your pals, ok d.

For very often, the privileged end up blind to the obvious to everyone but to them.

As for its solution given the absence of one from said class, no matter how often this has been pointed out to such?

The Believer nevertheless has one - in Christ.

In this focus, here...

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

There's the needed focus, regardless of what trials, tribulations, injustices, or what have you, might come the Believers' way, from life, or from one's fellow man, Believers or not - the fact that the Believer has had God's matchless love expressed towards him or her.

In what sense?

When?

In His Son, on that Cross....

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

That is to be, and can be the Believer's focus, by faith, regardless of whatever the imbalance in a sense of equality either life, or one's fellow man, Believers or not, might bring the Believers way.

This focus here...

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

And only the Believer who willingly decides to rest in that by faith, will come to a place where he or she finds it all the Believer needs, come what may.

Only said Believer eventually comes to that place wherein he or she finds that actually is "that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God" Rom. 12:2, as far as what God would have the Believer focus on, when "life happens."

That's what Romans 5 is actually all about, by the way - the Believer's complete access by faith, into this vital day to day aspect of the grace in Christ, that the Believer has in Christ, as a result of God's love in His Son on that Cross towards the Believer...

Because of Romans 5:6-11.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
He assaulted her when he not only grabbed, but pulled her forward. Here is a closer view.

Warning: This one is not bleeped.

You don't get it. Doser's telling you that white privilege means you haven't done anything wrong if you grab a black woman by the collar and drag her over a counter, so long as you don't hit her. And if she defends herself, then she's committed a crime.

Sheesh.

ok doser

He assaulted her when he not only grabbed, but pulled her forward.

i agree, and her response was appropriate - i was just pondering what his intentions were when he grabbed her

its kinda funny - after she starts hitting him he says in a mild voice "stop" and holds out his wallet and receipt right before one of her punches catches it and knocks it out of his hand

and again, i'll note that he never retaliates - never hits her

While I'm at it, I sincerely doubt that McDonald's manager had not caught that on the video feed of both the inside and outside of a McDonald's that their stores are all equipped with and that feed into both the manager's office and McDonald's corporate.

its possible - just as possible he was under a fryolator or out by the dumpster during the eighteen seconds of the actual physical altercation

btw - love the little guy in the wrestling vid :thumb:

Danoh

...and again, i'll note that he never retaliates - never hits her...

That is absolute nonsense.

He will be charged with assault, mark my words.

Not only his having violently reached into her space and grabbing her, but his violently jerking her forward towards the edge of that counter, is every much a "hits her" as if he'd punched her.

And that is the case even had he not used such violent force.

What is it you feel such a need to continue to attempt to rationalize away?

An assault is an assault.

He...assaulted her.

Plain and simple.

One thing's for sure - that woman now has a major lawsuit against McDonald's, should she wish to pursue one.

fool

Hall of Fame
You don't get it. Doser's telling you that white privilege means you haven't done anything wrong if you grab a black woman by the collar and drag her over a counter, so long as you don't hit her. And if she defends herself, then she's committed a crime.

Sheesh.

Where'd he say that?

ok doser

... he never retaliates - never hits her...

That is absolute nonsense.

no, it's true - he grabs her shirt, he grabs her arm after she starts hitting him

he never hits back

He will be charged with assault, mark my words.

and rightly so :thumb:

What is it you feel such a need to continue to attempt to rationalize away?

read what i wrote - i've explained at least twice why I describe what happened clearly and without emotion

you might try the same :)

An assault is an assault.

yes

He...assaulted her.

yes he did

One thing's for sure - that woman now has a major lawsuit against McDonald's, should she wish to pursue one.

on what basis?