Which President would be best for the UK?

eider

I have brought this up a few times in posts on other threads.
It does look as if (on average) the UK might get along better with the existing President.

The Democrats have been making ultimatums to us in recent weeks, and I don't think that we would get along quite so well with them.

Here is a collection of varied reports.............

John Humphrys - Trump or Biden : Who's Best for Britain ...

yougov.co.uk › politics › articles-reports › 2020/10/29
5 days ago — And Britain has been able to rely on presidents of both parties to uphold the ... If so, Britain should surely be hoping that Mr Trump will be re-elected ... President Eisenhower and the British prime minister Antony Eden fell out ...
U.K. Officials' New Trump Dilemma: What if He Loses? - The ...

www.nytimes.com › World › Europe
31 Jul 2020 — If Mr. Biden wins in November, Britain would face a president who opposed ... “He is instinctively comfortable with Brits, but London will have to work on the relationship.” ... He would not be toxic with much of the British public.
US election 2020: What the US election will mean for the UK ...

www.bbc.com › news › election-us-2020-54680567
26 Oct 2020 — President Donald Trump and UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson on 4 ... If you want to see one of the great monuments to what is called "the ...
A Joe Biden White House will have little time and less love for ...

www.theguardian.com › commentisfree › oct › johnson...
25 Oct 2020 — If he becomes the next US president, who will be Mr Biden's 'special friend' in ... Mrs May had to throw in the promise of a Trump state visit to the UK – I ... More existentially, the British may ask themselves where his policies ...
What the U.S. election means for Britain - The Washington Post

www.washingtonpost.com › world › 2020/10/08 › us-e...
7 Oct 2020 — President Trump is the self-proclaimed “Mr. Brexit" who compares his ... That hardly means most in the British government would welcome a Trump win. ... opportunity to showcase what the U.K. can do in terms of bringing the ...
when presidents enter British politics - Press Office ...

www.businessinsider.com › Politics › News
26 Jul 2020 — President Donald Trump and UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson. ... is that if Biden wins, we won't need to do a bilateral trade deal because we ...

eider

In a BBC television program this morning a news team was visiting shops in Moscow, and President Trump's pictures are featured on products and in posters all around, but there are no pictures or posters of Biden.

The news team asked shoppers who they would like to win the American election, and although most answered that they either did not care or did not know about any American election, some did call out 'Trump!' and one young lad said 'Jason Statham!'. :chuckle:

It seems as if the Russian people either don't know or care about US politics.

Interesting.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
In a BBC television program this morning a news team was visiting shops in Moscow, and President Trump's pictures are featured on products and in posters all around, but there are no pictures or posters of Biden.

The news team asked shoppers who they would like to win the American election, and although most answered that they either did not care or did not know about any American election, some did call out 'Trump!' and one young lad said 'Jason Statham!'. :chuckle:

It seems as if the Russian people either don't know or care about US politics.

Interesting.

It's all about who state television promotes and publicizes. Apparently Russian state television doesn't spend much time on Trump.

As opposed to your state television which features him constantly, apparently.

eider

The People of Hong Kong hope for Trump....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-54097609

Hong Kong: 'Only Trump can hit the Communist Party'
Hong Kong has seen a severe clampdown by Beijing in the wake of massive pro-democracy and anti-China protests. A new security law has been brought in to punish anyone seen as secessionist or undermining Beijing's rule.

"When Donald Trump got elected four years ago, I thought the US had gone crazy," Erica Yuen tells the BBC. "I'd always been a supporter of the Democrats. Now though, I support Trump - along with a lot of the Hong Kong protesters."

The activist and businesswoman says that the priority for Hong Kong is to get a US president who will "hit the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) hard - that's the only thing that Hong Kong protesters hope for".

These hopes have been fuelled by the US president's vocal criticisms of China, particularly with regard to Hong Kong.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The People of Hong Kong hope for Trump....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-54097609

Hong Kong: 'Only Trump can hit the Communist Party'
Hong Kong has seen a severe clampdown by Beijing in the wake of massive pro-democracy and anti-China protests. A new security law has been brought in to punish anyone seen as secessionist or undermining Beijing's rule.

"When Donald Trump got elected four years ago, I thought the US had gone crazy," Erica Yuen tells the BBC. "I'd always been a supporter of the Democrats. Now though, I support Trump - along with a lot of the Hong Kong protesters."

The activist and businesswoman says that the priority for Hong Kong is to get a US president who will "hit the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) hard - that's the only thing that Hong Kong protesters hope for".

These hopes have been fuelled by the US president's vocal criticisms of China, particularly with regard to Hong Kong.

Biden is in China's pocket. They know how to influence him. Just offer his idiot son millions of dollars.

eider

As to the OP, I'd say Biden is best for the UK. He wouldn't be able to remember any policy against your interests.

With Biden in power the UK would have extra difficulties as it leaves the EU.

President Trump is a businessman, he does business. We would have a better chance, I think.

eider

It's a harbinger of their plans for Taiwan. Whatever Biden would allow them to do in Hong-Kong they would push across the Formosa Strait.

I imagine that Taiwan could be quite insecure in the future. China seems determined to have it back.

With Biden in power the UK would have extra difficulties as it leaves the EU.

President Trump is a businessman, he does business. We would have a better chance, I think.

I don't understand. If Biden simply loses a small handful more neurons, he won't be able to locate the UK on a map, will probably spend all day, trying to reach out to Churchill. Just nobody over there hire Hunter, and he'll have nothing to do with your foreign policy, in the first place. That is if he even finds his way home from the inauguration. I don’t see you have anything to fret. You might start out by not taking creepy people seriously, at all. Just avoid the circus freak show. Always works for me.

Psalms 118:9 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.

Psalms 146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

“People strive for happiness and will always fail in their pursuit. Happiness is not present in darkness and difficulty, but joy never leaves. Joy undergirds our spirits; it brings to life peace and contentment.”

That joy is Jesus Christ, His Spirit. Seek the Lord, and all the politics, hand wringing and juvenile histrionics will get so much smaller, even a bore. In any case, if there’s no way you can at least have fun with it, if you don’t like what’s on, change the channel. A liberal is a lot like fungus gnats, easy to keep out of your home and your life, if you want to. It’s their problem they insist half the nation like them, just like their TDS, and half the nation's approval is just never going to happen. Who’s in the White House to me, personally, doesn’t mean squat, where the rubber meets the road.

Maybe the UK should simply be the UK, and damn the torpedoes if somebody doesn’t like that. It’s like Tony Blair: you should have never put yourselves in a position to be called Bush’s poodle. Just do your own business. I don’t know why you’d find a man that doesn’t know what decade he is in such a threat, or any nation that would elect him. You all would probably still control North American, if you weren’t so stupid as to wear red coats in the woods. Just think for yourselves and figure these common sense things out! You’re a great nation. You need to listen and learn, if you want to stay that way!

And God save the Queen. I fear she needs it.

eider

I don't understand. If Biden simply loses a small handful more neurons, he won't be able to locate the UK on a map, will probably spend all day, trying to reach out to Churchill. Just nobody over there hire Hunter, and he'll have nothing to do with your foreign policy, in the first place. That is if he even finds his way home from the inauguration. I don’t see you have anything to fret. You might start out by not taking creepy people seriously, at all. Just avoid the circus freak show. Always works for me.
Huh? We are leaving the EU and seeking closer trading agreements elsewhere. If Biden should fall ill then his deputy would step up. Sadly the Democrats have communicated ultimatums to us here already.
Oh Well...... there's always China.

Psalms 118:9 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.
{118:10} All nations compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD will I destroy them. {118:11} They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD I will destroy them.

Yes...... Just because we're leaving them we don't feel like warring with and destroying our neighbours, actually. OK?

Psalms 146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
Well, we want to trade with them where possible, we're unlikely to tell any country's leaders that they're no good. Poor diplomacy etc.

“People strive for happiness and will always fail in their pursuit. Happiness is not present in darkness and difficulty, but joy never leaves. Joy undergirds our spirits; it brings to life peace and contentment.”
It gives me great pleasure to know that you are ever joyful and contented. May your posts show this, each and every one.

A liberal is a lot like fungus gnats, easy to keep out of your home and your life, if you want to. It’s their problem they insist half the nation like them, just like their TDS, and half the nation's approval is just never going to happen.
I think the Democrats have nearly half the votes just now.

Maybe the UK should simply be the UK, and damn the torpedoes if somebody doesn’t like that. It’s like Tony Blair: you should have never put yourselves in a position to be called Bush’s poodle. Just do your own business. I don’t know why you’d find a man that doesn’t know what decade he is in such a threat, or any nation that would elect him. You all would probably still control North American, if you weren’t so stupid as to wear red coats in the woods. Just think for yourselves and figure these common sense things out! You’re a great nation. You need to listen and learn, if you want to stay that way!
We never lost you..... you were just too far away..... best to go your own way...... and look at you now, hating each other merrily. Winners?
Meh...
But we wouldn't mind some business....

And God save the Queen. I fear she needs it.
But He has..... she has survived to great age and held the throne longer than any other, and shown such courage.
When Popes and Presidents traveled behind G1s glazing she rode high on her horse through parades and ceremonies all..... and she wore bright red. That's guts for you.

Yes...... Just because we're leaving them we don't feel like warring with and destroying our neighbours, actually. OK?

There have been a lot of conflicting reports out of Northern Ireland on that score, over the years.

I think the Democrats have nearly half the votes just now.

Now, I never said there are not a lot of fungus gnats out there!

We never lost you..... you were just too far away..... best to go your own way...... and look at you now, hating each other merrily. Winners?

I resemble that remark! (In our defense, we did say whoops, after Vietnam.)

But He has..... she has survived to great age and held the throne longer than any other, and shown such courage.
When Popes and Presidents traveled behind G1s glazing she rode high on her horse through parades and ceremonies all..... and she wore bright red. That's guts for you.

All well and good, but you're talking about things with a shelf life, and that's not what I meant by save. In your defense, there was no expectation that would register, though. You have to understand, sometimes I just point out things, which can be very hit and miss, the world as it is. It's like if I said, "Jesus saves," somebody around here would likely ask, "At what bank?"

I really love a lot of BBC shows. Hollywood doesn't have a clue, anymore.

eider

There have been a lot of conflicting reports out of Northern Ireland on that score, over the years.

Now, I never said there are not a lot of fungus gnats out there!

I resemble that remark! (In our defense, we did say whoops, after Vietnam.)

All well and good, but you're talking about things with a shelf life, and that's not what I meant by save. In your defense, there was no expectation that would register, though. You have to understand, sometimes I just point out things, which can be very hit and miss, the world as it is. It's like if I said, "Jesus saves," somebody around here would likely ask, "At what bank?"

I really love a lot of BBC shows. Hollywood doesn't have a clue, anymore.

Fair enough..... good answers all. :)
Although not a Christian I can acknowledge Christianity in followers and do like discussing the gospels on other forums.
All the best to you and yours. :)

Fair enough..... good answers all. :)
Although not a Christian I can acknowledge Christianity in followers and do like discussing the gospels on other forums.
All the best to you and yours. :)

Why thank you! But good answers all? Must be running a fever, or losing my touch.

Best wishes to you, too, which would be going to a quiet place, picking up a Holy Bible, starting at the gospel of John, ask the LORD to kick the devil out of the room, and slowly reading, paying attention, to what is absolute truth. The most reliable witnesses ever recorded saw an empty tomb, then the risen Lord Jesus. There are most serious consequences to dismissing that empty tomb. This dwarfs all the political nonsense since nonsense has been recorded, nonsense that will save nobody, and this saving not referring to banking, on earth, anyway.

Whatever the case, you guys keep writing those great screenplays and casting people that actually fit. (On the other hand, to whit, I do take great issue at casting Nat Parker, though one of my very favorites, as Harold Skimpole, in the 2005 version of Bleak House. That must have been a very bad hair day for the producers, or on drugs, just got off the phone with some Hollywood homo, something...)