Which President would be best for the UK?

eider

Why thank you! But good answers all? Must be running a fever, or losing my touch.
No problem! :)

Best wishes to you, too, which would be going to a quiet place, picking up a Holy Bible, starting at the gospel of John, ask the LORD to kick the devil out of the room, and slowly reading, paying attention, to what is absolute truth. The most reliable witnesses ever recorded saw an empty tomb, then the risen Lord Jesus. There are most serious consequences to dismissing that empty tomb.
Whoa! Christianity might possibly have started there, but my searches started with the Baptist.

This dwarfs all the political nonsense since nonsense has been recorded, nonsense that will save nobody, and this saving not referring to banking, on earth, anyway.
Ah...!
I'm a Deist.
Any sparrow has as much chance as me.

In any case you guys keep writing those great screenplays and casting people that actually fit. (On the other hand, to whit, I do take great issue at casting Nat Parker, though one of my very favorites, as Harold Skimpole, in the 2005 version of Bleak House. That must have been a very bad hair day for the producers, or on drugs, just got off the phone with some Hollywood homo, something...)
Never written a play, but watched s few.
I've got friends who are gay, but never watched any. Never watched my hetero friends either, come to think of it.

I'm a Deist.
Any sparrow has as much chance as me.

Never written a play, but watched s few.
I've got friends who are gay, but never watched any. Never watched my hetero friends either, come to think of it.

You know, you seem to have a tendency to personalize general statements. But thank you for clarifying you don't write all the screenplays, nor see all your friends on the screen. The latter could be the good news, that you don't hallucinate. The bad news is that being a Deist and a dime, as they say, would no longer even buy you a cup of coffee. (Please, that's a figure of speech. I do not need to be informed you only drink tea!)

Isn't a Deist somebody that believes in something bigger than a bread box, anyway, as long as "it" is mute, can't be actually perceived, and, perish the thought, ever communicate with man? And, whatever the case, whatever "it" is, that never really said anything, ensures that man can be a Janus-faced, smarmy little creature and have enough virtue to slip through the cracks? Was just thinking, if your god is mute, simply created and took a powder, revealed nothing, how can you have doctrines from him, or, excuse, from it? Does your religion fit on a Post-it Note? LOL! I'm sorry, but some things are simply more weird than the Calvinists and Jew-lites, arguing over Sunday school stuff, in the Religion forum.

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

eider

You know, you seem to have a tendency to personalize general statements. But thank you for clarifying you don't write all the screenplays, nor see all your friends on the screen. The latter could be the good news, that you don't hallucinate. The bad news is that being a Deist and a dime, as they say, would no longer even buy you a cup of coffee. (Please, that's a figure of speech. I do not need to be informed you only drink tea!)

Isn't a Deist somebody that believes in something bigger than a bread box, anyway, as long as "it" is mute, can't be actually perceived, and, perish the thought, ever communicate with man? And, whatever the case, whatever "it" is, that never really said anything, ensures that man can be a Janus-faced, smarmy little creature and have enough virtue to slip through the cracks? Was just thinking, if your god is mute, simply created and took a powder, revealed nothing, how can you have doctrines from him, or, excuse, from it? Does your religion fit on a Post-it Note? LOL! I'm sorry, but some things are simply more weird than the Calvinists and Jew-lites, arguing over Sunday school stuff, in the Religion forum.

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Deism? I don't sell Deism on a Christian forum LLJ, never.

​​​​​​You quoted apostle John, whose description of events is so different from Mark's as to cause closer inspection. Take his report of that last week in Jerusalem. What did he say that Jesus and friends did on the first day there, eh? Then Clare that with Mark's account.

Proverbs 14:12? Are you sure that's not you it refers to?

Timothy 4:1 How many devils did he think there were?

Deism? I don't sell Deism on a Christian forum LLJ, never.

Maybe also take a pass on Christian scripture exegesis? You think?

You know, I would be happy to see your sales pitch, actually. We have the blind seeing, the lame walking, the multitudes fed from a few baskets, a thousand prophecies of the future, half of them already come to pass, in explicit detail, real proof, on and on I could go, the dead rising, including the Lord Jesus, Himself. We have abundant scripture, that could only be from the mind of very God. Revelation out the wazoo. What revelation do you have? Seems to me you have a hard sell may be the real problem. I know I'd not go door to door, trying to sell cans of air, especially calling it my faith. But I'd be happy to be regaled by your Deism. It's a theology website, and you have some sort of amorphous blob you call god, right? Is "it" going to be pleased with you, failing to get the word out? Have you thought of that, or does being a mute, a crappy disciple, come with the territory?

Last edited:

eider

Maybe also take a pass on Christian scripture exegesis? You think?
I may have a stronger grasp of the gospels than you LLJ.

Which is probably why you avoid questions about them like that last of mine. Here it is ahgain:

You quoted apostle John, whose description of events is so different from Mark's as to cause closer inspection. Take his report of that last week in Jerusalem. What did he say that Jesus and friends did on the first day there, eh?

You know, I would be happy to see your sales pitch, actually.
No Deists that I know of sell Deism anywhere. But we can discuss our beliefs where there is free discussion.

We have the blind seeing, the lame walking, the multitudes fed from a few baskets, a thousand prophecies of the future, half of them already come to pass, in explicit detail, real proof, on and on I could go, the dead rising, including the Lord Jesus, Himself. We have abundant scripture, that could only be from the mind of very God. Revelation out the wazoo.
What a sell! A real 'We've got more than you' chant, a doorstep job if ever I saw one.

What revelation do you have? Seems to me you have a hard sell may be the real problem. I know I'd not go door to door, trying to sell cans of air, especially calling it my faith.
Just read the paragraph above this last one of yours.
That LLJ, is a hard sell.

But I'd be happy to be regaled by your Deism. It's a theology website, and you have some sort of amorphous blob you call god, right? Is "it" going to be pleased with you, failing to get the word out? Have you thought of that, or does being a mute, a crappy disciple, come with the territory?
TOL has an established Creed, and I will not discuss religion because my ideas would differ from that.

You don't get it, I know. You flog your idea of Christianity, you call others 'crap disciple' and laugh at them, and thus you can't have any idea about who Jesus was, what he did, or you'd be less noisy.

How could a Deist know the gospels better than you, eh? But that's probably true. If you want to open a oneto one discussion about the gospels in a suitable forum and with permission for me to write openly, then that would be fine by me.

eider

Arthur Brain
Hi..... A slight change in Boris, I think.
He has started to suggest that he could sweet talk with the EU after all.

The US election result could have changed his mind .......