Which gospel?

john w

Hall of Fame
All the Apostles including Paul preached it.

After it happened.

Translated: Stoned-"after it happened."

I will slow it down for you, Jughead Junkie....The "argument:"

"I agree there is only Paul's gospel by which all men can be saved today, but there is certainly more than one gospel in the Bible."-saved heir

"No, there is only one......Paul and the apostles all preached the same Gospel."-the arguer

Judas-preached a "the gospel," prior to the dbr. Thus, the "good news" he preached, "the gospel" he preached, as did the other 11, was void of the dbr, the "lynchpin" of the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

There is plenty of good news in the book, junkie, not just one piece of good news, as you grunt, snort, hiss, with your disjointed "the" "English."

Put the joint down, Jeffie.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Again, breaking in down, that even a 6 year old can "figger out"in Mt.-John, prior to the dbr, that the 12 had no idea of the impending dbr. It was hid from them :

1.The 12 did not know of the impending dbr-it was hid from them-

"For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day. But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask him." Mark 9:31-32 KJV

"Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken." Luke 18:31-34 KJV

"For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." John 20:9 KJV

What do you call someone today, that denies the resurrection, or knows NADA about it?

Lost.

2. Peter tried to prevent the Lord Jesus Christ's death, and His death was a key component of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV:

"From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee" Mt. 16:21-22

What do you call someone today, that does what Peter did?

Lost.

"And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him." Mark 8:31,32

3. Even after the Lord's death, burial, and resurrection, the 12 intially did not believe it:

"And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted." Mt. 28:17 KJV

What do you call someone today, that denies the resurrection?

Lost.

"And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not. After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them. Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen." Mark 16:11 KJV

What do you call someone today, that denies the resurrection, does not believe it?

Lost.

"And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest. It was Mary Magdalene and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles. And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not." Luke 24:9-11 KJV

What do you call someone today, that denies the resurrection, does not believe it?

Lost.

" And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?" Luke 24:41 KJV

Lost.

Show me specfic scripture, chapter and verse, from scripture, in Mt/-John, prior to the death, burial, and resurrection:

1.Where the Lord Jesus Christ preached: I am going to die for your sins, be buried, and raised again so that you may be justified. Believe on my death, burial, and resurrection, and you will be saved.

2.Where the 12 preached: he is going to die for your sins, be buried, and raised again so that you may be justified. Believe on His death, burial, and resurrection, and you will be saved.

Where, in Mt.-John, prior to the dbr, was 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV ever preached by anyone as a basis for justification. Chapter and verse prior to the dbr in Mt.-John. You won't find it. It is not there. It was hid from them. They were preaching, at least prior to the dbr in Mt.-John, a "the" gospel, but it was not 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV-it was "the" gospel of the kingdom, and these are not synonomys terms.

If "the" "one gospel" is 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, i.e., "...Christ died for our sins...was buried....was raised again....", explain:

1.How the 12 could have preached the dbr, when it was hid from them prior to its ocurrence-Luke 18:31-34 KJV; Mark 9:31-32 KJV; John 20:9 KJV

2.Why Peter tried to prevent "....died for our sins.....according to the scriptures...": Mt. 16:21 KJV; Mark 8:31 KJV?

3. How the 12 could be preaching "....raised again the third day....", if it was not only hid from them, but they did not believe the resurrection, "....according to the scriptures....", even after it happened: Mt. 28:17 KJV; Mark 16:11 KJV; Luke 24:41 KJV?

Many have been shown that"the" gospel of the kingdom is not equivalent to 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. There is more than one piece of good news/gospel in the book-the context tells us which good news/gospel is being discussed. Ask Professor Judas.

I cannot lay it out for them any more clearly, and it does not take an "MBA from heaven" to figure this out.

"It's not that complicated."-Mayor STP

Take it away, Mayor....

Sidebar, LORD God...Should I meet with Miller Time?

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Only to you and others who believe in a false gospel of works, as a result of spiritual blindness 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

~~~~~
According to the verse you quoted, the lost are those who believe not "our gospel" and are blinded by the god of this world because of it. I believe and preach that gospel 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
The holy spirit leads the regenerates. I'm not going all over the place with you.
Regenerates? Here we go again with some more Colossians 2:8 KJV. The washing of regeneration that was shed on us is not our own, but the Lord Jesus Christ's!

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

You really need to stop sniffing TULIP and believe the Bible.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Mark wrote, "Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God and saying, 'The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent and believe in the gospel.'" (Mark 1:14-15)

What was the gospel?

Jesus said, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

Ok, so how is a person born again?

Jesus explained, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." (John 3:5-6)

This is the basis of Paul's gospel. (Romans 8:9)
:chuckle:

KingdomRose

Which gospel do you preach?

The one Jesus preached.

"This gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14, NASB)

Do you know what the gospel of the Kingdom is?

"The God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed....It will crush and put an end to all other kingdoms, but it itself will endure forever." (Daniel 2:44, NASB)

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given too us; and the government will rest on his shoulders; ...There will be no end to the increase of his government or of peace." (Isaiah 9:6,7, NASB)

Does YOUR preaching of the gospel differ with Jesus' preaching?

KingdomRose

The Gospel is not according to man, but according to God, in fulfillment of His Purpose for all of the Election of Grace according to His Perfect Will:

Eph. 1:4-11
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

The GOSPEL OF GOD'S GRACE is defined in the acronym of T.U.L.I.P:

The Truths of TULIP:

Total Depravity and inability spiritually of the natural man

Unconditional Election of Grace of only a remnant out of mankind

Limited and particular atonement of only some out of mankind

Irresistible Grace or Effectual Call of only some out of mankind

Preservation or perseverance of the Saints to the end by God’s Power and Grace

These Truths in scripture present and define the method of God’s Saving Grace in Christ Jesus and therefore thoroughly present the Gospel of God’s Grace.

Acts 20:24:
But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

And unbelief in any one of these Doctrinal Truths founded upon the Word of God is flat out unbelief and Apostasy!

Thankful to my Brother in Christ, beloved57, for sharing his intensive studies in his declaration of the True Gospel of God's Grace as declared by Paul, in relation to all God's Elect Sons / Children Eph. 1:3-11; 2 Tim. 1:9.

~~~~~

You and beloved57 have missed the substance of what Jesus and his disciples were telling the world. You have based an entire religion on the false premise that individuals were chosen to live before they were even born, and "before the foundation of the world." That just isn't so.

What God "chose" or predestined before the founding of the world was not individuals, but the promise of a certain class of people that would be ruling with Christ in heaven. God did not know the names of the people in that group. He chose not to know, because it just wouldn't be FAIR to predestine anybody. A person's eternal life would depend on what THEY chose to do.

Answer this: What is "the founding of the world"? Is it the planet? I'll tell you...it is the start of a world alienated from God, which began AFTER Adam disobeyed. Have you got that? It was after Adam rebelled that this "world" began. (See I John 2:15-17 to see what "world" we're talking about.)

"Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever."

THAT is the "world" that Ephesians 1:4-11 is talking about. And it wasn't founded until after Adam turned his back on God. When he sinned, God immediately put into action plans to redeem fallen mankind. It is THEN that a class of people was foreordained to rule with a Redeemer, and it was only that GROUP that was predestined, not individuals.

Once you understand that, you will be able to see Truth more clearly.

KingdomRose

I agree there is only Paul's gospel by which all men can be saved today, but there is certainly more than one gospel in the Bible.

No, just one. And all of the scriptures that people have been citing here are part of what Jesus said at Matthew 24:14. God's own government is coming, and to be a citizen of that government we must know and believe Jesus and his Father, and what they require of us, the foremost being that Jesus has given his human life for each of us if we will just accept it.

KingdomRose

You preach a false gospel of salvation by works. Paul did not preach that.

No, Paul did not preach that. You are correct. It is clear from his teaching that humans must accept what Jesus did, and THEN conform their lives to what Jesus taught. Works can't save on their own. FIRST one must believe what Jesus said and accept it as a life-changing situation. He died in our places...if we accept that. Then we go on to follow his example in all things.

"So then, my beloved...work out your salvation with fear and trembling." (Philippians 2:12, NASB)

As Peter also said:

"For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in his steps." (I Peter 2:21,NASB)

beloved57

No, Paul did not preach that. You are correct. It is clear from his teaching that humans must accept what Jesus did, and THEN conform their lives to what Jesus taught. Works can't save on their own. FIRST one must believe what Jesus said and accept it as a life-changing situation. He died in our places...if we accept that. Then we go on to follow his example in all things.

"So then, my beloved...work out your salvation with fear and trembling." (Philippians 2:12, NASB)

As Peter also said:

"For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in his steps." (I Peter 2:21,NASB)
False statements!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

KingdomRose

Regenerates? Here we go again with some more Colossians 2:8 KJV. The washing of regeneration that was shed on us is not our own, but the Lord Jesus Christ's!

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

And YOU really need to stop ignoring half of the Bible and pay attention. TULIP will be apprised of their errors in the life to come. What about YOUR errors? You say the gospel is the teaching of being born again. That is not true. Jesus did not say that to be SAVED one must be born again. It was only for those who were called to reign with him in heaven (the Kingdom of God). That is what he was saying!

Those that were alive when he was here and who accepted his teachings were all part of the ruling group. What were they chosen for? What would they be ruling over? US. It is the believers on Earth that were to be the great crowd of true worshippers that would live here forever. Why did Jesus say, "Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth"? (Matthew 5:5)

Why did King David say, "Evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth"? (Psalm 37:9, KJV)

The people on the earth do not need to be "born again." It is just those who will rule with Christ in heaven, since they would need another "birth" to be ready to be in the spirit realm.

What do you say about this? Were Jesus and David hallucinating?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
? The Gospels, as we know them, were not written until circa AD50-70.

Who told you that?
Did the Apostles not know how to write before then?
Peter said they didn't have time to wait tables but would devote their time to prayer and the word of God.
Couldn't that include writing?

Paul was preaching during his time in Cilicia and Syria which would have been around AD37 wouldn't it?

That would depend on how long he persecuted the church before he went to Damascus, then to Arabia for 3 years, and how long he stayed in Damascus on his return from Arabia.

At any rate it would be before 50-70.

Paul mentions the preaching of Jesus which would have been known to them through reading the Gospels of Matt, Mark, Luke and John.

How long it took for them to be circulated, well, who knows?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is only one nation of Israel, therefore there is only one gospel about Israel.

Paul taught, "And if some of the branches were broken off, and you being a wild olive tree were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree..."
(Romans 11:17)

The Root of Israel is Christ who brought his people out of Egypt. So we are grafted into the Root, which is Christ, the King of Israel.

Some of the natural branches of Israel were broken off because of unbelief, but if they don't continue in unbelief they will be grafted back in.

We are grafted into the Root of Israel and have become the Israel of God according to Paul.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

That's why regeneration precedes faith. God does the saving not you.