ECT Which Gospel?

john w

Hall of Fame
Scoffers/frauds:"There is just one piece of good news/gospel in the bible."

Satanic-made up.

Luke 9 KJV

1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.

4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart.

5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

Scoffers/frauds:

You go, saint Judas!!!! Preach that "Christ died for our sins.....rose again....believe this good news to be justified!!!!!!!!"(1 Cor. 15: 1-4 gospel/good news).

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Why don't you have to build an ark to save your family?
Why isn't your 8 day old Son cut off from God's family if he's not circumcised?

Same principle. God told different things to different groups at different times.

that is not a rational explanation
it is not rational
and
it doesn't explain anything

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I know about 2 Cor 3.

Evidently you don't, because 2 Cor 3 tells us Paul was a minister of the New Covenant.

(2 Cor 3:6) He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Jerry Shugart

Why will no one address my remarks which I made to nikolai here?:

If there are actually two gospels, then there's a typo or two here :

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Romans 1:16-17

The correct understanding of the verses is as follows:

"For I am not ashamed of the good news of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth."

There is more than one instance of the "good news" which is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth.

For instance, one thing which is the "good news" of Christ is the fact that He died for our sins. And believing that good news brings salvation (1 Cor.15:1-3).

Another thing which is the "good news" of Christ is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And belief of that good news brings life to all who believe it:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).​

Those who believe that truth receive life by being born of God:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1-5).​

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sorry, but there is no room for building things on a "he probably."

Mid-Acts Dispensationalism is built on "probably"

Nowhere can you show a verse anywhere in the middle of the book of Acts that supports what you guys claim.

You guys can't even agree amongst yourselves where in mid-Acts occurred, what you guys claim occurred.

Jerry Shugart

Mid-Acts Dispensationalism is built on "probably"

Nowhere can you show a verse anywhere in the middle of the book of Acts that supports what you guys claim.

How would you know since you do not even know what determined the beginning of the present dispensation?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How would you know since you do not even know what determined the beginning of the present dispensation?

We live in the New Covenant.

It began with the shed blood of Christ Jesus.

You Darby followers are confused because you not only reject the NC, you don't understand the 40 year overlap from when the NC was implemented, to when the OC completely came to an end in 70AD.

Darby didn't understand it, so he invented the rapture and the secret parenthetical dispensation.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

While you're at it, please enlighten all of us with the magical verse somewhere in the middle of the book of Acts that supports Mid-Acts-Dispensationalism?

john w

Hall of Fame
We live in the New Covenant.

It began with the shed blood of Christ Jesus.

You Darby followers are confused because you not only reject the NC, you don't understand the 40 year overlap from when the NC was implemented, to when the OC completely came to an end in 70AD.

Darby didn't understand it, so he invented the rapture and the secret parenthetical dispensation.

Shut up with your Darby spam.

"Darby didn't understand it, so he invented the rapture and the secret parenthetical dispensation."

You wicked liar, as you've been shown, by many TOL members, just the opposite, but your father the devil keeps telling you to spam that satanic filth of yours.

You wicked liar:

"That's not my argument.I have never said that dispensationalism was "wrong" because of how old it was. I specifically said that no one taught about Christ coming back twice before Darby did."--habitual liar Wimpy Tet.

I never said it was wrong for how old it is.”-Tet.

Vs.

"My argument is that if there is not one single trace of something for 1,800+ years by anyone, then it was invented.”-Tet.

We smell your sulfur.

"We live in the New Covenant."-punk

No, we don't. You made that up.

I deny it. Am I lost?

Watch the wimp punt, as usual. Grow a spine, Craigie.

Last edited:

achduke

"We live in the New Covenant."

No, we don't. you made that up.

Jer 31:31 "Behold, the days are coming," says the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah--

Jer 31:33 "But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel: After those days, says the LORD, I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Eze 11:19 "Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh,

Eze 11:20 "that they may walk in My statutes and keep My judgments and do them; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God.

Joh 14:26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Luk 22:20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

2Co 3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb 12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Jerry Shugart

While you're at it, please enlighten all of us with the magical verse somewhere in the middle of the book of Acts that supports Mid-Acts-Dispensationalism?

The present dispensation began here:

"Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed" (Acts 13:46-48).​

Of course you don't know what determined the beginning of the present dispensation so you wouldn't know if what I said is true or not!

musterion

Jer 31:31 "Behold, the days are coming," says the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah--

Jer 31:33 "But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel: After those days, says the LORD, I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

The only way to make this "work" is for the Body of Christ to = the houses of Israel and Judah, correct?

Eze 11:19 "Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh,

Eze 11:20 "that they may walk in My statutes and keep My judgments and do them; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God.
Taking these verses exactly as is: if a believer sins, would that prove he/she is not one of God's people?

Joh 14:26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
I do not know all things. Not even close. Do you? Do you remember all things Christ said? I don't. And when did He say them to you?

Act 2:38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
You believe receiving the Holy Spirit follows after water baptism, which must be submitted to for the remission of sins?

Luk 22:20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.
How many Gentiles were present when He said this?

2Co 3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
Who does the first two verses you cited above say God would make the NC with?

Heb 12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.
See previous question.

achduke

The only way to make this "work" is for the Body of Christ to = the house of Israel, correct?

Taking these verses exactly as is: if a believer sins, would that prove he/she is not one of God's people?

I do not know all things. Not even close. Do you? Do you remember all things Christ said? I don't.

You believe receiving the Holy Spirit follows after water baptism, which must be submitted to for the remission of sins?

See previous question.

Yes. We are all one in Christ.

john w

Hall of Fame

Jer 31:33 "But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel:

Wow! I'm floored! I've never seen that verse before!!! Teach me.....Please?!

"that I will make with the house of Israel:"

"We live in the New Covenant."-others

No, we don't. It was introduced/instituted during the Lord Jesus Christ's earthy ministry, by His death. It will not be fulfilled/inaugurated/enacted, until the second coming, with the believing remnant of the nation Israel, not the boc.

Covered in numerous other threads.

Thanks for checkin' in, ArchieBenDuke.

Have a seat.

achduke

The only way to make this "work" is for the Body of Christ to = the houses of Israel and Judah, correct?

Yes, we are all one in Christ.

No, we do not have glorified bodies yet. We are still flesh but we should strive to not sin.

I do not know all things. Not even close. Do you? Do you remember all things Christ said? I don't. And when did He say them to you?

This verse was for the apostles but it shows that the holy spirit is the teacher.

No. But if the Holy Spirit wants you to get water baptized then by all means get water baptized. Also do what ever else the Holy Spirit leads you to do.

Israel but we are all part of Israel.

Last edited: