Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which of the cliches listed fits you best?

(More than one can be chosen)

DoogieTalons

BANNED
Banned
Think outside the box, and state of the art.

Thinking inside any box is dangerous... yeah I've seen the t-shirts.

DoogieTalons

BANNED
Banned
When a child asks you....

"what is two plus two?"

Should you think inside or outside the box, to give your answer?
I'd tell them four. I'd think inside the box for somethings, and outside the box for others.

For example when my child says is there a God... what box should I think inside of ? A Christian one, a Muslim one or an Athiest one.

When my child asks me if there is a God I will tell him, "I don't believe there is" and we'd go from there. Which would be outside of the box for an Atheist other wise I would simply tell him NO, don't be stupid...

ShadowMaid

Right now I feel like I could go a smile a minute! Um, I mean a laugh a minute! And and mile a minute! I like smiling. I can smile every minute! :D

..... I didn't make sense to myself....

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm definitely "Slow as molasses in January," but I'm also just as sweet! :eek:

:D

Not sure about the first part but the second part is certainly true. :up:

Sweet Pea

I chose "think outside the box", "glutton for punishment" (I'm here, am I not?) and 'more than meets the eye'.

~SP

Sweet Pea

I'd tell them four. I'd think inside the box for somethings, and outside the box for others.

For example when my child says is there a God... what box should I think inside of ? A Christian one, a Muslim one or an Athiest one.

When my child asks me if there is a God I will tell him, "I don't believe there is" and we'd go from there. Which would be outside of the box for an Atheist other wise I would simply tell him NO, don't be stupid...

Agreed, Doogie. I constantly challenge my kids to think for themselves on these issues, because they are outside the realm of what we can know through mathematical and science facts.

~SP

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Agreed, Doogie. I constantly challenge my kids to think for themselves on these issues, because they are outside the realm of what we can know through mathematical and science facts.

~SP

So when your kids bring home an F on their math paper and you ask, "why would you put that 3 + 3 = 7 and 4 + 1 = 8 and 1 + 1 = 4,768?" and he/she says, "Because I was thinking outside the box", I guess you'll be just fine with that.

Or if you say to them, "You should go and clean your room" and he/she says, "No, I'm going to think outside the box. I don't think I should clean it", no doubt you'll have no problem with that response.