Where do you live?

john w

Hall of Fame
I live in Gage County, Nebraska. Summers are fine, but the winters have me wishing I would have stayed in California.

One of the benefits of living in Nebraska is that the homes are more affordable. I own my home free and clear of a mortgage, something that probably would have been less likely in California. I am also fairly close to the state lines of Iowa and Kansas. The city and neighborhood I live in are fairly safe.

There is nothing to really brag about insofar as the attributes of my state. I don't really think of it as home. I tolerate it because my family is here.

I heard that you corn huskers were introduced to microwave ovens recently.

PureX

If I shot right strait up into the air from the seat I'm sitting in right now, this is what I would see …

presque_isle_from_air.jpg

If I flew even further up, it would look like this …

7372610.jpg

And if I were to fly down onto that peninsula, and look back toward the the city across the bay, I would see this …

Eriesky2.jpg

Close up …

Flagship-Niagara-Dobbins-Landing-Erie-July4-2009.jpg

And at dusk, from that tower structure …

bi-centennial-tower-25.png

This is all during the warmer months, of course. In winter we set records for the most snow of any city in the lower 48 states.

theophilus

If I shot right strait up into the air from the seat I'm sitting in right now, this is what I would see …

presque_isle_from_air.jpg

If I flew even further up, it would look like this …

7372610.jpg

And if I were to fly down onto that peninsula, and look back toward the the city across the bay, I would see this …

Eriesky2.jpg

Close up …

Flagship-Niagara-Dobbins-Landing-Erie-July4-2009.jpg

And at dusk …

bi-centennial-tower-25.png

This is all during the warmer months, of course. In winter it's a different world.

Beautiful!