Where did the races come from? Evolutiion, Creation or Other.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Trying to get you to think: Does it make sense that soft tissue is found in anything that is no longer capable (theoretically mind you, by 'science' postulation) of being soft because it is millions of years old?

How dedicated are 'we' (opposing sides) dedicated to a concept, that we can't ask ourselves again whether the science idea is functional. To any degree we are unwilling, we are being ingrained and indoctrinated.

You don't have the same commitment to a theory of science, that one does to their theology simply because the theologian has their belief as a paradigm for living.

The guy looking at science doesn't have a fraction of nearly the same commitment so it is REALLY odd when an obvious conundrum presents itself, that an internet guy looking at science (or a scientist who is only it by trade and still not the same commitment level) doesn't question the obvious disconnect.

"What is actually happening for dinosaur soft tissue (by example) to appear in a fossil that was dated to be millions of years old?" The internet guy and scientist should not be posturing against such questions but seeking to cogently answer them, themselves, ESPECIALLY as he/she is not nearly as attached to the result as a theologian happens to be about his/her theology and what may attempt to assail it.

How about you answer the question I posed? Is C14 and other radiometric dating methods useless?

Lon

How about you answer the question I posed? Is C14 and other radiometric dating methods useless?

At least for dating soft dinosaur tissue? From what I understand, it does very well for what it can verify. It is the extrapolations math that we all can hold suspect. Why die for a hill that is speculative? If you HAD to base a life and death decision on such, but we wouldn't die if you didn't. I'd think you wouldn't do it. IOW, I think even you find it is but a good working theory. Conversely, theology is a life-death discussion. Some science we depend on, but the age of the earth? Seldom if ever, about life/death, thus it is debated. Here is a question: Does it matter if the earth is a million, billion years old? What possible difference could it make if God created in a day or a billion years to you? It can't. It is odd, when I watch the BBC, the figures are all given as if fact. Sad because they certainly don't know. It is 'fake science news.' Worse? It cheapens and calls all other 'good' science into question and it is the science communities fault because of a drive for notoriety $ and etc, rather than in the name of science. Science is supposed to be 'what we know.' That btw, is why people who believe in false science are as much or more acting on faith rather than intelligence and imperial data. If you are extrapolating, you are only as good as what you can actually prove, so the extrapolation 'cheapens' the reliability of a field that is supposed to be nothing but reliable data. Even the scientific method itself demands this. -Lon

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
At least for dating soft dinosaur tissue? From what I understand, it does very well for what it can verify. It is the extrapolations math that we all can hold suspect. Why die for a hill that is speculative? If you HAD to base a life and death decision on such, but we wouldn't die if you didn't. I'd think you wouldn't do it. IOW, I think even you find it is but a good working theory. Conversely, theology is a life-death discussion. Some science we depend on, but the age of the earth? Seldom if ever, about life/death, thus it is debated. Here is a question: Does it matter if the earth is a million, billion years old? What possible difference could it make if God created in a day or a billion years to you? It can't. It is odd, when I watch the BBC, the figures are all given as if fact. Sad because they certainly don't know. It is 'fake science news.' Worse? It cheapens and calls all other 'good' science into question and it is the science communities fault because of a drive for notoriety $ and etc, rather than in the name of science. Science is supposed to be 'what we know.' That btw, is why people who believe in false science are as much or more acting on faith rather than intelligence and imperial data. If you are extrapolating, you are only as good as what you can actually prove, so the extrapolation 'cheapens' the reliability of a field that is supposed to be nothing but reliable data. Even the scientific method itself demands this. -Lon

No, we do know. the universe is something less than 14 billion or so years old. It was not created in a week 6K years ago. Humans evolved. Deal with it

6days

Humans evolved. Deal with it
Yes Jonah... we have evolved and continue to evolve genetic disorders. Genetic diseases and rates increase. Problems like bad backs and vision problems increase as we evolve. Research shows that each of us has thousands of mutations. Each person has about 150 more mutations than their parents. Science shows we indeed are 'evolving', and its the opposite direction of your beliefs. Science shows we are 'evolving' in a way that is consistent with God's Word.
As Christians, we look forward to the time when God restores creation... and there will be no more 'evolving'...no pain, no death, no tears.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Yes Jonah... we have evolved and continue to evolve genetic disorders.

And old ones become extinct. Almost all of them by now are recessives, meaning you have to get one allele from each parent for it, to for the disorder to happen. If such recessives become too common, they tend to disappear, for the same reasons that inbreeding populations of animals eventually have few genetic disorders.

On the other hand, there are now quite a few favorable mutations identified in humans. Would you like to learn about some of them, and why they became widespread over time?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Yes Jonah... we have evolved and continue to evolve genetic disorders. Genetic diseases and rates increase. Problems like bad backs and vision problems increase as we evolve. Research shows that each of us has thousands of mutations. Each person has about 150 more mutations than their parents. Science shows we indeed are 'evolving', and its the opposite direction of your beliefs. Science shows we are 'evolving' in a way that is consistent with God's Word.
As Christians, we look forward to the time when God restores creation... and there will be no more 'evolving'...no pain, no death, no tears.

Please advise where you answered my earlier question

Interplanner

On Daystar DIRECTV 369 today, Sat.Apr.22.2017 at 5pm EST

there will be a short film on Noah's flood.

The main feature today is on homosexuality at 4pm. AUDACITY.

6days

The Barbarian said:
On the other hand, there are now quite a few favorable mutations identified in humans. Would you like to learn about some of them, and why they became widespread over time?
Thats what evolutionists must believe; that mutations *ultimately can evolve a fish into a philosopher. However both science and God's Word show how "all creation groaneth".*

Your 'favorable mutation belief'* is based on evolutionism.... not on God's Word, not on science. Like Botanist Alex Williams says, "However, directly contradicting mutation’s central role in life’s diversity, we have seen growing experimental evidence that mutations destroy life. In medical circles, mutations are universally regarded as deleterious. They are a fundamental cause of ageing, cancer and infectious diseases.

"Even among evolutionary apologists who search for examples of mutations that are beneficial, the best they can do is to cite damaging mutations that have beneficial side effects (e.g. sickle-cell trait, a 32-base-pair deletion in a human chromosome that confers HIV resistance to homozygotes and delays AIDS onset in heterozygotes, CCR5–delta32 mutation, animal melanism, and stickleback pelvic spine suppression). Such results are not at all surprising in the light of the discovery that DNA undergoes up to a million damage and repair events per cell per day."

Reactions: Lon

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
6 days, in which specific post of yours did you respond to my specific question about C14 and other radiometric testing.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

Biblically fundamentalist Christianity demands acceptance of a literal Genesis. Creation of the universe in a week 6K+/- years ago. Along with Noah's Flood, the Tower of Babel, etc. Based on the evidence provided by science and the real world such demands are irrational. So no, it does not matter if the universe is 1 or 13 billion years old, but it does matter that it is not as fundamentalist Christianity demands and that brings into question the very existence of the Christian God.

Reactions: Lon

Lon

Biblically fundamentalist Christianity demands acceptance of a literal Genesis. Creation of the universe in a week 6K+/- years ago. Along with Noah's Flood, the Tower of Babel, etc. Based on the evidence provided by science and the real world such demands are irrational.
That's not true. You know where they/we get it from. It makes logical sense "if" one buys the premise. You know this as well as any other. For me: We have a bit of biblical evidence for a young earth, but I'm not convinced scripture demands it cannot be longer. My point on this is simply to say, and in agreement, actually, with Science, that God had to make a sustainable universe or man could not survive here. Either He did it in seconds or it took a very long time (logically). Think about this JUST A SECOND: whatever created the universe has the power to do so without worrying about a time-limit. Science doesn't HAVE to answer the question. Rather, it is a curiosity on our part and it really doesn't matter to our science. We can get to the moon if Christians or atheists decide to try. We can still cure disease, etc. despite the disagreement.

So no, it does not matter if the universe is 1 or 13 billion years old, but it does matter that it is not as fundamentalist Christianity demands and that brings into question the very existence of the Christian God.
There you go. You seem to get at least this much. For me, it isn't that big of a deal. Time is no factor to God. It makes its own sense. -Lon

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
That's not true. You know where they/we get it from. It makes logical sense "if" one buys the premise. You know this as well as any other. For me: We have a bit of biblical evidence for a young earth, but I'm not convinced scripture demands it cannot be longer. My point on this is simply to say, and in agreement, actually, with Science, that God had to make a sustainable universe or man could not survive here. Either He did it in seconds or it took a very long time (logically). Think about this JUST A SECOND: whatever created the universe has the power to do so without worrying about a time-limit. Science doesn't HAVE to answer the question. Rather, it is a curiosity on our part and it really doesn't matter to our science. We can get to the moon if Christians or atheists decide to try. We can still cure disease, etc. despite the disagreement.

There you go. You seem to get at least this much. For me, it isn't that big of a deal. Time is no factor to God. It makes its own sense. -Lon
Yeah, well the big problem is the God issue. We are here. No need for a God.

Lon

Yeah, well the big problem is the God issue. We are here. No need for a God.

It is counter-intuitive. If 'things have meaning' there is 'meaning' in and to the universe. It is a necessary conclusion. There is no escaping it.

"Something" is eternal." There is no escaping God-conclusions. That is why Paul said there was no excuse. God has made Himself plain. Incredibly so. "If there is beauty in the universe, then there is meaning in and to the universe" again, by necessity. Think for a few moments and atheism will lay long behind in the desert wasteland it was spawned from. It is life-less, counter-intuitive, and dead, and this not to be mean: Because it is necessarily so. -Lon

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
It is counter-intuitive. If 'things have meaning' there is 'meaning' in and to the universe. It is a necessary conclusion. There is no escaping it.

"Something" is eternal." There is no escaping God-conclusions. That is why Paul said there was no excuse. God has made Himself plain. Incredibly so. "If there is beauty in the universe, then there is meaning in and to the universe" again, by necessity. Think for a few moments and atheism will lay long behind in the desert wasteland it was spawned from. It is life-less, counter-intuitive, and dead, and this not to be mean: Because it is necessarily so. -Lon

If I agreed with you we would both be wrong.
Sure there is beauty in the universe. There is also chaos and destruction. Other than the human desire to find it, there is no particular meaning in the universe, no need for a deity.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
The 24 children of Adam and Eve. God would have had control over the eggs of Eve and some control over the sperm of Adam.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

iamaberean

Here is what we should know.

God created all the races of mankind, male and female, in Gen 1.

God told mankind to go out and replenish the earth.

In Gen 2 LORD God formed the man called Adam. Then God searched for a mate for him and that was not an animal he searched for. When he did not find one, he took a rib from Adam and formed a special woman.

God set them in the garden where the tree of life, Jesus, and the tree of good and evil, the Devil, were both at.

The devil seduced Eve first and then Adam. Adam then, shortly afterwards, knew his wife Eve.

Cain, the child of the devil and Able the child of Adam were both born.

Cain slew Able and for that he was cast out of the garden. He then married one of the women created in Gen 1.

The children of Cain are still on the earth today. Jesus confirmed this when he told the Pharisees that they were of the devil.

All of the above is confirmed by the Word of God.

Lon

If I agreed with you we would both be wrong.
Sure there is beauty in the universe. There is also chaos and destruction. Other than the human desire to find it, there is no particular meaning in the universe, no need for a deity.
Therefore, the realization is reflexive. That is why Einstein said Atheism was lame. It is counter-intuitive and wrong. Spinoza's God is simply that reflexively, you cannot have meaning, beauty, intelligence, or awareness of self, without the universe somehow giving it to you. You CANNOT have meaning or purpose, without 'something' in the universe giving it to you, else "meaning and purpose does not exist in the universe." That is why reflexively, you are always accused of living a pointless meaningless life. Atheist deny themselves. That is why Einstein said it was lame. It is.

Who am I trying to hurt? You? :nono: Just get you to think 'logically.' Atheism isn't. It doesn't matter if others who 'think' they are intelligent like Christopher Hitchens believes it. It is still lame. Still wrong.
-Lon