When were we chosen?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The whole of one's salvation depends on Christ, we contribute absolutely nothing.

You said that.

That
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
irresistible grace is resisted every day (Jer 17:9). :dizzy:

Cedarbay

This is still vague. Are you saying humans are like robots and have no will?
Your question was regarding salvation, Ktoyou, and I was clear in stating my belief.

Humans have a mind, will, heart (sometimes referred to as soul), given by God.

Scripture proves that God is sovereign, immutable, and has all authority to do as He pleases. None can stay His hand.

No robots, no puppets, nothing but the glorious friendship of the Good Shepherd for those He has called into the fold.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
God is calling out a people for his namesake. You are chosen when you chose him.

He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us (Ac 17:26–27).

See:

Does God Elect Everyone?

I read it like the bible says it...why change it?

God chose us in Christ before the world was founded...if Jesus sat at table with you and said "you have not chosen Me but I have chosen you" would you contradict Him.

That we are chosen and predestined to be conformed to God's Son does not preclude others from being saved.

I believe in the wider mercy

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
There is the discussion about pre-fall or after-fall as to when God decreed souls for salvation. Either way, God's will triumphs and all souls will come to Him in His time.

The only way one can truly rest in Christ's atonement is through faith given by God, knowing that human choice has nothing to add.

God's sovereignty in choosing souls for faith in Christ, continues to be unpopular because mankind will always insist on recognition and want glory for themselves.

Yes it is a little puff of pride, we don't like to be entirely at God's mercy

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
God can't choose a soul that does not yet exist. :AMR: To be chosen, one must choose God. :plain:

God will not touch man's will. Doing that would make him a robot. Man has the ability to choose God or not (Luke 23:28).

You are not using scripture for this.

The bible says we are born again "not by the will of man nor by the will of the flesh, but by the will of God"

Who said that man has freewill? did you read somewhere that God said "behold I give unto you freewill"?

God made man and He gave Him commands...that is not freewill, you say but man could disobey, yes he could but then he dies...dead men do not have freewill

Why are you afraid of God's good and perfect will? don't you trust Him? were you saved to just go on in what you call freewill but the bible calls bondage.

The devil makes us puppets...God makes us members of Himself, makes us ONE with Him....except of course unless you are pursuing what you call freewill but the bible calls bondage.

Why akse Christ to dwell in you?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
God can't choose a soul that does not yet exist. :AMR: To be chosen, one must choose God. :plain:

God will not touch man's will. Doing that would make him a robot. Man has the ability to choose God or not (Luke 23:28).

We existed in His foreknowledge

Whom He foreknew He also predestined...more like how can you preplan someone's life who you do not know~~?

You are saying "whom God did NOT foreknow He also predestined..."

Doesn't make sense.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Ephesians.14.
According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world. that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love

Having predestined us

unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself according to the

good pleasure of HIS will.

I want God's will don't you?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
What people call freewill Paul calls bondage

"Ye were in bondage to the elementary spirits of the universe before you knew [or rather were known of] God.

PROVE YOUR FREEWILL

Lay down and die and then rise up again,

go for a week without sinning, surely that would be a trifle for men with freewill.

We are BOUND to sin
we are BOUND to die

Bondage is not freewill.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Does God Elect Everyone? ] "You are not using scripture for this."
I don't use any scripture to support my argument. :dizzy:
"Who said that man has freewill?"
God (Ge 2:17).
"God made man and He gave Him commands...that is not freewill, you say but man could disobey, yes he could but then he dies..."
He's already dead (Eph 2:3, Jn 3:7).
"Why are you afraid of God's good and perfect will?"
:yawn: Proof please (Eph 4:14). :peach:
"Don't you trust Him? Were you saved to just go on in what you call freewill but the bible calls bondage."
I'm not going on in sin (1 Jn 5:18). :dizzy:
"Why asked Christ to dwell in you?"
crying.gif
Ask all day long, shed some tears, kick, scream, get baptized, walk down an aisle, sign a card--when your will aligns with his will (Ac 9:35), you can become his child.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
So you think when God said to Adam "thou shalt not..." He was giving him freewill

You say he is dead...do dead men have freewill then?

If you were seeking God's good and perfect will you would not be so wrapped up in man's [supposedly] freewill

So you equate going on in your own "free" will with going on in sin.

I say it is bondage and bondage will lead to sin.

Did you ask Christ to dwell in you so that you can go on in your own "free" will?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If man has freewill there is no need for Christ to die, for all a man has to do is choose.

The fact is Paul says man is a slave to sin...do you understand slaves to have freewill?

Man is a slave and only by dying with Christ can he be set free.