When Trump defines you

chair

I only compare libs to Nazis in regards to their passion for censoring their political opponents. In that department they are virtually identical twins.

I'm sorry- that doesn't work. The Nazis aren't infamous for their censorship, though they certainly did censor everything. They are infamous for dragging the entire world into war, and for genocide.

I rather suspect that if I started calling President Trump a Nazi because he lies, just like the Nazis, you'd not be happy, and might even ban me.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I'm sorry- that doesn't work. The Nazis aren't infamous for their censorship, though they certainly did censor everything. They are infamous for dragging the entire world into war, and for genocide.

I rather suspect that if I started calling President Trump a Nazi because he lies, just like the Nazis, you'd not be happy, and might even ban me.

It's a sleazy, tactic among libs to put words into the mouths of conservatives, setting up a straw man. I use the term, "Nazi-like censorship" , not "Nazi" in a Jew-hating, concentration camp loving way and you damn well know it. Stop putting words into my mouth.

chair

It's a sleazy, tactic among libs to put words into the mouths of conservatives, setting up a straw man. I use the term, "Nazi-like censorship" , not "Nazi" in a Jew-hating, concentration camp loving way and you damn well know it. Stop putting words into my mouth.

Yes, you said "Nazi-like censorship"- but it remains a fact that the Nazis are infamous for much worse things than censorship, and it cheapens their evil to use it like that. Again, should I talk about Donald Trump's "Nazi-like lying"?

And guess what? I am not a "lib". I am not part of the Great American Identity Politics Game, where you are completely one thing or the other. If you'd pay attention- I said that I don't like the youtube self-censorship. I merely pointed out that throwing the term "Nazi" around isn't such a great thing.

By the way, I bought an ice cream cone yesterday, and the ice cream stand owner cheated my in typical Stalinist fashion, but that is small change compared to the Nazi-like manner that the parking inspector limited my god-given freedom and gave me a parking ticket.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Unfortunately, across the pond we do see Boris Johnson's face pretty regularly and it's only marginally better than Chumps...

Disagree .... flaws and all, Boris is 100% better than trump. A more accurate comparison would be Putin, Duterte, Jinping, Kim Jung Un, Endogamy, Salman, etc.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You are cheapening the complete evil that the Nazis were. Comparing youtube's self-censorship with a regime that caused the deaths of about millions of people. Hate the leftas much as you want, but try to use some horse-sense.

I be interested to see you apply that same logic to Anna's use of a broad brush to smear Trump supporters with KKK association

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Again, should I talk about Donald Trump's "Nazi-like lying"?

Lying doesn't threaten the existence of the United States. Political censorship does. That is the reason why our founding fathers made freedom of speech the FIRST amendment. Without the 1st amendment the United States as we know it will cease to exist. Nazi-like censorship can destroy this country. That is why I will continue to label political censorship exactly as I always have.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
The Nazis aren't infamous for their censorship, though they certainly did censor everything. They are infamous for dragging the entire world into war, and for genocide.

If the Nazis did not engage in political censorship, the genocide would likely have never happened in the first place. Again, this is why our founding fathers made freedom of speech the 1st amendment to show how important it is. Do you see how wise they were?

chair

Lying doesn't threaten the existence of the United States. Political censorship does. That is the reason why our founding fathers made freedom of speech the FIRST amendment. Without the 1st amendment the United States as we know it will cease to exist. Nazi-like censorship can destroy this country. That is why I will continue to label political censorship exactly as I always have.

Uh huh.
I won't convince you that Nazi isn't just another nasty insult. It's apparently not simply ignorance- you do seem to have some idea of what the Nazis did. Just plain old lack of empathy and a whole lot of being stubborn.

Don't bother responding.

Arthur Brain

So if groups like this one air stuff on youtube and the video is taken down, then that kind of "political censorship" is going to destroy America?

https://www.adl.org/sites/default/fi...in-America.pdf

It's not like they're not allowed a platform on the net still and similar..

http://creativitymovementtoronto.blogspot.com/