When God Kills Kids

Jukia

Does it matter? Do you think I need to familiarize myself with this evidence before discussing it? I don't want to waste my time wading through boring websites, I just want to poo poo the topic.

Take a shot. What evidence would you like me to consider?

GuySmiley

Take a shot. What evidence would you like me to consider?
Listen to the show! You comment on all of these BEL threads and don't listen to the show. The thread is for discussing the show. If you participate in the thread you should listen to the show. I know it wont change your mind about anything, but at least then its an actual discussion about the topic.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Evolutionists will do anything to talk about anything but the topic. :chuckle:

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
I was interested in your opinion. If you don't have one or don't feel inclined to share it, fair enough.

Anyone else?

But yet you inferred that Bob claimed that babies go to hell. Listen to the show for the answer to your question.

What kind of plan or merciful existence or wisdom is involved with a child destined to be murdered in the womb and then face an eternity of punishment?

Where did you get his from? It certainly wasn't from Bob's show.

Granite

Hall of Fame
But yet you inferred that Bob claimed that babies go to hell. Listen to the show for the answer to your question.

No, I didn't--I was putting out a hypothetical. Do you have an opinion of your own to share and discuss or not?

Jukia

Listen to the show! You comment on all of these BEL threads and don't listen to the show. The thread is for discussing the show. If you participate in the thread you should listen to the show. I know it wont change your mind about anything, but at least then its an actual discussion about the topic.

Ah the show has evidence about the age of the universe/earth? That was the basis for my interaction with Lighthouse.

so if you have any evidence you wish me to consider about the age of the universe please provide it. Or be like Stripe and don't. Up to you.

GuySmiley

Ah the show has evidence about the age of the universe/earth? That was the basis for my interaction with Lighthouse.

so if you have any evidence you wish me to consider about the age of the universe please provide it. Or be like Stripe and don't. Up to you.
:doh: Im joining Stripe.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Too much work.

Ah, too bad. No guts, no glory.
No, we're just not dumb enough to refrain from getting a headache when dealing with someone with your level of intellect.*

*for those who are too stupid to get it, I am implying Jukia's intellect is low.

Jukia

Too much work.

No, we're just not dumb enough to refrain from getting a headache when dealing with someone with your level of intellect.*

*for those who are too stupid to get it, I am implying Jukia's intellect is low.

How Christian of you. Is Jesus happy when you write things like that?

But if you have any scientific evidence to put forth for the age of the universe please post it and I promise I will use my weak intellectual powers to try to understand. If it is above me I am sure I can depend on you for a rational explanation.

GuySmiley

Evolutionists will do anything to talk about anything but the topic. :chuckle:

How Christian of you. Is Jesus happy when you write things like that?

But if you have any scientific evidence to put forth for the age of the universe please post it and I promise I will use my weak intellectual powers to try to understand. If it is above me I am sure I can depend on you for a rational explanation.

Jukia

Oh, sorry, guys. You want to stick to the topic? Ok, the topic is the fact that your god kills children. Discuss.

Jukia

Bob's discussion of the topic was interesting right? What was your favorite part?

Based on your question, I felt compelled to listen--and did.

My favorite part? None. How can you have a favorite part when Pastor Bob is attempting to supply a rational basis for the wholesale death of children, either at the direct hand of your god (The Big Flood) or Israelite genocide at his command?

Lets see:
1. your god "owns" his creatures and can do whatever he wishes with them, including killing children thereby bringing them into Paradise (lots of virgins anyone?) where they will have a better chance to choose him and thereby avert the almost certain society induced rebellion they will most likely experience as they grow older.
2. Pain? Not a big deal, it passes and we tend to exaggerate pain anyway. Especially children, after all his son Josiah quickly forgot the pain of medical procedure when he was young, so that pain of drowning and having your throat slit by an Israeli warrior---ah, no big deal.
3. God had/has(?) a good reason for killing the children "of the wicked"---see #1 above.

Once again, after listening to Pastor Bob I need a drink to cleanse my soul. Perhaps I can get a chance to do that at lunch time today. I'll report back, until then it will be difficult for me to think very good thoughts about your "loving" deity. Although perhaps I should thank TOL for once again showing me the moral bankruptcy and irrationality of your particular Biblical take.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Bob's discussion of the topic was interesting right? What was your favorite part?

Do you guys have thoughts of your own?:chuckle:

Jukia's take sounds typical for Enyart. It's the traditional, predictable defenses and justifications used for every single genocide in human history.

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Based on your question, I felt compelled to listen--and did.

:BRAVO:

Finally, an atheist with the beginnings of justification for his response.

First time ever. :chuckle: