When did Jesus know who he was? Recommended reading please...

Adamclewer

Hi all (I'm new),

I am currently in the early stages of researching for my dissertation (BA) with LST. I have proposed the topic, 'The revelation of Jesus as Messiah, Son of the living God – when did Jesus know who he was?'

I'm looking for some reading recommendations. Obviously books/authors fitting for a credible bibliography.

Any suggestions please - thanks!

Flaminggg

BANNED
Banned
(Before Birth ... PAUSE ... and at a certain age around 5 years old, according to the Gospel of Thomas. God does not judge the human experience with a sub-standard, animals don't have souls, and Jesus does not pay for everyone's sin with Joseph the Blessing, with Genetic Dan this is an impossibility. .......................... The Gospel records that Jesus did not ACT (he was aware who he was before, he just did not act), until the was Twelve Years Old, that is when he gave some correction to the congregation ........................ Most Christian Apologetic's promote Islam, that means they have to teach animals have souls, and abortion is murder, when these are not the cases according to the Gospel, 1 Kings 3:16-28. (Aaron and Genetic Dan, are given death sentences by consequences of their War with God, only Aaron the Suckling Child can Repent, God does not appear to enforce the position - commentary in parenthesis ................................. a better argument is to mirror, the point in which Jesus began his Testimony, when he was about 30 years old according to Luke 3:23, in which he ACTED TO JUDGE JOSEPH. Then you can picture Jesus as a fallen angel after the order of Joseph, that is probably more applicable today, you don't have to address the Christian Apologetics directly at all, your decision)

csuguy

Cannonized scripture does not say. However, the story in Luke 2 about Jesus going to the synagogue while his parents were looking all over for him shows that by the time he was 12 he knew he was the Son of God. When they found him and wanted to know why he had ran off, Jesus replied:

Luke 2:49 ... “Why is it that you were looking for Me? Did you not know that I had to be in My Father’s house?”

If you want to dive into Gnosticism, you can find more stories in their writings about Jesus as a child. However, there is very little about Jesus as a child in the cannonical works. Apart from that, there are a number of fictional works on the subject - probably not what you want though.

I'd suggest a different topic. For instance, "What does it mean for Jesus to be the Son of God" - how is this understood in different Christologies (In the Trinity, in Modalism, in Arianism, etc). What does it mean to refer to him to "God the Son" as opposed to the "Son of God?" Consider studying the writings of the early church fathers like Justin Martyr's Dialogue with Trypho and Tertullian's Adversus Praxean.

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/justinmartyr-dialoguetrypho.html

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/tertullian17.html

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If his doings as a child were important, outside of what csuguy posted, then it would be the Holy Bible.

oatmeal

Go to scripture. What God wants us to know on any subject concerning life and godliness, II Peter 1:3-4, will be found in scripture. At the age of 12, Jesus asked,"know ye not I must be about my Father's business?" Luke 2:42,49. All other sources are at best educated speculation. Does God teach us to speculate or to rightly divide the word of truth? II Timothy 2:15. If you base your paper on scripture, it will be very, very short.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
when did Jesus know who he was?

John 1King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

my answer would be - in the beginning

oatmeal

Hi all (I'm new),

I am currently in the early stages of researching for my dissertation (BA) with LST. I have proposed the topic, 'The revelation of Jesus as Messiah, Son of the living God – when did Jesus know who he was?'

I'm looking for some reading recommendations. Obviously books/authors fitting for a credible bibliography.

Any suggestions please - thanks!

Read the scripture