Theology Club: What's the deal with Terence McLean?

musterion

Lots of sound teaching but comes across as terribly bitter. Seems to have an axe to grind against just about everybody, for one reason or another. Just my opinion.

Danoh

Lots of sound teaching but comes across as terribly bitter. Seems to have an axe to grind against just about everybody, for one reason or another. Just my opinion.

That is just how some are within Mid-Acts; they bring that to MAD from where ever they were previously so nasty.

Have met my share over the years.

Every movement has their nasty ol Ruckman types.

Some just hide that part of their personality better than others.

What it all boils down to where such an individual is a Pastor-Teacher, is a willful failure on their part to make the following passage the core of their every word in their dealings with and or about others...

2 Corinthians 1:24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

For such, it is obviously impossible for them to allow themselves to allow others to be where they are.

Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

14:7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 14:8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Of course, the operative principle there is not about different diets; rather about...

Romans 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Romans 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

That is the principle, anyway.

Danoh

Ruckman...forgot about him.

There have been and are other leaders within Mid-Acts who were/are rather strongly nasty individuals when disagreed with.

And they have been the kind of individuals who lie about those who differ with them.

Antidote upon encountering such?

Philippians 1:15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: 1:16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: 1:17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

musterion

He doubled down on the bluntness today...

That explains why we preach the cross and they preach performance: following Jesus, living for Jesus, etc. etc. When dealing with people who think there is only one gospel (plan of salvation) in the Bible, you must realize that you are dealing with unsaved people headed for eternity in hell. They invariably attempt to mix grace with performance, which isn’t possible to do: Ro. 11:6

...and he's right to do it.