What's happening to Trump?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I guess you are saying that God predestined Obama on America as some kind of punishment.

I'd be interested to know what that punishment was for. But more so, why you conclude God has not predestined Trump as some kind of punishment.
You don't believe in God, get lost punk.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
There have been doubts as to the validity of Obama's Christian faith. Obama, himself, once let it slip that he stood by his "Muslim Faith." Someone in the background had to correct him on that. Besides, many people claim to be a Christian, however, in order to consider yourself a 'true believer' one MUST be a member of the "Body of Christ."

For example, Trump says he's a Christian, but he says it's not necessary to ask God for forgiveness, and he says that adultery is not a sin.

Is that what Christians say?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
For example, Trump says he's a Christian, but he says it's not necessary to ask God for forgiveness, and he says that adultery is not a sin.

Know a lot of Christians that waited till marriage? Maybe you do since you're older but it's fairly rare in the last 50 or 60 years.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Far-left wing liberal Dems focus on everything President Trump says, does, and thinks. They only look for supposed, 'Gotcha moments.' These types of people are 'Trump Haters" and will not accept ANYTHING about him. They're extremely angry about Hillary's loss and refuse to accept Trump's Presidency. I find that odd, illogical, childish, and unpatriotic. By the way, I like to refer to Hillary as; "TEFLON HILL."

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian asks:

Trump is as much Christian as you are.

I'm saying that we all need to ask God for forgiveness. And I accept God's word that adultery is a sin. So either I'm wrong, or Trump is wrong. Who do you think is wrong?

You're pretty slick for a wicked catholic.

You're not slick enough to dodge the question. So pick a side and we'll know.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Know a lot of Christians that waited till marriage?

Adultery is what you do when you abandon your marriage vows. It's different and a greater sin than mere fornication.

Maybe you do since you're older but it's fairly rare in the last 50 or 60 years.

So is being faithful to your spouse. But few of us have betrayed three wives, one at a time. That's Trump.

rexlunae

Trump is as much Christian as you are. You're pretty slick for a wicked catholic.

Trump is no sort of Christian. It is always just a little satisfying to see the charlatans around him kiss the ring of power and lay their hands on him and whatnot. Religion is a business, and his Evangelical fixers demonstrate it every chance they can.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Perhaps in the reign of Trump, adultery is no longer seen as an evil act that destroys marriages and families.:idunno:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I can answer that question. No *true* believer would ever say any such thing. To say it's not necessary to ask for forgiveness is the equivalent of saying "I have never done anything to be forgiven for". It's quite apparent that Trump used the label of Christian for no other purpose than receiving votes.

Reactions: Lon

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Trump is no sort of Christian. It is always just a little satisfying to see the charlatans around him kiss the ring of power and lay their hands on him and whatnot. Religion is a business, and his Evangelical fixers demonstrate it every chance they can.
I think Trump believes that Jesus Christ died for his sins, was buried and rose the third day. If he does he's a Christian.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I think Trump believes that Jesus Christ died for his sins, was buried and rose the third day. If he does he's a Christian.

You never can say; only God knows for sure. But someone once said, you need to ask yourself; "if it was illegal to be a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict?"

Trump would be pretty safe, I think.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

It sounds as if you suffer from "Soreloseritis," like the rest of the far-left. Perhaps you can vote for Oprah Winfrey in 2020? Would that make you feel bitter---I mean, better?

Danoh

It's difficult, if not impossible to have reasonable/logical discussions with far-left individuals.' They just can not/will not be 'Intellectually Honest.'

An absolutely hilarious anecdote...

Sometime ago, Gross Nick and I were basically on friendly terms.

Back then, the guy would often comment about how astute my posts were.

One day, I pointed out a mistake he had asserted about something to someone.

A mistake one of his pals had also posted against at some other point, when someone else had also asserted that mistake.

Gross Nick posted taking "great personal umbrage" with having had said error pointed out to him.

We went back and forth via pm.

I try to reason with the guy, to no avail.

The way that always goes when one attempts to reason with an empty shell.

In the end, he misrepresented what went on in our back and forth and put me on ignore.

:chuckle:

It is clear who are the ones actually suffering from Trump derrangment syndrome - the Trump drone.

These are the great voices of reason on this forum.

The irony?

In the Old Testament, whenever the God of Israel would place, or allow to rise to power someone as corrupt and incompetent as Trump has ever proven being; it was as a punishment - not as a blessing - of that nation.

And of that nation...alone, Daniel 2 and especially his prayer in Daniel 9.

But hand in hand with this fool nonsense that "God is behind Trump" is the equal nonsense this country was God inspired.

Which these knuckleheads ought to know by now, is the very Replacement Theology they are ever bashing others on, in other forums on TOL.

Keep that in mind when these knuckleheads assert you merely hate their false idol, simply because you merely do.

The irony of that.

Of the ever bigoted and intolerant so called Right, asserting others are the ones guilty of what is actually said so called Right's...consistent wrong.

Ya can't make this stuff up.

:rotfl: - and then some!