What's happening to Trump?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
1920.jpg

President Donald Trump’s decision to brag in a tweet about the size of his “nuclear button” compared with North Korea’s was widely condemned as bellicose and reckless. The comments are also part of a larger pattern of odd and often alarming behavior for a person in the nation’s highest office.

Trump’s grandiosity and impulsivity has made him a constant subject of speculation among those concerned with his mental health. But after more than a year of talking to doctors and researchers about whether and how the cognitive sciences could offer a lens to explain Trump’s behavior, I’ve come to believe there should be a role for professional evaluation beyond speculating from afar.

I’m not alone. Viewers of Trump’s recent speeches have begun noticing minor abnormalities in his movements. In November, he used his free hand to steady a small Fiji bottle as he brought it to his mouth. Onlookers described the movement as “awkward” and made jokes about hand size. Some called out Trump for doing the exact thing he had mocked Senator Marco Rubio for during the presidential primary—conspicuously drinking water during a speech...Then in December, speaking about his national-security plan in Washington, D.C., Trump reached under his podium and grabbed a glass with both hands. This time he kept them on the glass the entire time he drank, and as he put the glass down. This drew even more attention. The gesture was like that of an extremely cold person cradling a mug of cocoa. Some viewers likened him to a child just learning to handle a cup.

Then there was an incident of slurred speech. Announcing the relocation of the American embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem—a dramatic foreign-policy move—Trump became difficult to understand at a phonetic level, which did little to reassure many observers of the soundness of his decision...The frontal lobes also control speech, and over the years, Donald Trump’s fluency has regressed and his vocabulary contracted. In May of last year, the journalist Sharon Begley at Stat analyzed changes in his speech patterns during interviews over the years.
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/01/trump-cog-decline/548759/

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Does it matter where you put your hands when you hug someone?

Apparently, it does; those women weren't smiling when Trump "hugged" them.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
President Donald Trump’s decision to brag in a tweet about the size of his “nuclear button” compared with North Korea’s was widely condemned as bellicose and reckless.
No surprise, as the shameless leftist media condemns practically every single word Trump says.

Here's the tweet:

"North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un just stated that the '

Nuclear Button is on his desk at all times.' Will someone from his depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a muchbigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!"

Now I ask you, seriously, why on earth would folks be in such an uproar over THAT?
I could imagine a lot of our Presidents saying the same, as Roosevelt, Reagan, Kennedy, etc.
And if Obama or Hillary said it, the left would give them a standing ovation.

Most folks have wised up that just about any news the left reports about Trump is going to be overblown, exaggerated, and automatically negative; and as we have seen, sometimes just flat out fake news.

I'll tell ya what I thought when I read Trump's above tweet .... (and brace yourself because it's gonna be the same reaction a lot of Americans had) ....
I smiled and said "Atta boy!"
I loved it, and I, for one among many, want our nuke button to be bigger and more powerful than anyone else's.

Nevertheless, have a nice day.
:5020:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Nothing is happening to Trump. We are just finding out who Trump really is.

If that were only true. His language has changed over the last few years, showing changes typical in early dementia.

This, along with his tendency to go off at the slightest criticism and counter-attack, is very worrisome.

Zeke

This type of comparison between the corporate players masquerading as opponents is a broken record, its audience likened to wrestling groupies who get an emotional high from following the characters who play act for them.

It's all, from the top down an entertainment industry.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
If that were only true. His language has changed over the last few years, showing changes typical in early dementia.

This, along with his tendency to go off at the slightest criticism and counter-attack, is very worrisome.

He may be developing dementia. He wouldn't be the first president that happened to in office. That said, I think the way he reacts to criticism, his egotistical personality, I think that is who he is. That is his core being.

rexlunae

The reports of him repeating the same set of comments over a reducing number of minutes, that really strikes me as a sign of dementia. I've seen it first hand in other people. I can't imagine that the stress of what he's going through is helping his mental health.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The reports of him repeating the same set of comments over a reducing number of minutes, that really strikes me as a sign of dementia. I've seen it first hand in other people. I can't imagine that the stress of what he's going through is helping his mental health.
Yep, he's just a dotard. Or perhaps he's much smarter than you think. The Swamp is getting restless and agitated, break out of your biased media cocoon.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Whatever is causing these changes, be it dementia or the stress of trying to cope with a job for which he is completely unprepared, it's taking its toll on him.

And this is bad news for America.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
1326-trump-bannon-cartoon-1-30-2017.jpg

Yep, he's just a dotard. Or perhaps he's much smarter than you think. The Swamp is getting restless and agitated, break out of your biased media cocoon.

How smart was it to allow Michael Wolff the unfettered freedom to wander the halls of the west wing of the White House for months, gathering and taping sensitive information - but once the unflattering "Fire and Fury" was published, Tump denies all responsibility for extending special privileges to him, unavailable to members of the Press Corps?