What's Happened To The TOL Topic Of The Day?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Going to be? It's already over a month.

But for a while now, that thread, along with a number of other things at TOL, has felt like an internet equivalent of dust and detritus settling over an abandoned building.

TOL_emptybar.jpg

Whatcha talkin bout Willis?

PureX

I have a phobia of ... escalators. It drives my friends and family bonkers because they ending up waiting for me on the next floor AFTER I have found an elevator or stairs.
I grew up with a kid who lost his big toe to an escalator in a Sears Store.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I always like Shredded Wheat.
It was always, I don't know....different.

my mom used to split them (the big ones that came in packs of three), spread butter on them and grill them in the oven for a few minutes until they were toasty warm and all the butter had melted into them

delicious! :chew:

but that's too much work for me, so i just buy the mini-frosted ones and eat them in a bowl with milk :)

Not sure what would be a good topic. Any suggestions? Anyone?

i like rape

Spoiler

alwight

I have a phobia of ... escalators. It drives my friends and family bonkers because they ending up waiting for me on the next floor AFTER I have found an elevator or stairs.
I wonder if that applies to those inclined travellators (no steps) rather than having those steps that keep appearing like vicious toothed mandibles just as you attempt to stand fully on a step? :shocked:
Otoh if the escalator is switched off can you use them as stairs?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wonder if that applies to those inclined travellators (no steps) rather than having those steps that keep appearing like vicious toothed mandibles just as you attempt to stand fully on a step? :shocked:
Otoh if the escalator is switched off can you use them as stairs?

Of course. It's the fact that they are moving FOR me while I am trying to step on and off.

I am the same way with tread mills or anything that moves while I am attempting to move forward or backwards.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I grew up with a kid who lost his big toe to an escalator in a Sears Store.

Exactly. Could you imagine if someone tripped head first onto the steps?

Well, it certainly won't be me. IF I am going to fall on stairs, it will be the old fashioned kind.