What's cooking?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Next time, I'll try doing it without the sausage. I was craving cream of mushroom soup. This is good for a day like today (our high is 46). And, since I'm not feeling very well today, the soup is good for that reason too.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I agree, soup is great on cold days; for me, any day below 50 degrees is cold.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I know you like cold weather. For me, any cold is hard on me, not feeling cold so much, as having sickness with very little exposure. Hopefully, this will abate if this time, treatment works. I like where I live now and would not like moving to Florida.

Having pork chops tonight with rice and peas.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mushroom soup and cold weather have always had a link for me. I pick morel and other species of mushrooms right at snow line this time of year and again in the spring.

I don't trust myself with mushroom hunting. I am going to try growing some white mushrooms next year though.

Foxfire

I don't trust myself with mushroom hunting. I am going to try growing some white mushrooms next year though.

Yes, if you aren't familiar with them yourself, don't try it unless you are with someone who knows how to identify them.

Morels are pretty distinctive and are about the easiest to identify.

iu

Growing your own mushrooms from a spore culture is a great hobby too!

Foxfire

"Over my dead body!" cookie recipe

There was once a lady that was a notoriously bad cook for the most part. The exception being the wonderfully abundant variety of cookies that she frequently brought to bake sales and social functions of the like.

Whenever anyone inquired as to the secret of her success as a cookie baker, she was known to reply "Over my dead body!"

Sadly, the inevitable came to pass and the lady eventually cast off her mortal shell.

In her will, she left instructions for the following to be engraved on the back of her memorial marker.

1 egg
1/3 cup cooking oil
any cake mix
mix until the consistency of cookie dough
add an extra dribble of oil if needed
spoon dollops onto cookie sheet with tablespoon
Bake 10-15 min @ 375'

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pasta is nowhere near being started. The sauce is on low simmer to let the mushrooms and onions "melt" into it.

bybee

Pasta is nowhere near being started. The sauce is on low simmer to let the mushrooms and onions "melt" into it.

I just had Swedish meatballs and gravy over boiled new potatoes and squash. It is a family favorite.
But I'd be happy to try your Spaghetti....

keypurr

I just had Swedish meatballs and gravy over boiled new potatoes and squash. It is a family favorite.
But I'd be happy to try your Spaghetti....

You had Swedish meatballs and did not invite me?
How could you do that bybee?