ECT What's Actually Bugging IP?

Danoh

From the early days of their movement, Pentecostals—having absorbed fundamentalism’s Biblicism and fascination with the fulfillment of bible prophecy—strongly sympathized with the Zionist Movement. A pro-Zionist perspective is consistently articulated in Pentecostal periodicals from 1908 to 1948. And this showed no signs of abating after 1948. In response to the so called Six Day War of 1967, for instance, the Pentecostal Evangel of the American Assemblies of God published three articles that demonstrate the ongoing currency of Pentecostal Zionism....

The above is from paragraph 8 in the article on the following link (scroll down about half way)

http://aps-journal.com/aps/index.php/APS/article/view/106/103

Here is "another fine mess, you've gotten us into..."

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion...e-statements-about-israel-you-hear-constantly

In other words, it is not the Mads (Acts 9 Dispys/Cessationists) that are actually buggin the guy, rather; the Acts 2 Dispy Pentecostals... (short for gibberish speakers).

Problem is...IP lost the ability to "discern between good and evil" long ago, for the very reason books based cretins do as to the ways of Christ...

Hebrews 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Note: IP recently posted that passage is in Hebrews 4.

andyc

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion...e-statements-about-israel-you-hear-constantly

In other words, it is not the Mads (Acts 9 Dispys/Cessationists) that are actually buggin the guy, rather; the Acts 2 Dispy Pentecostals... (short for gibberish speakers) :chuckle:

Always cracks me up when I see people attack tongues without understanding what they're attacking. Welcome to the strawman. The poor little strawman gets forked over and over again here on TOL.

Tongues is gibberish to the natural mind. Doh! Why didn't someone tell danoh?
Cause he ......well...danoh.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The above is from paragraph 8 in the article on the following link (scroll down about half way)

Here is "another fine mess, you've gotten us into..."

In other words, it is not the Mads (Acts 9 Dispys/Cessationists) that are actually buggin the guy, rather; the Acts 2 Dispy Pentecostals... (short for gibberish speakers).

Problem is...IP lost the ability to "discern between good and evil" long ago, for the very reason books based cretins do as to the ways of Christ...

Hebrews 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Note: IP recently posted that passage is in Hebrews 4.
I knew you would get IP figured out Danoh !!!

Danoh

I knew you would get IP figured out Danoh !!!

Lol; I've been pointing that out to him since before he and I both began posting on TOL.

I pointed out to him countless times BEFORE TOL that Mid-Acts is not only NOT Acts 2 Dispy, but IS Cessationist.

No 1948 to hold to within CONSISTENT Mid-Acts understanding. NONE.

He continues to post his slander anyway.

Even as he holds to 70AD as "the fullfilment of Prophecy..."

HE IS the so called Charismatic "signs" believer :chuckle:

SaulToPaul 2

1 Cor 14
14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

In a church setting, an English speaker praying in Spanish to a bunch of Japanese may be using the gift, but what's the point?

THAT's Paul's point.

andyc

1 Cor 14
14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

In a church setting, an English speaker praying in Spanish to a bunch of Japanese may be using the gift, but what's the point?

THAT's Paul's point.

Praying to a bunch of Japanese? :chuckle:

andyc

1 Corinthians 14:15 What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding.

STP thinks that Paul wants foreigners to understand his singing, even though Paul doesn't have a clue what he's singing about. :chuckle:

SaulToPaul 2

1 Corinthians 14:15 What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding.

STP thinks that Paul wants foreigners to understand his singing, even though Paul doesn't have a clue what he's singing about. :chuckle:

You have zero understanding of the first century!

Why are your tongues 100% unknown and 0% known?

andyc

You have zero understanding of the first century!

Why are your tongues 100% unknown and 0% known?

You mean, why is an interpreter required?
Paul said that when he was in church he would rather speak five words with his understanding, which means he spoke in tongues outside the church. Can you find any scriptural examples where Paul spoke to people in a tongue he never learned, or was he praying to God?

He also said.....

1 Corinthians 14:28 But if there is no interpreter, let him keep silent in church, and let him speak to himself and to God.

Why would people speak to God alone in a language they didn't understand?

STP, stop being hardhearted, you know the gift of tongues has a private use, it's obvious.

john w

Hall of Fame
Not enough Mr. Cookie Bars?

Shamba Lamba Mumbo Gabumbo?

Puh-rayzzzzzzzzzzzz Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd!