ECT What's Actually Bugging IP?

Interplanner

Lol; I've been pointing that out to him since before he and I both began posting on TOL.

I pointed out to him countless times BEFORE TOL that Mid-Acts is not only NOT Acts 2 Dispy, but IS Cessationist.

No 1948 to hold to within CONSISTENT Mid-Acts understanding. NONE.

He continues to post his slander anyway.

Even as he holds to 70AD as "the fullfilment of Prophecy..."

HE IS the so called Charismatic "signs" believer :chuckle:

But I have been through the list of talking points of MAD and the above played no part. It was the multiple gospels, the separation of the church, the fragmentation of the coherence of the NT, etc.

You in particular have a dysfunctional mentality when it comes to proof, about the DofJ. You have concocted your own brew of faith vs sight, which is not about proof. It is about how the OT is fulfilled "in Christ" and his mission vs in Israel. There are proofs both ways, but the NT never meant anything out side of "in Christ."

The thing that bugs me is that belief that the DofJ can possibly be what Christ was speaking of because of "the two towers" left at the temple. 99.9% of it happens , but oh, look, the two towers. Never mind the coherence of that event with Hebrews about what was happening to the old covenant. How many times is God going to go back and forth and back and forth with Israel and then dashing it then restoring it then dashing it? It mocks what happened.

What bugs me is the 'extension of the OT into early Acts' based on as much misunderstanding of Acts 3 as Rom 11.

What bugs me is the absolute absence of comment on Acts 13's vision of all of the above. It is competely unified with early Acts and earlier, but is fractured into Paul material for the nations, not Peter material for the Jews or something.

What bugs me is the idea that Jews and Gentiles are dealt with in either/or conditions. D'ists cannot see unity because they don't do theology "in Christ."

What bugs me is the people who won't go back and read what has now been here 1.5 years. I don't know where their memory is or what they are here for.

I don't know why people would fuss about one kind of gift or sign and not the tons of things that happened in the DofJ as found in Mt24A etc.

john w

Hall of Fame
It was the multiple gospels,..
Yes, we MAD wackos assert, w/o apology, rummy, multiple gospels, more than one piece of good news, in the book. In contrast, because you are a bumbling moron, not knowing what the word "gospel" means, assert "just one piece of good news" in the book, exposing yourself as one who needs to take their seat, having an unteacheable spirit.

Danoh

Just trying to get you to talk about a text or passage, instead of about a person, which has little value on the i.net. I don't see anyway to get you to actually do theological work.

Send PJ a book "about" - at your expense...in honor of Gary Demar :chuckle:

SaulToPaul 2

You mean, why is an interpreter required?
Paul said that when he was in church he would rather speak five words with his understanding, which means he spoke in tongues outside the church. Can you find any scriptural examples where Paul spoke to people in a tongue he never learned, or was he praying to God?

He also said.....

1 Corinthians 14:28 But if there is no interpreter, let him keep silent in church, and let him speak to himself and to God.

Why would people speak to God alone in a language they didn't understand?

STP, stop being hardhearted, you know the gift of tongues has a private use, it's obvious.

Why are your tongues 100% unknown and 0% known?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What bugs me is the people who won't go back and read what has now been here 1.5 years. I don't know where their memory is or what they are here for.

I don't know why people would fuss about one kind of gift or sign and not the tons of things that happened in the DofJ as found in Mt24A etc.

Your abbreviations are lazy and shiftless. What is DofJ? Destruction of Jerusalem? Death of Jesus? Spell it out rummy. You expect people to "go back" and read your material, by searching your 150 threads and trying to decipher your babbling and rambling. I also notice that saint john w can call you names, but I can't ? Rummy

Interplanner

Your abbreviations are lazy and shiftless. What is DofJ? Destruction of Jerusalem? Death of Jesus? Spell it out rummy. You expect people to "go back" and read your material, by searching your 150 threads and trying to decipher your babbling and rambling. I also notice that saint john w can call you names, but I can't ? Rummy

So you have so little attention span you can't even decide about DofJ when the sentence says it happened in 70 AD or that the city was burnt during it?

Try to work on that.

Interplanner

What bugs me: is that two towers and a wall are "lofty" forensic evidence, but 1.5M dead, cannabalism, thermal events, signs in the sky, the voice at the temple, the pretend messiah, the pathetic infighting--no none of that is forensic.

Nor is the babes in Lk 23 who would be adults at the time of the DofJ and suffer it, calling out 'fall on us' to the mountains as the Rev depicted--no the fact that that absolutely locks in what Chris was referring to--that's not forensic.

MAD and 2P2P are drugs.

Danoh

What bugs me: is that two towers and a wall are "lofty" forensic evidence, but 1.5M dead, cannabalism, thermal events, signs in the sky, the voice at the temple, the pretend messiah, the pathetic infighting--no none of that is forensic.

Nor is the babes in Lk 23 who would be adults at the time of the DofJ and suffer it, calling out 'fall on us' to the mountains as the Rev depicted--no the fact that that absolutely locks in what Chris was referring to--that's not forensic.

MAD and 2P2P are drugs.

Luke 19:41 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, 19:42 Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. 19:43 For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, 19:44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

The Wars Of The Jews

Or

The History Of The Destruction Of Jerusalem

Book VII

CONTAINING THE INTERVAL OF ABOUT THREE YEARS.
FROM THE TAKING OF JERUSALEM BY TITUS TO THE SEDITION AT CYRENE
CHAPTER 1.

HOW THE ENTIRE CITY OF JERUSALEM WAS DEMOLISHED, EXCEPTING THREE TOWERS; AND HOW TITUS COMMENDED HIS SOLDIERS IN A SPEECH MADE TO THEM, AND DISTRIBUTED REWARDS TO THEM AND THEN DISMISSED MANY OF THEM.

1. NOW as soon as the army had no more people to slay or to plunder, because there remained none to be the objects of their fury, (for they would not have spared any, had there remained any other work to be done,) Caesar gave orders that they should now demolish the entire city and temple, but should leave as many of the towers standing as were of the greatest eminency; that is, Phasaelus, and Hippicus, and Mariamne; and so much of the wall as enclosed the city on the west side. This wall was spared, in order to afford a camp for such as were to lie in garrison, as were the towers also spared, in order to demonstrate to posterity what kind of city it was, and how well fortified, which the Roman valor had subdued; but for all the rest of the wall, it was so thoroughly laid even with the ground by those that dug it up to the foundation, that there was left nothing to make those that came thither believe it had ever been inhabited. This was the end which Jerusalem came to by the madness of those that were for innovations; a city otherwise of great magnificence, and of mighty fame among all mankind.

Interplanner

Luke 19:41 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, 19:42 Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. 19:43 For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, 19:44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

The Wars Of The Jews

Or

The History Of The Destruction Of Jerusalem

Book VII

CONTAINING THE INTERVAL OF ABOUT THREE YEARS.
FROM THE TAKING OF JERUSALEM BY TITUS TO THE SEDITION AT CYRENE
CHAPTER 1.

HOW THE ENTIRE CITY OF JERUSALEM WAS DEMOLISHED, EXCEPTING THREE TOWERS; AND HOW TITUS COMMENDED HIS SOLDIERS IN A SPEECH MADE TO THEM, AND DISTRIBUTED REWARDS TO THEM AND THEN DISMISSED MANY OF THEM.

1. NOW as soon as the army had no more people to slay or to plunder, because there remained none to be the objects of their fury, (for they would not have spared any, had there remained any other work to be done,) Caesar gave orders that they should now demolish the entire city and temple, but should leave as many of the towers standing as were of the greatest eminency; that is, Phasaelus, and Hippicus, and Mariamne; and so much of the wall as enclosed the city on the west side. This wall was spared, in order to afford a camp for such as were to lie in garrison, as were the towers also spared, in order to demonstrate to posterity what kind of city it was, and how well fortified, which the Roman valor had subdued; but for all the rest of the wall, it was so thoroughly laid even with the ground by those that dug it up to the foundation, that there was left nothing to make those that came thither believe it had ever been inhabited. This was the end which Jerusalem came to by the madness of those that were for innovations; a city otherwise of great magnificence, and of mighty fame among all mankind.

Good for the Romans, and I'm sure it made a TON of difference in what Jesus was saying to have a few bit parts spared. Sort of honor among soldiers.

there was left nothing to make those that came thither believe it had ever been inhabited.

Besides, I'll just quote Lk 23 again, which would be so stupid, wouldn't it?

Interplanner

You guys that do this just have no idea where this goes. So now all the things that are mentioned by Christ have to be recycled and recirculated all over again, because the events of 66+ were 99% of it. all the circumstances have to come back. the Sabbath police etc.

Is God really into doing that level of destruction to the same people all over again? Aren't "two witnesses" enough?

Oh, and then there's that little coincidence--that the letter to the Hebrews 'just happened' to mention the end of the old covenant and the land being burnt at the very same time. Gosh, is that going to be redone, undone, overdone, all over done all over again?

And that Thess remark that the wrath of God was come fully...

Very creative you guys.

Interplanner

there was left nothing to make those that came thither believe it had ever been inhabited.

That's the point. It doesn't matter about your goofy tower.

Besides, I'll just quote Thess 'full wrath' and Lk23's babes-locked-in-time back to you. Which you can do nothing about, so stop.

Danoh

You guys that do this just have no idea where this goes. So now all the things that are mentioned by Christ have to be recycled and recirculated all over again, because the events of 66+ were 99% of it. all the circumstances have to come back. the Sabbath police etc.

Is God really into doing that level of destruction to the same people all over again? Aren't "two witnesses" enough?

Oh, and then there's that little coincidence--that the letter to the Hebrews 'just happened' to mention the end of the old covenant and the land being burnt at the very same time. Gosh, is that going to be redone, undone, overdone, all over done all over again?

And that Thess remark that the wrath of God was come fully...

Very creative you guys.

Name just one Prophecy of the Scripture about Him - in connection with Who He claimed to be - that was not dead center, bulls-eye accurate.

Just one.

Interplanner

Name just one Prophecy of the Scripture about Him - in connection with Who He claimed to be - that was not dead center, bulls-eye accurate.

Just one.

The entry to Jerusalem was the King in his Kingdom. Yes, it was on a colt, and I know of that passage. What I mean is that it was the Kingdom planned all along.

'The government will be on his shoulders.' Well, here it is and it is not a government as we know it.

God and Christ are the temple and the light of the NHNE. It's the same as Eph 2B, which is said to be what the prophets and writings were all about.

None of which has any effect on the weakness of the objection about the towers and the wall. There's still Lk 23 about the babes that become adults, the Thess passage about the complete wrath of God, Mt 23 about the already-come-desolation, Heb 6 about the land being burnt...

Instead you weasle with objections like 'IP thinks we deny that Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD' which has never been addressed that I know of. Why would you take off into that kind of territory, unless your totally stuck with a fraud of a system?