what would u like to see the news cover that is not now covered? t

republicanchick

I would like a story about how the state often takes children away from their parents just b/c... such things as poverty..

and then in a corrupt system, they are able to take the parents' rights and adopt the children out to people with $$

This happens in a lot of different states. I know of 5 where it was happening at least as of a decade ago: CA, NY, AL, TX, OR

we don't have any rights... really scary

sure, if children are being beaten on and sexually molested and it can be proven... they should be removed from the home... but poverty (not have a bedroom for every child, for example) is NOT

should not be anyway

against the law.. and does not harm children.

Heck, I had to share a bedroom w/ my siblings and I turned out OK...

(I know some would disagree that i turned out OK but Hey... at least I am not busting my behind to get to Syria to marry some no longer human monster. )

So, this is 1story I would like to see on the news but never do

I could mention many others... (later, I might)

+++

republicanchick

children are not property

however, if your possessions and your freedom cannot be taken from you w/o due process, neither should your most precious "possession" your children

it should be EXTRMELY rare to lose your children to the... godawful state...

heck, we don't even want a dime going to the... godawful (redundancy alert) state

+

Dennyg1

BANNED
Banned
children are not property

however, if your possessions and your freedom cannot be taken from you w/o due process, neither should your most precious "possession" your children

it should be EXTRMELY rare to lose your children to the... godawful state...

heck, we don't even want a dime going to the... godawful (redundancy alert) state

+

I'm with to a certain extent. But if the parents can't properly feed their children then they aren't fit to raise them. A deficiency of just one of so many different vitamins/minerals can have permanent effects if not taken care of

republicanchick

I'm with to a certain extent. But if the parents can't properly feed their children then they aren't fit to raise them. A deficiency of just one of so many different vitamins/minerals can have permanent effects if not taken care of

that's nuts

if people aren't feeding their children properly and there is no malicious intent involved (as if we can always discern such), they should be taught about nutrition, NOT have their children removed..

the state is too powerful. The Founders never intended for us to live in this kind of Big Brother world...

hey, don't big brothers usually beat up on the little kids??

Scott Walker can cut this monster down to size...

____

republicanchick

Certified, eyewitness verified, unredacted college transcripts.

yeh, good one

aren't all other people's transcripts a matter of public record? OK, maybe not... but someone running for office (in office) should not hide that from the public he supposedly "serves"

++

Dennyg1

BANNED
Banned
that's nuts

if people aren't feeding their children properly and there is no malicious intent involved (as if we can always discern such), they should be taught about nutrition, NOT have their children removed..

the state is too powerful. The Founders never intended for us to live in this kind of Big Brother world...

hey, don't big brothers usually beat up on the little kids??

Scott Walker can cut this monster down to size...

____

They don't have the money to sometimes, even with government help. If a lower class family has 4 or 5 kids in a decade or less then they may not be able to provide for them.

Do you really think it's worth giving a kid a disability? For example, B12 deficiency over several years causes brain damage, muscle atrophy, nervous and immune system weakness, etc. It's not worth it to permanently damage this kid's whole body. I'd bet his parents would agree

republicanchick

They don't have the money to sometimes, even with government help. If a lower class family has 4 or 5 kids in a decade or less then they may not be able to provide for them.

Do you really think it's worth giving a kid a disability? For example, B12 deficiency over several years causes brain damage, muscle atrophy, nervous and immune system weakness, etc. It's not worth it to permanently damage this kid's whole body. I'd bet his parents would agree

don't cry to me when your children or grandchildren are removed for virtually no reason

Dennyg1

BANNED
Banned
don't cry to me when your children or grandchildren are removed for virtually no reason

So you are saying that given the choice between giving your child up and it being perfectly healthy, or permanently damaging it in just about every way, you choose the latter?

That's not love.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I would like a story about how the state often takes children away from their parents just b/c... such things as poverty..

and then in a corrupt system, they are able to take the parents' rights and adopt the children out to people with $$

This happens in a lot of different states. I know of 5 where it was happening at least as of a decade ago: CA, NY, AL, TX, OR

we don't have any rights... really scary

sure, if children are being beaten on and sexually molested and it can be proven... they should be removed from the home... but poverty (not have a bedroom for every child, for example) is NOT

should not be anyway

against the law.. and does not harm children.

Heck, I had to share a bedroom w/ my siblings and I turned out OK...

(I know some would disagree that i turned out OK but Hey... at least I am not busting my behind to get to Syria to marry some no longer human monster. )

So, this is 1story I would like to see on the news but never do

I could mention many others... (later, I might)

+++

--Corporate control of our political process.
--Incisive follow-up questions of our politicians.
--More focus on inclusion and problem-solving
--Teaching accurate history
--Teaching our children emotional health and critical thinking

republicanchick

So you are saying that given the choice between giving your child up and it being perfectly healthy, or permanently damaging it in just about every way, you choose the latter?

That's not love.

when i say such things, then you can accuse me of saying such things. In the mean time, forget you