ECT What the wrath of God can look like

musterion

We all know, generally, how destructive tornadoes can be but I never realized they could be this intense. Given how modern construction, vehicles, large trees and even the ground itself held up to some of these (poorly...wait until you read about the safe), I can now picture how a whirlwind could have affected people during old testament times. Literally nothing would remain.

http://extremeplanet.me/2012/07/01/...est-tornadoes-ever-recorded-damage-intensity/

OCTOBER23

MUSTERDMAN,

YU AINT SEEN NUTHIN YET.

THIS ROCK IS GOING TO ROLL

AND THE WAVES ARE GOING TO ROAR

AND MEN WILL DIE FROM SHORE TO SHORE.

Have a nice day :)

Interplanner

The wrath of God in the final judgement is not events on earth. It is his decision about life or torment.

The Rev was written to help Christians in Judea understand what was happening to their country and how God would lead them out and take care of them. If you get real familiar with Mt 24 you'll see that there are things that have to do with wrath upon Israel in the 1st century for not following Christ, and then there is a later final day of judgement for whole world that doesn't have to do with events on earth. 2 Pet 3 says there is just one intense melt-down event and then the NHNE for those who believe and a very unfortunate outcome for those who do not.

Interplanner

The first page of the Rev says the events are quick, shortly, at hand etc. That is the usual view of the apostles. In fact, Paul did not think there would be any delay after the destruction of Jerusalem (DofJ)--that the worldwide day of judgement would happen 'right after.' His chronicler Luke does not allow for it, and everything Paul says about the day of judgement is quite near.

So, as historian Lattourrette says, the greatest issue the remaining apostles needed to resolve after the DofJ and Masada etc was 'what do we do now that there actually is a delay between the DofJ and the worldwide day of judgement?' Vol 1, p43. They just continued to spread the message of the Gospel, to this day.

No one took the idea of a re-enactment or replication of events in Israel all over again until Irenaeus about 75 years later. You might call him the first futurist. Pop futurism today (Lindsay, LaHaye, D'ists, etc) are wildly out of control in their hermeneutics. They have trampled the most important principle: that the NT determines what the OT meant. Since there are 2500 uses of the OT, it is a huge science.

You can't build doctrine on a few soundbyte verses from people in the 1800s hoping to stop contention between Protestants and Catholics in the UK, even though their intention was honorable.

Ask away; what I've just said needs lots of unpacking. You have to know church history very well.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The first page of the Rev says the events are quick, shortly, at hand etc. That is the usual view of the apostles. In fact, Paul did not think there would be any delay after the destruction of Jerusalem (DofJ)--that the worldwide day of judgement would happen 'right after.' His chronicler Luke does not allow for it, and everything Paul says about the day of judgement is quite near.

So, as historian Lattourrette says, the greatest issue the remaining apostles needed to resolve after the DofJ and Masada etc was 'what do we do now that there actually is a delay between the DofJ and the worldwide day of judgement?' Vol 1, p43. They just continued to spread the message of the Gospel, to this day.

No one took the idea of a re-enactment or replication of events in Israel all over again until Irenaeus about 75 years later. You might call him the first futurist. Pop futurism today (Lindsay, LaHaye, D'ists, etc) are wildly out of control in their hermeneutics. They have trampled the most important principle: that the NT determines what the OT meant. Since there are 2500 uses of the OT, it is a huge science.

You can't build doctrine on a few soundbyte verses from people in the 1800s hoping to stop contention between Protestants and Catholics in the UK, even though their intention was honorable.

Ask away; what I've just said needs lots of unpacking. You have to know church history very well.

View attachment 20090

Bradley D

I have been through two super-typhoons here in the East Central Philippines in 2013 and 2014. But I believe that things will get worse. Not only by nature, but also through humans.

Interplanner

The wrath of God cannot be contained in any human events, guys. That's why the basic NT passages on the 2nd coming are not about certain geo-political events happening on earth.

Don't confuse 1st century Judean events with the day of judgement at the end of time. It is total confusion to do so. The 1st century events in Judea are found in Mt24A, etc.