WHAT THE CHURCH HAS TO LOSE

DougE

It may be desirable for the church, the body, to have the physical blessings given to Israel, but the riches of Christ would be lost.

The church, the body of Christ, in this dispensation has not been given the new covenant, nor in fact, any covenant. If that would be the case, then we need to examine what the new covenant is and how that would affect our understanding of what the church has in Christ.

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

This is the new covenant which God made with the house of Israel, not with the church, the body of Christ.

Ezekiel 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

The body of Christ was not promised a land.

36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

If the church is in the new covenant, then we are declared to be unclean. The church, however has been cleansed in Christ (Ephesians 5:26).

36:28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

The church does not have any fathers and we don't have any land. The church has a position in the heavenly places; being placed in the covenant would rob us of our spiritual blessings (Ephesians 1:3).

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

The times of refreshing is the coming of the Lord. Israel is waiting for their salvation when Christ comes. Saying that the church is under the new covenant denies that the church has forgiveness in Christ now (Ephesians 1:7).

1 Peter 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Israel's salvation is future, and putting the church in the covenant would rob us of the power of God for our salvation which we have now (Romans 1:16).

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Jesus says it is the "covenant unto them", which is Israel, not the church.

God's Truth

It may be desirable for the church, the body, to have the physical blessings given to Israel, but the riches of Christ would be lost.

The church, the body of Christ, in this dispensation has not been given the new covenant, nor in fact, any covenant. If that would be the case, then we need to examine what the new covenant is and how that would affect our understanding of what the church has in Christ.

This is the new covenant which God made with the house of Israel, not with the church, the body of Christ.

You fight against the Truth every step of the way. What does PAUL say?

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Paul is ministering to the GENTILES the NEW COVENANT.

The body of Christ was not promised a land.

The promise is JESUS. The promise is the HOLY SPIRIT. The promise is a HEAVENLY COUNTRY.

NO ONE gets ANY of that UNLESS THEY GET IN THE BODY OF CHRIST.

If the church is in the new covenant, then we are declared to be unclean. The church, however has been cleansed in Christ

THE NEW COVENANT is the COVENANT of the BLOOD.

The blood is for forgiveness of sins.

So what is your problem and misunderstanding about all, Jews and Gentiles being made clean by the Lamb of God?

The church does not have any fathers and we don't have any land.

The ONLY LAND THAT MATTERS IS THE HEAVENLY COUNTRY.

Hebrews 11:16 Instead, they were longing for a better country--a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

The church has a position in the heavenly places; being placed in the covenant would rob us of our spiritual blessings

NO WAY how do you EVER get that?

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

The times of refreshing is the coming of the Lord.

That is about Jesus coming the first time! AND, it is about Jesus coming to live in your heart that is the refreshing.

Israel is waiting for their salvation when Christ comes. Saying that the church is under the new covenant denies that the church has forgiveness in Christ now

WHAT?!!!
Israel's salvation is future, and putting the church in the covenant would rob us of the power of God for our salvation which we have now

JESUS COMES as a THIEF in the NIGHT and ALL RACES of people, ALL NATIONALITIES, JEW or Gentiles better already be saved and their sins forgiven BEFORE Jesus comes again.

Jesus says it is the "covenant unto them", which is Israel, not the church.

The BLOOD of JESUS IS THE COVENANT.

If you are not in the covenant of his blood---then you are not saved, and your sins are not forgiven, and it is to JEW AND GENTILE.

Right Divider

Body part
That is about Jesus coming the first time! AND, it is about Jesus coming to live in your heart that is the refreshing.
That is just plain dumb.

Act 3:19 KJV Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Can you not read English?

"WHEN the times of refreshing SHALL COME"... that's FUTURE TENSE.

God's Truth

That is just plain dumb.

Can you not read English?

"WHEN the times of refreshing SHALL COME"... that's FUTURE TENSE.

THAT IS OLD TESTAMENT!!! PETER is EXPLAINING that the times of refreshing were about JESUS, and JESUS CAME and they KILLED HIM.

You want to talk about dumb?!

There is something more than just dumbness going on with people such as yourself, and it is serious.

Right Divider

Body part
THAT IS OLD TESTAMENT!!! PETER is EXPLAINING that the times of refreshing were about JESUS, and JESUS CAME and they KILLED HIM.

Peter's statement is FUTURE TENSE... it's about Christ's RETURN not His earthly ministry to Israel.

The "times of refreshing" is when Christ RESTORES the kingdom to Israel (Acts 1:6).

God's Truth

Peter's statement is FUTURE TENSE... it's about Christ's RETURN not His earthly ministry to Israel.

The "times of refreshing" is when Christ RESTORES the kingdom to Israel (Acts 1:6).

Peter is TALKING ABOUT WHAT THE OLD TESTAMENT SAID!!!

Old Testament is past the New Testament IS THE FUTURE.

God's Truth

No, he's NOT!!! That's nonsense that you've made up to try to CHANGE what the Bible says. You do it all the time.

Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

We can see from the scriptures that speaking in tongues was prophesied about in the Old Testament, that the Lord would speak to the Jews, as stated in Isaiah 28. In the New Testament, we can see that this is a fulfilled prophecy, as confirmed by Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 14:21.

It is a time of refreshing when one is saved. We must be saved before Jesus comes again.

Right Divider

Body part
Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
Word search.... This proves NOTHING. You are just proving that you do not understand the scripture.

That is NOT the same "refreshing" as in Acts. You are using the scripture FALSELY to LIE.

We can see from the scriptures that speaking in tongues was prophesied about in the Old Testament, that the Lord would speak to the Jews, as stated in Isaiah 28. In the New Testament, we can see that this is a fulfilled prophecy, as confirmed by Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 14:21.
You think that Jesus spoke in tongues?

It is a time of refreshing when one is saved. We must be saved before Jesus comes again.
:juggle:

The "times of refreshing" in Acts is about the restoration of the kingdom of Israel at the Lord's RETURN.

The language is CLEARLY and UNEQUIVOCALLY FUTURE TENSE.
Act 3:19-21 KJV Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (20) And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: (21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
ALL FUTURE TENSE to any that is not trying to pervert the text into their own personal fairy tale.

God's Truth

Word search.... This proves NOTHING. You are just proving that you do not understand the scripture.

That is NOT the same "refreshing" as in Acts. You are using the scripture FALSELY to LIE.

You think that Jesus spoke in tongues?

:juggle:

The "times of refreshing" in Acts is about the restoration of the kingdom of Israel at the Lord's RETURN.

The language is CLEARLY and UNEQUIVOCALLY FUTURE TENSE.

ALL FUTURE TENSE to any that is not trying to pervert the text into their own personal fairy tale.

You reject the Truth and mock God.

God's Truth

I reject YOU and listen to God.

That is not true, for I gave you scripture, and you laugh and mock it saying did Jesus speak in tongues, and saying I did a word search.

YOU REJECT THE TRUTH AND MOCK GOD.
If you cannot tell that Acts 3:19-21 is FUTURE TENSE.... that is your own personal problem.

Peter was speaking about what the OLD TESTAMENT said. The Old Testament is the past. The Old Testament is past and spoke about the future and Peter explained that it is about Jesus.

Jesus gave the promised Holy Spirit and people spoke in tongues as the sign to the Jews that the TIMES OF REFRESHING HAD COME AND IT IS THROUGH JESUS.

Right Divider

Body part
That is not true, for I gave you scripture, and you laugh and mock it saying did Jesus speak in tongues, and saying I did a word search.
A WORD SEARCH for the same English word proves nothing, except the extent which you'll go to TWIST the scripture in a vain attempt to support your perverted fairy tale of a theology.

YOU REJECT THE TRUTH AND MOCK GOD.
No, I REJECT YOU and completely affirm the Bible AS WRITTEN.

Peter was speaking about what the OLD TESTAMENT said. The Old Testament is the past. The Old Testament is past and spoke about the future and Peter explained that it is about Jesus.
NO, he is NOT. He is speaking the the FUTURE TENSE about the return of the LORD.

Jesus gave the promised Holy Spirit and people spoke in tongues as the sign to the Jews that the TIMES OF REFRESHING HAD COME AND IT IS THROUGH JESUS.
Perversion of the truth is called A LIE.

God's Truth

A WORD SEARCH for the same English word proves nothing, except the extent which you'll go to TWIST the scripture in a vain attempt to support your perverted fairy tale of a theology.

No, I REJECT YOU and completely affirm the Bible AS WRITTEN.

NO, he is NOT. He is speaking the the FUTURE TENSE about the return of the LORD.

Perversion of the truth is called A LIE.

Nothing but worthless insults and mere denial and rejection of the truth.

God's Truth

I REJECT YOU and completely affirm the Bible AS WRITTEN.

No, you go AGAINST THE SCRIPTURES that I give and you demean them by saying I did a word search!!!

Take responsibility for what you do, because NOTHING will get past God who says EVERYTHING YOU SAY AND DO---you will be held responsible for.

Now think again: I gave you scripture from the OLD TESTAMENT about a time of REFRESHING, and I GAVE YOU NEW TESTAMENT SCRIPTURE THAT QUOTES THAT SAME OLD TESTAMENT SCRIPTURE, and YOU DISMISSED IT ALL And MOCKED it!

You tossed it aside and trampled it by saying it is word search.

You wrote it off by mocking it by asking if JESUS SPOKE IN TONGUES.

Right Divider

Body part
No, you go AGAINST THE SCRIPTURES that I give and you demean them by saying I did a word search!!!
You did. Your Isaiah passage had nothing to do with Peter's statements in Acts.

Take responsibility for what you do, because NOTHING will get past God who says EVERYTHING YOU SAY AND DO---you will be held responsible for.
Ditto... your obsessive lying will catch up with you.

Now think again: I gave you scripture from the OLD TESTAMENT about a time of REFRESHING, and I GAVE YOU NEW TESTAMENT SCRIPTURE THAT QUOTES THAT SAME OLD TESTAMENT SCRIPTURE, and YOU DISMISSED IT ALL And MOCKED it!
Peter was talking about FUTURE events... ALL of the language used by Peter in Acts 3:19-21 is FUTURE TENSE. That you cannot understand plain language is your problem. Your fairy tale forced upon the scripture is ridiculous.

Act 3:19-21 KJV Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (20) And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: (21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
"when... SHALL come"
"he SHALL send"
"UNTIL the times"

ALL FUTURE!!

In Peters first epistle, he also makes it clear that he is talking about a FUTURE salvation.

1Pe 1:5 KJV Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

You tossed it aside and trampled it by saying it is word search.
It was.

You wrote it off by mocking it by asking if JESUS SPOKE IN TONGUES.
It was an honest question based on your post.