ECT what say Madist about this scripture ?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Holy Spirit works through humans in baptizing in water expressing faith in Jesus' death, burial, resurrection.

If you haven't been baptized in water then you haven't died to walk in newness of life with Christ.

Romans 6:4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.​

There's only "ONE" baptism today, and that is when the Holy Spirit baptizes a believer into the Body of Christ.

Danoh

Does someone not realize house arrest is imprisonment? Does someone think there is a bunch of time between the 2 years at the last paragraph and his death? How many letters mention death being near? 2 (Phil and 2 Tim). I'm just wondering what internal evidence there is for what happened to him after the 2 years.

So what's your take on when Paul wrote what are often referred to as his Post Acts Epistles?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There's only "ONE" baptism today, and that is when the Holy Spirit baptizes a believer into the Body of Christ.

The Holy Spirit baptizes a person into the church of God through a human being who immerses the person into water symbolizing death, burial, resurrection.

Acts9:17-18 And Ananias went his way and entered the house and laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.”

Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales and he received his sight at once, and he arose and was baptized.​

Paul was baptized but he received the Holy Spirit before he was baptized.

SaulToPaul 2

Does someone not realize house arrest is imprisonment? Does someone think there is a bunch of time between the 2 years at the last paragraph and his death? How many letters mention death being near? 2 (Phil and 2 Tim). I'm just wondering what internal evidence there is for what happened to him after the 2 years.

House arrest nonwithstanding, we must carry on the gospel event from beginning to end without moving the goal posts, and without falling back into carnal Judaic shortsighted episodes which turn into concupisence and discombobulate the NHNE event.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Holy Spirit baptizes a person into the church of God through a human being who immerses the person into water symbolizing death, burial, resurrection.
Acts9:17-18 And Ananias went his way and entered the house and laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.”

Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales and he received his sight at once, and he arose and was baptized.​

Then why did God not send Paul to baptize? Why did Cornelius and his family receive the Spirit before water baptism?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Then why did God not send Paul to baptize?

Why did Cornelius and his family receive the Spirit before water baptism?

Paul was an apostle, pastors baptize.

Cornelius was a Gentile and God wanted there to be no misunderstanding ethnicity was not a factor in the church. This was a new concept for Christians coming from a Jewish background.

Acts 15:7-9 And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them, “Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit just as He did to us and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.​

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Paul was an apostle, pastors baptize.
What were the 12? Jesus sent them to baptize? So why not Paul?

Did Jesus baptize anyone?

Before Jesus sent the 12 who baptized, and were they pastors?

Cornelius was a Gentile and God wanted there to be no misunderstanding ethnicity was not a factor in the church. This was a new concept for Christians coming from a Jewish background.
And yet they still received the Spirit before they were baptized with water?

Acts 15:7-9 And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them, “Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit just as He did to us and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

And why was this a big deal? also, why did Peter say this at this time?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The first few years of NT church the Twelve remained in Jerusalem with James becoming the pastor. Then the Twelve went to the scattered tribes.

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, [Jesus]“All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”[/Jesus]
-Matthew 28:18-20

According to this they were supposed to go into the world and baptize.

Are you saying the Great Commission wasn't meant as I've always been taught? Are you saying it isn't applicable to us? To Paul?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Are you a Lutheran or Methodist?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If the Great Commission doesn't apply now and we are under the same dispensation as Peter you are the one who needs to explain.

I didn't say Jesus' instructions don't apply, I believe they do. Jesus predicted the kingdom of God will be preached as a witness to the world before the end of this age.

You have almost 20,000 posts so I doubt there is anything I can say that you haven't already heard.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I didn't say Jesus' instructions don't apply, I believe they do. Jesus predicted the kingdom of God will be preached as a witness to the world before the end of this age.
So the Great Commission does apply?

You have almost 20,000 posts so I doubt there is anything I can say that you haven't already heard.
That's not counting the ones that got cut from the old days.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So the Great Commission does apply?

1 Peter 3:15 KJV But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.​

Those whom God is calling will do two things: they will ask questions with an open mind, and they will verify your answers with scripture.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
1 Peter 3:15 KJV But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.​

Those whom God is calling will do two things: they will ask questions with an open mind, and they will verify your answers with scripture.
Are you going to answer the question?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you going to answer the question?

Yes, we should make disciples, baptize them in the name of Jesus Christ and teach them the NT.

This applies until the end of this age and then we will await further instructions.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Yes, we should make disciples, baptize them in the name of Jesus Christ and teach them the NT.

This applies until the end of this age and then we will await further instructions.
How does it apply to us and not to Paul?