ECT what say Madist about this scripture ?

Interplanner

Lighthouse wrote:
I never said He did. But I do know that He did not come for he Gentiles and when He told the 12 to go preach the gospel before the cross He told them not to go to Gentiles.

In a way you're right, but not for the reason you think. It wasn't 'dispensationalism'. Or a 2nd program. It was because he was raising missionaries to go to the nations from among the Jews with the objective of getting them to quit the revolt, for if they had they would be doing the mission of Christ and save their country.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Lighthouse wrote:
I never said He did. But I do know that He did not come for he Gentiles and when He told the 12 to go preach the gospel before the cross He told them not to go to Gentiles.

In a way you're right, but not for the reason you think. It wasn't 'dispensationalism'. Or a 2nd program. It was because he was raising missionaries to go to the nations from among the Jews with the objective of getting them to quit the revolt, for if they had they would be doing the mission of Christ and save their country.
Wrong IP

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Do you not know how to use the quote function, or the @ symbol?

Anyway, I didn't say it had anything to do with dispensationalism. You should really not assume. I actually agree with you on His intention here.

dodge

If you would humble yourself, and climb down from your lofty perch, and read the scriptures along with Les and reason together with him, you just might learn a few things from that humble amateur.

Could you try that?

STP, you do not believe it is dangerous to reason with men ? I understand your point as in iron sharpens iron, but if one believes the other has changed the context of God's word I would suggest to take that up with the Lord as (through reading His word and praying over the matter) He instructed not with other men.

Isa 1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Ac28

"Was Colossians 1:26-27 taught by Peter and the rest? Or, was it just taught by Paul?"

It was taught by all of Jesus' apostles.
Chapter and verse, please?

All of what Paul taught to Gentiles was known only by Paul, through the continuous series of revelations he received through Christ and/or the Holy Spirit, none of which were received by the 12, taught to the 12, or delivered by the 12. Since the 12, who preached only to Israel, had no ministry after Israel was set aside in Acts 28:28, Colossians, which was written after Acts 28:28, couldn't have been taught by the 12. Impossible.

Danoh

Hey, Ac, again - GREAT to have you over here!

Interplanner is formerly of that other forum.

Boy do we Dispys have fun on here at his Preterist expense, lol.

Much more leeway over here.

Say, what is your take on the meaning of the last part of...

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Thanks, bro.

whitestone

All of what Paul taught to Gentiles was known only by Paul, through the continuous series of revelations he received through Christ and/or the Holy Spirit, none of which were received by the 12, taught to the 12, or delivered by the 12. Since the 12, who preached only to Israel, had no ministry after Israel was set aside in Acts 28:28, Colossians, which was written after Acts 28:28, couldn't have been taught by the 12. Impossible.

there you go,lots of time between 9-15 and Acts 28...

Ac28

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Thanks, bro.
Whoever they are, I can't really see them being the 12. Some that worked with Paul were called apostles, like Barnabas, Andronicus, Junia, and, probably, others. I have no idea who the prophets were.

Why don't you show me who those apostles and prophets were?

Last edited:

Danoh

Whoever they are, I can't really see them being the 12. Some that worked with Paul were called apostles, like Barnabas, Andronicus, Junia, and, probably, others. I have no idea who the prophets were.

I asked because you have greatly impressed me over time as being VERY knowledgeable in the Acts 28 Perspective (A28D)

I take it A28D either does not have a view on that part of that passage, or you do not hold to it?

Just curious. Thanks.

john w

Hall of Fame
Because they did not understand does not mean it was not taught by scripture and by Jesus.

Not understood but in scripture and taught by Jesus.

The DBR was hid from the 12, until late in the Master's ministry. Peter twice attempted to prevent His death, the very basis for his reconciliation. The 12 initially denied that He had risen from the dead. And yet, during the time it was hid, the 12, including Judas, were preaching, for almost 3 years, the gospel/good news of the kingdom. Thus, the gospel/good news of the kingdom, was void the DBR, and is not equivalent to the good gospel/good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

A 6 year old "gets" this, can see it. Most members of the boc, however, such as DodgeBall, log in, and lose their mind, when presented with these simple, understandable facts, kick their heels, grind their teeth, and have a tantrum.

Danoh

The DBR was hid from the 12, until late in the Master's ministry. Peter twice attempted to prevent His death, the very basis for his reconciliation. The 12 initially denied that He had risen from the dead. And yet, during the time it was hid, the 12, including Judas, were preaching, for almost 3 years, the gospel/good news of the kingdom. Thus, the gospel/good news of the kingdom, was void the DBR, and is not equivalent to the good gospel/good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

A 6 year old "gets" this, can see it. Most members of the boc, however, such as DodgeBall, log in, and lose their mind, when presented with these simple, understandable facts, kick their heels, grind their teeth, and have a tantrum.

Sorry, JohnW, too late; I've already name him "dodge the truth" :chuckle:

Danoh

STP, you do not believe it is dangerous to reason with men ? I understand your point as in iron sharpens iron, but if one believes the other has changed the context of God's word I would suggest to take that up with the Lord as (through reading His word and praying over the matter) He instructed not with other men.

Isa 1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

No, would be artful dodger- you are the one dodging the issue of context.

Get outta dodge, son - get in the Truth.

In short, quit being so...dodgy.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Thanks, bro.

Why don't you show me who those apostles and prophets were?

Act 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

Danoh

Act 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

Yep.

Still, I was just curious about the AD28 view on that, as they might not hold to Acts 13, or say 1 Cor. 12-14, etc., on that.

Thanks, you're practically in my league :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul explained that there is only one body and that is the church of God.

A person becomes a member of the church by repentance, baptism for the remission of sins, and receiving God's Spirit.

Paul taught the same message because Christ gave him the same message as he had given to Simon Peter.

Simon is one of the ones to whom the keys to the kingdom were given to.

The ONLY baptism for today in this Dispensation of Grace is when the Holy Spirit baptizes someone into the "Body of Christ." It has NOTHING to do with water baptism. It is a Spiritual procedure.