ECT what say Madist about this scripture ?

Danoh

The ONLY baptism for today in this Dispensation of Grace is when the Holy Spirit baptizes someone into the "Body of Christ." It has NOTHING to do with water baptism. It is a Spiritual procedure.

Yep.

1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yep.

1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Good post.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The ONLY baptism for today in this Dispensation of Grace is when the Holy Spirit baptizes someone into the "Body of Christ." It has NOTHING to do with water baptism. It is a Spiritual procedure.

The Holy Spirit works through humans in baptizing in water expressing faith in Jesus' death, burial, resurrection.

If you haven't been baptized in water then you haven't died to walk in newness of life with Christ.

Romans 6:4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.​

dodge

No, would be artful dodger- you are the one dodging the issue of context.

Get outta dodge, son - get in the Truth.

In short, quit being so...dodgy.

Your response was to this post I made :
Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
STP, you do not believe it is dangerous to reason with men ? I understand your point as in iron sharpens iron, but if one believes the other has changed the context of God's word I would suggest to take that up with the Lord as (through reading His word and praying over the matter) He instructed not with other men.

Isa 1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Really ! It is a dodge to reason with God as HE instructed us to do ?

Do you even read or think about your responses , or is all your responses filtered through the false beliefs of MAD ?

dodge

The Holy Spirit works through humans in baptizing in water expressing faith in Jesus' death, burial, resurrection.

If you haven't been baptized in water then you haven't died to walk in newness of life with Christ.

Romans 6:4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.​

Seems like the Madist will use any excuse, reason, and or yanking of scripture out of context to have a reason to ignore and disobey what Jesus and the Apostles actually taught.

Ac28

I asked because you have greatly impressed me over time as being VERY knowledgeable in the Acts 28 Perspective (A28D)

I take it A28D either does not have a view on that part of that passage, or you do not hold to it?

Just curious. Thanks.
I spent a little time looking in Welch and Allen without much luck. I gave all my Oscar Baker books to my nephew a couple of weeks ago and haven't replaced them yet - there's probably something in one of those. I would imagine though, that they will come up with the same names we and Steko did. In the grave (hades) of my ancient memory, I seem to remember that being the case.

Danoh

I spent a little time looking in Welch and Allen without much luck. I gave all my Oscar Baker books to my nephew a couple of weeks ago and haven't replaced them yet - there's probably something in one of those. I would imagine though, that they will come up with the same names we and Steko did. In the grave (hades) of my ancient memory, I seem to remember that being the case.

Or you could borrow a copy from one of the Almost 28ers on here :chuckle:

Ac28

I asked because you have greatly impressed me over time as being VERY knowledgeable in the Acts 28 Perspective (A28D)

I take it A28D either does not have a view on that part of that passage, or you do not hold to it?

Just curious. Thanks.
Danoh, my friend and brother in Christ,

Might as well get right with it.

I really do appreciate what you've said but I don't know how to react. I'm just an old ordinary guy that has a passion for knowing what is the truth of the Bible, just like you and most other MADs. Actually, MADs and Ac28ers are not that far apart. Even I was a MAD when I was a babe in Christ 30 yrs ago (Ac13, E.C.Moore - see youtube). I've always felt that MADs are the 2nd most knowledgeable group on the planet. When you debate us, though, you can no longer use the "try the things that differ" ploy. Instead, you will have to prove that "the things are the same" - is there any scripture that tells one to do that? I'll be in the scriptural "try the things that differ" seat.

You do, of course, realize that both Philippians 1:10 and 2 Timothy 2:15 are in Paul's prison epistles. You know, the epistles that say we are already seated Far Above All Heavens and have been since before the creation. The ones that say we are involved in the appearing, but not the rapture, whether pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib, or whatever. Those 2 verses, 1 Phil 1:10 (try the things that differ) and 2 Tim 2:15 (rightly divide the Word of Truth) are in the prison epistles because this is the only time in the Bible where right division is necessary and the only purpose I can think of for it now is to rightly divide Paul's epistles. That's the only reason those 2 verses exist. The reason those 2 verses didn't appear in Paul's Acts epistles is because there there was nothing then that needed divided. Everything was 100% Israel from Gen 12 through Acts 28:28. Everything now is 100% Gentile.

Last edited:

Interplanner

I really do appreciate what you've said but I don't know how to react. I'm just an old ordinary guy that has a passion for knowing what is the truth of the Bible, just like you and most other MADs. Actually, MADs and Ac28ers are not that far apart. Even I was a MAD when I was a babe in Christ 30 yrs ago (Ac13, E.C.Moore - see youtube). I've always felt that MADs are the 2nd most knowledgeable group on the planet. When you debate us, though, you can no longer use the "try the things that differ" ploy. Instead, you will have to prove that "the things are the same" - is there any scripture that tells one to do that? We'll in the scriptural "try the things that differ" seat.

You do, of course, realize that both Philippians 1:10 and 2 Timothy 2:15 are in Paul's prison epistles. You know, the epistles that say we are already seated Far Above All Heavens and have been since before the creation. The ones that say we are involved in the appearing, but not the rapture, whether pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib. Those 2 verses, 1 Phil 1:10 (try the things that differ) and 2 Tim 2:15 (rightly divide the Word of Truth) are in the prison epistles because this is the only time in the Bible where right division is necessary - gotta rightly divide Paul's epistles. The reason those 2 verses didn't appear in Paul's Acts epistles is because there there was nothing then that needed divided. Everything was 100% Israel from Gen 12 through Acts 28:28. Everything now is 100% Gentile.

"Everything is 100% Gentile now" is flat out lie. Rom 11:30. Everything is 100% in and through Christ OR NOT.

Ac28

"Everything is 100% Gentile now" is flat out lie. Rom 11:30. Everything is 100% in and through Christ OR NOT.
Romans does not apply, dispensationally, to anyone living today. We are now living under Paul's post-Acts epistles, in a period where even the Jews are Gentiles.

Danoh

Romans does not apply, dispensationally, to anyone living today. We are now living under Paul's post-Acts epistles, in a period where even the Jews are Gentiles.

If you say so...

I mean, that's proof enough; right?

:chuckle:

Danoh

Danoh, my friend and brother in Christ,

I really do appreciate what you've said but I don't know how to react. I'm just an old ordinary guy that has a passion for knowing what is the truth of the Bible, just like you and most other MADs. Actually, MADs and Ac28ers are not that far apart. Even I was a MAD when I was a babe in Christ 30 yrs ago (Ac13, E.C.Moore - see youtube). I've always felt that MADs are the 2nd most knowledgeable group on the planet. When you debate us, though, you can no longer use the "try the things that differ" ploy. Instead, you will have to prove that "the things are the same" - is there any scripture that tells one to do that? I'll be in the scriptural "try the things that differ" seat.

You do, of course, realize that both Philippians 1:10 and 2 Timothy 2:15 are in Paul's prison epistles. You know, the epistles that say we are already seated Far Above All Heavens and have been since before the creation. The ones that say we are involved in the appearing, but not the rapture, whether pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib, or whatever. Those 2 verses, 1 Phil 1:10 (try the things that differ) and 2 Tim 2:15 (rightly divide the Word of Truth) are in the prison epistles because this is the only time in the Bible where right division is necessary and the only purpose I can think of for it now is to rightly divide Paul's epistles. That's the only reason those 2 verses exist. The reason those 2 verses didn't appear in Paul's Acts epistles is because there there was nothing then that needed divided. Everything was 100% Israel from Gen 12 through Acts 28:28. Everything now is 100% Gentile.

That is just your say so, bro.

There is plenty of need to distinguish between truth and truth THROUGHOUT the OT.

Back then, for example, should an Israelite have said "well, I like bacon - I'll go by the any beast I can catch diet described earlier - in Genesis 11" he would NOT have been rightly laying out their Word of Truth then, as to Distinctions Between Two Different Truths.

And Phil 1:10 is not talking about the same thing as 2 Tim. 2:15.

:)

Ac28

That is just your say so, bro.

There is plenty of need to distinguish between truth and truth THROUGHOUT the OT.

Back then, for example, should an Israelite have said "well, I like bacon - I'll go by the any beast I can catch diet described earlier - in Genesis 11" he would NOT have been rightly laying out their Word of Truth then, as to Distinctions Between Two Different Truths.

And Phil 1:10 is not talking about the same thing as 2 Tim. 2:15.

:)
What does "try the things that differ" mean if it's not concerning the Word of Truth? I would think that Stam would agree.

Interplanner

Paul's POST Acts writings.

Does someone not realize house arrest is imprisonment? Does someone think there is a bunch of time between the 2 years at the last paragraph and his death? How many letters mention death being near? 2 (Phil and 2 Tim). I'm just wondering what internal evidence there is for what happened to him after the 2 years.

Danoh

Does someone not realize house arrest is imprisonment? Does someone think there is a bunch of time between the 2 years at the last paragraph and his death? How many letters mention death being near? 2 (Phil and 2 Tim). I'm just wondering what internal evidence there is for what happened to him after the 2 years.

That is one heck of a great Mid-Acts like point!

But ask Ac28 (Acts 28 Position) or heir and STP (Almost Acts 28 Position), they're the ones who hold to what you just now posted against.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Seems like the Madist will use any excuse, reason, and or yanking of scripture out of context to have a reason to ignore and disobey what Jesus and the Apostles actually taught.

Plainly said: "You just don't have the ability to 'Rightly Divide" the word of God." That's a BIG problem for you.