ECT What Mystery??

Interplanner

Give us some scripture, or are you afraid. My personal comments are well received, especially about you. You can't post scripture like everybody else. Start with Acts 13 and show your proof.

I just did a 6 point outline of Acts 13 and no one said a thing.

btw, since when was Acts 13 "not scripture"? What a concept. D'ism and 2P2P cannot survive any sensible reading of Acts 13's sermon and 26's hearing together.

SaulToPaul 2

I just did a 6 point outline of Acts 13 and no one said a thing.

btw, since when was Acts 13 "not scripture"? What a concept. D'ism and 2P2P cannot survive any sensible reading of Acts 13's sermon and 26's hearing together.

I agree with you, as the carnal mindedness of D'ism like the Pharasiacals before them, miss the gospel event in lieu of this idea of a fantastical physical kingdom which in light of Acts 13 and the NHNE seems preposterous...and 2 Peter as well. 2P2P has no legs in which they are left to stand upon, in light of how the NT interprets the coming messiah.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
David's throne is a throne over Israel. Jesus is sitting on the throne over Israel, and over all creation.

In order to believe that, one would have to impose a foreign or made up definition of the terms 'Israel' and 'David's throne' on Scripture.
Since Scripture itself doesn't do this then the one who does this is guilty of perverting the Scriptures.
Therefore, I could not agree with you or anyone else who twists the Scriptures in such manner.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I agree with you, as the carnal mindedness of D'ism like the Pharasiacals before them, miss the gospel event in lieu of this idea of a fantastical physical kingdom which in light of Acts 13 and the NHNE seems preposterous...and 2 Peter as well. 2P2P has no legs in which they are left to stand upon, in light of how the NT interprets the coming messiah.
:rotfl:

God's Truth

Does this include you?

Men of the stock of Abraham and whosover among you (in a synagogue) feareth God, to YOU is the word of this salvation sent.

How about God fearing Gentiles? How about all who fear God and do what is right?

Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

God's Truth

In order to believe that, one would have to impose a foreign or made up definition of the terms 'Israel' and 'David's throne' on Scripture.
No, not made up, only Spiritual, and that is all that matters.

Since Scripture itself doesn't do this then the one who does this is guilty of perverting the Scriptures.
Therefore, I could not agree with you or anyone else who twists the Scriptures in such manner.

You miss what is spiritual for what is earthy. The Jews did the same thing when they missed their Messiah, and still do.

God's Truth

The earthy land, the earthy land, human descendants of Abraham...what don't you get about since Jesus---those things do not matter anymore.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Right, the biggest mistake D'ism makes is not taking Acts 13 in context and not accepting the DofJ. 2P2P certainly can't stand if you interpret the audacity of a NHNE !!

SaulToPaul 2

Right, the biggest mistake D'ism makes is not taking Acts 13 in context and not accepting the DofJ. 2P2P certainly can't stand if you interpret the audacity of a NHNE !!

Finally you are getting it. I recommend Holford in furthering your newfound understanding.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

That is simply your assertion with no proof.

Spiritualizing Biblical terms is the same as changing the inherent definition of Biblical terms.

You miss what is spiritual for what is earthy. The Jews did the same thing when they missed their Messiah, and still do.

I don't miss what GOD has promised irrevocably.

The Jews during Christ's earthly ministry were not wrong about the Davidic Kingdom of Heaven according to prophecy. They were blind concerning Messiah's sufferings before the glory that would follow. They were hardhearted and unrepentant which kept them from receiving their promised Messiah. They were not wrong about the earthly kingdom which GOD had promised and which was stated to be 'at hand' by John the Baptist, the Lord and His disciples.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

That is simply your assertion with no proof.

Spiritualizing Biblical terms is the same as changing the inherent definition of Biblical terms.

I don't miss what GOD has promised irrevocably.

The Jews during Christ's earthly ministry were not wrong about the Davidic Kingdom of Heaven according to prophecy. They were blind concerning Messiah's sufferings before the glory that would follow. They were hardhearted and unrepentant which kept them from receiving their promised Messiah. They were not wrong about the earthly kingdom which GOD had promised and which was stated to be 'at hand' by John the Baptist, the Lord and His disciples.

Danoh

Does this include you?

Men of the stock of Abraham and whosover among you (in a synagogue) feareth God, to YOU is the word of this salvation sent.

Yep it does...

The answer to that depending on whether one reads...

...Acts into Paul's writings - the Acts 28 Perspective: Romans thru Philemon in light of Acts...

...or...

...Paul's take on Acts in his writings - the Mid-Acts Perspective: Acts in light of Romans thru Philemon.

SaulToPaul 2

Yep it does...

You cannot take Dr. Brown's time machine back to the first century and presume that you would have sought the blessings of God by showing up at a synagogue. Nevertheless, you were born in the 20th century in which there would have been no advantage to being found at a synagogue.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The earthy land, the earthy land, human descendants of Abraham...what don't you get about since Jesus---those things do not matter anymore.

I cannot join you in your hard stance against what GOD has irrevocably promised.
I can't be so flippant as to say that what GOD has said doesn't matter anymore. What would cause someone to be deluded to such an extent to fight against GOD?

Danoh

You cannot take Dr. Brown's time machine back to the first century and presume that you would have sought the blessings of God by showing up at a synagogue. Nevertheless, you were born in the 20th century in which there would have been no advantage to being found at a synagogue.

Now you sound like IP - who far too often uses the same rationalism of men that the 28er is also so well known for - see what ya get for imitating the guy - "evil communications" do indeed "corrupt good manners" :chuckle:

SaulToPaul 2

Now you sound like IP - who far too often uses the same rationalism of men that the 28er is also so well known for - see what ya get for imitating the guy - "evil communications" do indeed "corrupt good manners" :chuckle:

I am afraid that 1 Cor 15A, 1 Cor 15B, and Gal 3F refute you!

God's Truth

I cannot join you in your hard stance against what GOD has irrevocably promised.
I can't be so flippant as to say that what GOD has said doesn't matter anymore. What would cause someone to be deluded to such an extent to fight against GOD?

You tell me.

God says plainly that is is NOT of human descent.

God says plainly it is not about earthy land.

Why are you going against God?