ECT What Mystery??

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The mads don't want the Jews to be saved, because they have manufactured a a different gospel for themselves. Paul's gospel lite.
All of the challenging elements of the true gospel to the Jews and gentiles are removed. The mad mystery gospel lite gives them the privilege to not tun from their sins, believe God for anything, and live a sanctified life, or even go to church. Basically they can sit around eating milk duds all day, and point to Jesus as an excuse to be everything the bible teaches against.

That's why their bible should only have a few chapters in it. They've ripped the rest out because their flesh doesn't like it.

I've affirmed that Jesus of Nazareth is Israel's promised Messiah and spoken the word of reconciliation in Christ to secular Jews, Conservative Jews, Reformed Jews, Orthodox Jews, Hasidic Jews and one Israeli Knesset member.

My Bible has all of its chapters and books and I study them all.

john w

Hall of Fame

That's why their bible should only have a few chapters in it. They've ripped the rest out because their flesh doesn't like it.

Sell all you have. This why you don't/won't: You are a typical Pentecostal fraud/con artist/charlatan/snake oil sales"man," and insist "your bible" rips out/excludes those things that you know you cannot do, or won't do, or it all says the same thing, as you spin it, glorifying in the flesh, as a "super saint," being able to raise the dead, babble in tongues, claim "the anointing," and all that jazz. You love it....You relish it....You are addicted to it...

Poser.

Interplanner

I've affirmed that Jesus of Nazareth is Israel's promised Messiah and spoken the word of reconciliation in Christ to secular Jews, Conservative Jews, Reformed Jews, Orthodox Jews, Hasidic Jews and one Israeli Knesset member.

My Bible has all of its chapters and books and I study them all.

Good, the historical Jesus, who is now enthroned, is the Messiah. There is no other act he will perform in relation to earth except the judgement day. Our task is to preach him as Lord and King to the world.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Good, the historical Jesus, who is now enthroned, is the Messiah. There is no other act he will perform in relation to earth except the judgement day. Our task is to preach him as Lord and King to the world.

He's coming back here to rule from David's throne.
The prophets said so.
Gabriel said so.
The Lord Jesus said so.

One cannot legitimately or justifiably retroactively change the meaning the terms of prophesied Scripture concerning Israel's Messiah.
If one is going to allegorize prophecy concerning Christ's second coming then go all the way and also change prophecy concerning His first coming into allegory, which would effectively turn Christ into myth.

Danoh

Two weeks ago, you were actually interested in topics and discussion. (I'm not saying or caring whether you changed your view.) Now you are back to talking about the person, and any text but the one in question. What happened?

One of my brief respites from all that o so serious scholarly talk.

Try it sometime.

You'd be a real bore to hang with - all that o so serious of yours all the time.

Seriously, bro, take a good, icon potshot at STP once in a while; why should he have all the fun :chuckle:

ClimateSanity

The prophets said so.
Gabriel said so.
The Lord Jesus said so.

One cannot legitimately or justifiably retroactively change the meaning the terms of prophesied Scripture concerning Israel's Messiah.
If one is going to allegorize prophecy concerning Christ's second coming then go all the way and also change prophecy concerning His first coming into allegory, which would effectively turn Christ into myth.

Exactly

Interplanner

He is on David's throne and it results in Acts 13's sermon, which is no myth.

I don't think it is allegorizing. It is just saying it is true in the Christ event, rather than in other events. Eliminating the need for it to happen as in Hebrews; or do you not want the unshakeable kingdom we get?

Interplanner

The prophets said so.
Gabriel said so.
The Lord Jesus said so.

Unless you are referring to the NHNE, this is not mentioned in the NT. Just finish reading Hebrews (!) and you'll see. Or 2 Pet 3.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
He is on David's throne and it results in Acts 13's sermon, which is no myth.

Acts 13 does not say that Christ is on David's throne.
There is no scripture that says Christ is presently on David's throne.
Check all of the scriptures about David's throne and you will find that David's throne is Jerusalem over the twelve tribes in the land promised.

I don't think it is allegorizing. It is just saying it is true in the Christ event, rather than in other events.

It's either literal or allegorizing. Your interpretation is not literal in understanding the prophets.

Eliminating the need for it to happen as in Hebrews; or do you not want the unshakeable kingdom we get?

My citizenship is in heaven.

Whatever realm Christ brings into subjection will be unshakeable, whether heaven or earth.

ClimateSanity

Unless you are referring to the NHNE, this is not mentioned in the NT. Just finish reading Hebrews (!) and you'll see. Or 2 Pet 3.

You are not allowed to draw too many conclusions from a scarcity of a topic from the OT in the NT. These testaments had different purposes. If it isn't mentioned in the NT, it doesn't negate the truth of it from the OT. As steko said, Acts 13 says nothing of Christ currently being on David's throne. You have to force it in there with your own preconceptions.

ClimateSanity

Check all of the scriptures about David's throne and you will find that David's throne is Jerusalem over the twelve tribes in the land promised.

It's either literal or allegorizing. Your interpretation is not literal in understanding the prophets.

My citizenship is in heaven.

Whatever realm Christ brings into subjection will be unshakeable, whether heaven or earth.

Yep. Nowhere does the bible say that David's throne is in heaven.

Interplanner

Neither Hebrews nor 2 Peter addresses the topic of David's throne in the future.

...because that theme is fulfilled as Paul said quoting Isaiah in Acts 13. "I will give you the holy and sure promises made to David." You = Christ for his accomplishment in the Gospel.

"If David calls him Lord, how is he his son?" Get it? Get it! It always was the Lord.

That's why there is no Judaic detail to anything the NT says about the 2nd coming or NHNE!!! I think you are seeing it, but not how you expected to get there!

ClimateSanity

...because that theme is fulfilled as Paul said quoting Isaiah in Acts 13. "I will give you the holy and sure promises made to David." You = Christ for his accomplishment in the Gospel.

"If David calls him Lord, how is he his son?" Get it? Get it! It always was the Lord.

That's why there is no Judaic detail to anything the NT says about the 2nd coming or NHNE!!! I think you are seeing it, but not how you expected to get there!

There is no such thing as a theme being fulfilled. Specific acts and occurrences are fulfilled and usually with detail. No Judaic detail? This was a Hellenistic world they were living in. Judaic detail would have been out of place.

God's Truth

David's throne is a throne over Israel. Jesus is sitting on the throne over Israel, and over all creation.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I've given 1.5 years of proof, sir, and I dare you to make personal remarks like that and call yourself a Christian. If the whole pack here does not confront you for that, they should not be here, but in a class with a real pastor on how to relate to people. Keep the forum on topic, OK? The topic is not me or memory or persona. It is Acts 13, or in this case, the mystery in Eph 3 and Rom 16. Period.
Give us some scripture, or are you afraid. My personal comments are well received, especially about you. You can't post scripture like everybody else. Start with Acts 13 and show your proof.