ECT What Mystery??

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Isa 42:7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
Isa 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
Isa 42:9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.
Isa 42:10 Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.
Isa 42:11 Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains.
Isa 42:12 Let them give glory unto the LORD, and declare his praise in the islands.
Isa 42:13 The LORD shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies.
Isa 42:14 I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, and refrained myself: now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once.
Isa 42:15 I will make waste mountains and hills, and dry up all their herbs; and I will make the rivers islands, and I will dry up the pools.
Isa 42:16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.
Isa 42:17 They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, Ye are our gods.
Isa 42:18 Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see.
Isa 42:19 Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD'S servant?
Isa 42:20 Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not.
Isa 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.
Isa 42:22 But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a prey, and none delivereth; for a spoil, and none saith, Restore.
Isa 42:23 Who among you will give ear to this? who will hearken and hear for the time to come?
Isa 42:24 Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the LORD, he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law.
Isa 42:25 Therefore he hath poured upon him the fury of his anger, and the strength of battle: and it hath set him on fire round about, yet he knew not; and it burned him, yet he laid it not to heart.

Interplanner

Isa 42:7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
Isa 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
Isa 42:9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.
Isa 42:10 Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.
Isa 42:11 Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains.
Isa 42:12 Let them give glory unto the LORD, and declare his praise in the islands.
Isa 42:13 The LORD shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies.
Isa 42:14 I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, and refrained myself: now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once.
Isa 42:15 I will make waste mountains and hills, and dry up all their herbs; and I will make the rivers islands, and I will dry up the pools.
Isa 42:16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.
Isa 42:17 They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, Ye are our gods.
Isa 42:18 Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see.
Isa 42:19 Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD'S servant?
Isa 42:20 Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not.
Isa 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.
Isa 42:22 But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a prey, and none delivereth; for a spoil, and none saith, Restore.
Isa 42:23 Who among you will give ear to this? who will hearken and hear for the time to come?
Isa 42:24 Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the LORD, he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law.
Isa 42:25 Therefore he hath poured upon him the fury of his anger, and the strength of battle: and it hath set him on fire round about, yet he knew not; and it burned him, yet he laid it not to heart.

Well done, LA. The reaching of the ends of the earth was not the mystery.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I like this mystery:

Colossians 1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Yes,

Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

the mystery which obviously wasn't revealed to Isaiah, but was hidden.

Interplanner

Yes,

Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

the mystery which obviously wasn't revealed to Isaiah, but was hidden.

Isaiah especially knew that there would be a mission to the nations. What was hidden is in eph 3:5. these things were fulfilled in the Gospel. Judaism thought they would be fulfilled through the law as they knew it and administered it. See Paul's concern for the wasted effort at the temple worship system in Acts 26.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Isaiah especially knew that there would be a mission to the nations. What was hidden is in eph 3:5. these things were fulfilled in the Gospel. Judaism thought they would be fulfilled through the law as they knew it and administered it. See Paul's concern for the wasted effort at the temple worship system in Acts 26.

Isaiah prophecied of the mission to the nations through the rise of Israel to be head of the nations.
He did not prophecy concerning a mission to the nations apart from Israel.

The ministry of reconciliation through the revelation given to the Apostle Paul for the nations with Jews on the same basis as Gentiles was not known by Isaiah.

Interplanner

Isaiah prophecied of the mission to the nations through the rise of Israel to be head of the nations.

The ministry of reconciliation through the revelation given to the Apostle Paul for the nations with Jews on the same basis as Gentiles was not known by Isaiah.

Total ignorance. Paul called his work the 'day of salvation, the time of favor' in 2 Cor 6:1 about the same ministry, QUOTING ISAIAH. You're trying to do 2P2P and it does not exist. Is 53 is smack in the middle of the Isaiah material. Did he (or Paul!) have amnesia and not realize it was right there? Sheesh.

Please learn how the NT quotes the OT. All this is a waste of time until you are in that 1-2 years worth.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You don't even know how to post scripture

glorydaz

Total ignorance. Paul called his work the 'day of salvation, the time of favor' in 2 Cor 6:1 about the same ministry, QUOTING ISAIAH. You're trying to do 2P2P and it does not exist. Is 53 is smack in the middle of the Isaiah material. Did he (or Paul!) have amnesia and not realize it was right there? Sheesh.

Please learn how the NT quotes the OT. All this is a waste of time until you are in that 1-2 years worth.

Perhaps you're just ignorant of what it mean to be "revealed" and "hidden".

Interplanner

So you subscribe to Squeaky's teaching that we must remain in the 'milk" of understanding for 3 years

The milk is listed in heb 4 or so. You always have no idea what you are talking about. The passages that were most quoted by the apostles in early Acts and in 13 are the most unifying and deep sections of the Bible. But hey, this is the age when up is down and dead is alive.

Mastering how the NT uses the OT is a greater science than one of the Biblical languages.

Interplanner

Perhaps you're just ignorant of what it mean to be "revealed" and "hidden".

Such as? The mystery was talked about in the 1st century because of the way Judaism went at things. Do you recall Judaism? It was the institution with which there was a lot of conflict when the Gospel was spoken. Things had been revealed that it could not stomach, and things were hidden from it that were there in plain view all the time, if only they had searched the Scriptures as testifying of Christ, Jn 7.

Interplanner

Then why are you doing this?

I assumed you would know those passages totally, so that the references were enough. You are just being complicated and obnoxious because you are stuck with a fraud. The Payne thing is a fraud. The mystery belief you have is a fraud. The belief in the restored land is a fraud. All without any clear NT basis.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Total ignorance.

Interplanner

Total ignorance.

The prophets knew the nations would benefit, because that's the promise from Abraham's time. The mysterious thing was whether it was through the law or something else. Judaism went law; Mt 23--the disdain of Christ for Judaism's missionaries. But the benefit to the nations (through many of those in Israel) and grace were not entirely mystery. "In Christ" was. In Judaism, 'grace' meant the gift of the law, so that humans could take it from there. It didn't mean the access apart from works that Paul taught in Rom 4.

I'm sure that for Paul to quote Isaiah (as in 2 Cor 6:1 as we were discussing) about the Gospel instead of the law was inflammatory to those in Judaism. Do you see? That's what it means to be under the law in all of one's thinking.

God's Truth

Paul is quoting Psalm 18:49: and 2 Samuel 22:50 Therefore I will praise you, LORD, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name.

Romans 15:9
so that the Gentiles may glorify God for His mercy. As it is written: "Therefore I will praise You among the Gentiles; I will sing hymns to Your name."

God's Truth

This is Paul speaking about Isaiah:

Romans 15:12 And again, Isaiah says, "The Root of Jesse will spring up, one who will arise to rule over the nations; in him the Gentiles will hope."

glorydaz

Such as? The mystery was talked about in the 1st century because of the way Judaism went at things. Do you recall Judaism? It was the institution with which there was a lot of conflict when the Gospel was spoken. Things had been revealed that it could not stomach, and things were hidden from it that were there in plain view all the time, if only they had searched the Scriptures as testifying of Christ, Jn 7.

They couldn't "stomach" them? :chuckle: