ECT WHAT Matt 16:28 is TELLING US !!

Wick Stick

No need to reinvent the wheel, I suppose:

Matt 16:28KJV means exactly what it says. The Kingdom of God would be recognizable to those on earth who were believers during the days of the early church and He would appear to them in the Kingdom he had just set up.

Danoh

What!!?...What?
Do you have trouble with English?
Try, at least, to form sentences that people can follow!

Matt 16:28KJV means exactly what it says. The Kingdom of God would be recognizable to those on earth who were believers during the days of the early church and He would appear to them in the Kingdom he had just set up.

erchomai (coming) means to come, make an appearance.
This Jesus did when He appeared to many after defeating death and rising from the tomb. He is the King and He appeared in His Kingdom to some who had not yet died.

Do not read into scripture strange and convoluted interpretations when a simple explanation is staring you in the face.

A friend of mine does this that you have done, all the time.

He'll begin with "it means exactly what it says" and then go into what it means to him.

You posted that "Matt 16:28KJV means exactly what it says. The Kingdom of God would be recognizable to those on earth who were believers during the days of the early church and He would appear to them in the Kingdom he had just set up."

Where does it say that "The Kingdom of God would be recognizable to those on earth who were believers during the days of the early church..."

Or that "He would appear to them in the Kingdom he had just set up."

That is what "it means" to you.

You accepted your meaning because it made sense to you. As did so and so in their agreement with you - because it made sense to them.

Actually, you're both in need of going back to the drawing board.

Matthew 16:

27. For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
28. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

A clue as to the setting He had set that in is provided earlier - in Matthew 8:

1. When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him.
2. And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
3. And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
4. And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

That gift is found described and commanded - by Moses - in Leviticus 14, a part of which reads:

1. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2. This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest:
3. And the priest shall go forth out of the camp; and the priest shall look, and, behold, if the plague of leprosy be healed in the leper;
4. Then shall the priest command to take for him that is to be cleansed two birds alive and clean, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop:
5. And the priest shall command that one of the birds be killed in an earthen vessel over running water:

Later, it is evident that the setting in which He said what He said in Matthew 16 was still in place - Matthew 23:

1. Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
2. Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3. All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Matthew 16:

27. For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg as to the need to actually let it say what it says, and then following that with actually allowing it to to you what it means.

1 Corinthians 2:

11. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Note the Apostle Paul's assertion that the spirit (spiritual outlook) from which he was writing what he was, is to be the same mind or outlook about a thing, that one is to look at them from - not via that outlook at a thing "which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Com & pare - to pair together things that go together.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Once again, try reading the previous verse:

(Matt 16:27) For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

And you think that's done ? That everyone was rewarded for their deeds ?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

No, it proves that the Transfiguration wasn't the fulfillment of Matt 16:28.

Matt 16:27 says that when Jesus comes each person will be rewarded for what they have done. Verse 28 says that some standing there would not taste death until it happened.

Yet, Dispensationalists claim it happened 6 days later, despite the fact that nobody was given rewards at the Transfiguration.

DAN P

Hi , kj . and he has Matt 16:28 MIXED UP with 1 Cor 3:10-15 !!

Verse 15 says < If any man's shall be burned , he shall supper loss , BUT he himself shall be saved , yet so as by fire !!

dan p

andyc

Hi and write a verse for the above !!

dan p

John 14:17 "the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

DAN P

John 14:17 "the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

Hi and when not to busy , look at what the verbs tenses are saying ?

Four are in the AORIST TENSE or Past Tense in English BUT THE killer ONE SAYS " SHALL BE IN YOU " which is in the FUTURE TENSE !!::jolly:

You know what that means , ikt means Israel has been set aside and He will not be in them UNTIL the EKKLESIA has departed , and be in them at the END of the Grear Tribulation , and just watch how I answer and learn !!

Check the Greek text and SEE !!:chuckle::chuckle:

DAN P

dan p

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Hi , and IF it is understandable to you , explain so I can nderstand Matt 16:28 ??

Waiting for your simple answer !!

dan p

I don't understand your question or why you have a problem with the verse.

Some people would not die until the Kingdom of God would be completely setup and they would see Jesus appear in it. It is a spiritual kingdom whereas the old system was a physical, didactic, theocratic learning system dominated by the law. That was just the stage and the scenery upon which Christ would make His entrance. The intention of it was to drive us, like a schoolmaster to Christ (God) and focus on Him. Gal 3:24KJV

If you have faith that Jesus has put away your sin, you already have your reward. He brought it with Him when He appeared in His risen state and He distributes it to every soul that seeks Him. The reward is faith. Faith in Christ is what God declares is the reason you have eternal life. If you have Christ, you have life. If you do not have Christ, you are dead and without reward.

Paul explains it like this:
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Heb 11:1KJV
Faith and eternal life are inseparable. If you have the first, you have the second. It is the evidence that you have that which you have not yet seen. And I am convinced that our present life cannot hold a candle to those things we have not yet seen but will see.

The reward that Jesus gave to those who were still alive when He appeared in the Kingdom after His resurrection is the same reward given all Christians - faith. It is a gift Eph 2:8KJV and is given by the resurrected Jesus as King in His spiritual Kingdom.
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: Eph 2:6KJV

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Jn 3:16KJV
So many read this verse and do not focus on the fact that eternal life is spoken of here in the present tense. It is often thought of as "when we get there". No, it is now, it is ours, and it is the gift of God.

andyc

Hi and when not to busy , look at what the verbs tenses are saying ?

Four are in the AORIST TENSE or Past Tense in English BUT THE killer ONE SAYS " SHALL BE IN YOU " which is in the FUTURE TENSE !!::jolly:

Well that's not exactly surprising seeing that Jesus was talking about a person that they had become a acquainted with externally, and would become acquainted with internally.

You know what that means , ikt means Israel has been set aside and He will not be in them UNTIL the EKKLESIA has departed , and be in them at the END of the Grear Tribulation , and just watch how I answer and learn !!

Check the Greek text and SEE !!:chuckle::chuckle:

DAN P

Errrrrrr no. No theologian on the planet would agree with you here. And you won't find any verses in the bible agreeing with your view, which is why you've had to quickly make it up.

It's talking about the Holy Spirit being poured out.

John 15:26 "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.

John 16:13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

Romans 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

And so the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Christ are one, just as he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him.
Paul explained that if ANYONE did not have the Spirit of Christ, they are not his, and so the disciples obviously had to have Christ in them, or they weren't his, were they?

1 John 3:24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 4:13 By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.

DAN P

Well that's not exactly surprising seeing that Jesus was talking about a person that they had become a acquainted with externally, and would become acquainted with internally.

Errrrrrr no. No theologian on the planet would agree with you here. And you won't find any verses in the bible agreeing with your view, which is why you've had to quickly make it up.

It's talking about the Holy Spirit being poured out.

John 15:26 "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.

John 16:13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

Romans 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

And so the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Christ are one, just as he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him.
Paul explained that if ANYONE did not have the Spirit of Christ, they are not his, and so the disciples obviously had to have Christ in them, or they weren't his, were they?

1 John 3:24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 4:13 By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.

Hi and I FEEL YOUR PAIN , as I had one pastor tell me that their is not much scripture in the bible about the Holy Spirit !!

It took me years to see the Greek Article " THE " and know it's significance , especially when talking about the Holy Spirit !!

If it says " THE HOLY SPIRIT " it is talking about the Indwelling Holy Spirit !

If it is written " Holy Spirit " with out the Greek Article " THE " it means the Power of Holy Spirit !

And then to find out that a lot of words in the bible are a Transliteration , like the Greek word BAPTIZO that has many different , about 12 interpretations !!

It is easy to check the verbs that the bible uses , with out being a Greek scholar!!

dan p

andyc

Hi and I FEEL YOUR PAIN , as I had one pastor tell me that their is not much scripture in the bible about the Holy Spirit !!

It took me years to see the Greek Article " THE " and know it's significance , especially when talking about the Holy Spirit !!

If it says " THE HOLY SPIRIT " it is talking about the Indwelling Holy Spirit !

If it is written " Holy Spirit " with out the Greek Article " THE " it means the Power of Holy Spirit !

And then to find out that a lot of words in the bible are a Transliteration , like the Greek word BAPTIZO that has many different , about 12 interpretations !!

It is easy to check the verbs that the bible uses , with out being a Greek scholar!!

dan p

And we know that you are trying to make the scriptures fit Mid Acts Dispensationalism.

DAN P

And we know that you are trying to make the scriptures fit Mid Acts Dispensationalism.

Hi , and I do NOT believe in a MID-Acts position !!

I believe in the Acts 9:6 POSITION which is the ONLY correct position !!:bang::bang:

Bet you do not know why that term is used , DO YOU ??

dan p