ECT WHAT Matt 16:28 is TELLING US !!

DAN P

Hi to all and was amused by a poster that we could not explain what Matt 16:28 means , and yet he will never explain what Col 1:26 really means today !!

But all Acts 2 , Pentecostal people do not know what EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY or what BAPTISM / PLACING mean !!

Lets see what Matt 16:28 means !!

Verily I say unto you , There be some standing here , which shall not taste of DEATH , till they shall see nthe Son of Man coming in His Kingdom !!

#1 , What most will never see is that Matthew is a Law of Moses book !!

#2, One KEY word is the word KINGDOM !!

This passage has to do with Israel and not the Body of Christ and you are BARKING up the wrong Tree !!

#3 , This is what all Jews are looking for as recorded in Acts 1:6 !!

#4 Why will some not taste DEATH ?

#5 , All Acts 2 Pentecostals REFUSE to believe that Israel and PENTECOST has been set aside and this verse and others are a DILEMMA for all Pentecostals !!

#6 , They will not TASTE DEATH as those will be beheaded as recorded in Rev 20:4 because the Tribulation has been set aside !!

dan p

andyc

Hi to all and was amused by a poster that we could not explain what Matt 16:28 means , and yet he will never explain what Col 1:26 really means today !!

But all Acts 2 , Pentecostal people do not know what EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY or what BAPTISM / PLACING mean !!

Eklesia is the church.
Baptism means to be immersed.

Verily I say unto you , There be some standing here , which shall not taste of DEATH , till they shall see nthe Son of Man coming in His Kingdom !!

Matthew is a gospel of Jesus, not the law of Moses.

This passage has to do with Israel and not the Body of Christ and you are BARKING up the wrong Tree !!

#5 , All Acts 2 Pentecostals REFUSE to believe that Israel and PENTECOST has been set aside and this verse and others are a DILEMMA for all Pentecostals !!

That verse has caused a problem for theologians for many years.

#6 , They will not TASTE DEATH as those will be beheaded as recorded in Rev 20:4 because the Tribulation has been set aside !!

dan p

Jesus said, "those standing here". As in, here and now.

Another failed thread by dippy dan.

DAN P

Eklesia is the church.

hI so explain Matt 16:28 or can you try Col 1:26 Mr BUMPKIN :darwinsm::darwinsm:

But I know you can not !!

I also notice that your answer is I do not believe the bible and noptice that is all you know !!

dan p

DAN P

Eklesia is the church.

Hi and if you were HALF as DIPPY as me you might know your bible better , and that means YOU WILL NOT answered but you RAN away from Col 1;26 , , coward !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

This is referring to the transfiguration vision.

andyc

hI so explain Matt 16:28 or can you try Col 1:26 Mr BUMPKIN :darwinsm::darwinsm:

But I know you can not !!

I also notice that your answer is I do not believe the bible and noptice that is all you know !!

dan p

The "some standing here" isnt explained in scripture, leaving people with their own opinion of what it *could* mean. People who are dogmatic over hard sayings, are obviously pushing their own ideas. Very cultish.

The mystery is the gospel. Christ dwells in people when they receive the Holy Spirit.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is referring to the transfiguration vision.

No it's not

Read the previous verse:

(Matt 16:27) For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

Was each person given rewards at the Transfiguration?

were there angels at the Transfiguration?

If not, then verse 38 doesn't refer to the Transfiguration.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!”

And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their faces and were greatly afraid. (Matthew 17:5-6 NKJV)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!”

And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their faces and were greatly afraid. (Matthew 17:5-6 NKJV)

Once again, try reading the previous verse:

(Matt 16:27) For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

Danoh

Hi and write a verse for the above !!

dan p

The Mystery is the Mystery of Christ is the Body of Christ.

Ephesians 2:

4. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; )
6. And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7. That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 3:

3. How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4. Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5. Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6. That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
7. Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
8. Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
9. And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10. To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11. According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
12. In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Ephesians 5:

25. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26. That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27. That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30. For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Colossians 1:

23. If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
24. Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:
25. Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
26. Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
27. To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
28. Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
29. Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
5. Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Yet, you guys think it was only revealed to Paul and no one else.

Interplanner

The Mystery is the Mystery of Christ is the Body of Christ.

Ephesians 2:

4. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; )
6. And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7. That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 3:

3. How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4. Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
6. That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
7. Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
8. Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
9. And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10. To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11. According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
12. In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Ephesians 5:

25. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26. That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27. That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30. For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Colossians 1:

23. If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
24. Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:
25. Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
26. Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
27. To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
28. Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
29. Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Very badly done work, Danoh.

Eph 2 has nothing to do with it. Nor does 5's mystery .

Maybe you meant Eph 1:9. A note on that. The antecedent of v10 is not the mystery. It is the will. So Eph 1 is the usual mystery found best expressed in 3:5,6. (Least mysterious) The promises to Israel are not realized in the Law, but in the Gospel. If that means non-literal, so be it. The weight of the grammar of 6 is on 'through the gospel.' That is the question that we are waiting to hear clarified--how are those things fulfilled? It is not the things. So the land does not figure; how could it, when Paul knows very well (Lk 21) that the complete and utter end of connection to the land is about to happen?

Eph 1, 3, Col 1 and Rom 16 are the same mystery.

I Cor 15 is different again.

Danoh

Very badly done work, Danoh.

Eph 2 has nothing to do with it. Nor does 5's mystery .

Maybe you meant Eph 1:9. A note on that. The antecedent of v10 is not the mystery. It is the will. So Eph 1 is the usual mystery found best expressed in 3:5,6. (Least mysterious) The promises to Israel are not realized in the Law, but in the Gospel. If that means non-literal, so be it. The weight of the grammar of 6 is on 'through the gospel.' That is the question that we are waiting to hear clarified--how are those things fulfilled? It is not the things. So the land does not figure; how could it, when Paul knows very well (Lk 21) that the complete and utter end of connection to the land is about to happen?

Eph 1, 3, Col 1 and Rom 16 are the same mystery.

I Cor 15 is different again.

Thank you. For one who holds to a strain of Preterism to so disapprove of my above post, I just know I am on the right track :)

popsthebuilder

It is saying that if we are truly right under God then we are to have Faith in God in all matters regardless of our perception.

It means the sinful, unfaithful of heart will always be in life as we know it, until the the second coming.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber

dan p

What!!?...What?
Do you have trouble with English?
Try, at least, to form sentences that people can follow!

Matt 16:28KJV means exactly what it says. The Kingdom of God would be recognizable to those on earth who were believers during the days of the early church and He would appear to them in the Kingdom he had just set up.

erchomai (coming) means to come, make an appearance.
This Jesus did when He appeared to many after defeating death and rising from the tomb. He is the King and He appeared in His Kingdom to some who had not yet died.

Do not read into scripture strange and convoluted interpretations when a simple explanation is staring you in the face.

DAN P

George Affleck; Do not read into scripture strange and convoluted interpretations when a simple explanation is staring you in the face.[/QUOTE said:
Hi , so it is a simple explanation , so EXPLAIN !!

This is what people get mad , so just explain your BLOVIATING and just present your POLLRUMPTIOUS answer !!

dan p